CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This season EG was just so much better than everyone. Next season, who knows? That's the way competition goes.

I agree. If teams practice more and depending on team changes anything could happen. But the big thing for me is new maps. Thats what could really change the standings. EG could suck balls at new maps if they were ever introduced who knows.

IG COLUMBUS

Ogre 2 stats versus EGs current roster's stats.

ajqx4k.jpg

I'm a bit confused how you can say Ogre 2 has done bad every event yet the IG Columbus stats seem to disprove this claim outright. At this event his KD was lower but 3 matches were not added into the totals because the post game report was never shown. In at least 2 of those games Ogre 2 went positive. If you watched the matches rather than just read the numbers you would understand he is top player in H2A. *The other events didn't have stats recorded.

lts Orge 2 , the GOAT. People turn a blind eye to when he goes positive and it jump at the chance to say -2gre.. Just like an sportsman at the top of his profession, when he is doing good its all good but when he has a bad game people are quick to mention it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Stop complaining about rep points. You're too sensitive. You got downvoted for your approach to the subject, and this 'i know whats best' attitude, but it really doesn't matter much. It's a couple of internet points showing someone thought your post was stupid, big deal.

I was a bit bolshy with my opinion no doubt, but I feel they were all very reasoned if you read them without bias. I never said I knew best, and if my guile offended your Beige existence, I sincerely apologise. Goodluck getting a successful Team ;)
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Noble to disband. As much as they should stay together, I feel like they won't for some reason.

C9 to pick up Ola and drop Hysteria(not due to skill)

Maniac, APG, Naded, Legit to team

Arkanum to join OpTic

Str8 Sick, Prototype, Contra, and Aries to team

Idk where Hysteria ends up

T2 retires and commentates

If any of this end up happening I'll be shocked , but speculating is fun.

ola wont join C9 because he knows it wont be a guaranteed winning team which he has already stated that is what he wants, noble should stay together they would be stupid not to and T2 commentating doesn't seem very likely at the moment because of all the hate he received from the drama with prototype 

They're just peanut butter and jealous.

GOATGRE2

Your sig is mesmerizing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It has been said time-and-time again that stats do not matter (within reason), so why are people so keen to pull them out and say "oh, that guy went neg, he must have had a terrible event" - not the way it works.

In fact if you look at the stats from the entire CLG team you wouldn't think they'd have done so well;

Royal 2 had the best KD on the team in 7th at the event, followed by Snakebite in 14th, Ogre 2 in 23rd and Heinz in 33rd. This at an event with 36 players.

If you look at KAD it's even worse

• Upvote (+1) 3

While I don't thing being the GOAT disqualifies Ogre 2 from criticism, I don't really think he's earned any. I don't think Heinz has either. CLG lost to EG and they were the most consistent team in Season One. They were a game away from sending EG to the LBF. I don't see a reason to believe that CLG couldn't win against EG. EG has just been playing better recently. I don't know if CLG will make a move, but I don't think any of the four players have earned the kind of criticism they've been getting on here.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I was a bit bolshy with my opinion no doubt, but I feel they were all very reasoned if you read them without bias. I never said I knew best, and if my guile offended your Beige existence, I sincerely apologise. Goodluck getting a successful Team ;)

What bias do you think people looked at it from? If anything I'd argue your post came from a pro-bias of the 2gre-Ola connection. Again, it's not that we're offended, in fact you got offended when people disagreed. Despite all of that, it's not really a big deal or an issue and I suggest we just move on. Very kind of you , and entirely necessary, to mention my 'beige existence' and my search for a team. Do you often resort to 'witty' tongue in cheek personal attacks?

While I don't thing being the GOAT disqualifies Ogre 2 from criticism, I don't really think he's earned any. I don't think Heinz has either. CLG lost to EG and they were the most consistent team in Season One. They were a game away from sending EG to the LBF. I don't see a reason to believe that CLG couldn't win against EG. EG has just been playing better recently. I don't know if CLG will make a move, but I don't think any of the four players have earned the kind of criticism they've been getting on here.

Thank you! Kneejerk reaction central in here lately.

Not to say online means nothing, but you shouldn't use that to argue how good a team is. They have dominated on LAN, the online part is not needed.

I can agree with that. At the end of the day LAN means everything.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree. If teams practice more and depending on team changes anything could happen. But the big thing for me is new maps. Thats what could really change the standings. EG could suck balls at new maps if they were ever introduced who knows.

lts Orge 2 , the GOAT. People turn a blind eye to when he goes positive and it jump at the chance to say -2gre.. Just like an sportsman at the top of his profession, when he is doing good its all good but when he has a bad game people are quick to mention it.

But the reverse is also true. Every time 2gre makes any sort of substantial play, the entire forum spams ZOMG GOAT and goes on about that being why he's won 5 million events, and yet if someone else in the game makes a similar play no one cares.

• Upvote (+1) 3

But the reverse is also true. Every time 2gre makes any sort of substantial play, the entire forum spams ZOMG GOAT and goes on about that being why he's won 5 million events, and yet if someone else in the game makes a similar play no one cares.

But that Warlock king clutch.

Also, whoever wrote the cs:go article about the upcoming event, bravo. It was incredibly detailed and very well written, I'm impressed.

http://teambeyond.net/esl-one-katowice-2015-cs-go-viewer-guide/< if anyone missed/hasn't read yet and wants to.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Well, that is because nobody has the track record of Ogre 2 and is still winning events at 28. Its a similar thing with Snipedown, Tsquared, Roy, ect..many people in the community have been watching these guys play since they were teenagers so there is some strong fan loyalty there. Its like that in every professional sport, the superstars are always highlighted over their teammates.

Flamesword said Contra kept saying that his reticule was moving on its own - then Flame said he watched Contras screen and didnt see anything. 

Around 4:21 he says "maybe the pressure was getting to him at S1 Finals" etc.  

Great video from ASTRO covering OpTic at PAX East as well:

Damn I really, really, really dislike Flamesword. Incredibly unfortunate he's the one who got the OpTiC name. 

"I'm not saying it's what made us lose at the event, but I am saying we could have done a lot better at the event [if the problems didn't happen]." - FS

Uhhhh so you're saying it's why you lost? OpTiC excuses always come in hot

I can't wait for all this hot steamy drama to begin.

Do we even know ola is coming back or have people just brought up his name for no reason?

It sounds like "we broke up with him, he didn't break up with us" thing haha.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't wait for all this hot steamy drama to begin.

Do we even know ola is coming back or have people just brought up his name for no reason?

He's 100% coming back.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I said he's the worst on the squad, it's my opinion, let it go, you'll live. 

Pfft the only play I've seen ogre2 do this season was strongsiding side to side in a hill, big whup. Every other time we see his POV we see him react slowly in situations and die constantly. I'm not denying he is a godlike halo player overall, I'm saying for some reason he is bad at H2a (*relatively, compared to other pros in the game) and that's just a fact.

?????????

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

He's 100% coming back.

"He will attempt to compete again" doesn't mean he's 100% coming back lol. Who knows how his hand is gonna hold up when he plays and if he can last playing non-stop Halo for an entire weekend without discomfort.  

I hope he does come back because he's a great player and more importantly a great kid, but it's not 100%.

?????????

People seem to do this a lot, and someone posted a couple of pages ago about let people have their opinions and that's fine, but when someone's opinion is the sky is red, not blue (waiting for someone to post a red sky pic ¬_¬), their opinion is just wrong. They may truly believe the sky is red and that's fine if they want to think that, it doesn't stop that person being wrong though. Of course these discussions aren't as black and white as my example, but just because someone says "it's just my opinion" doesn't mean that they cannot be told they're wrong.

Edit; also regarding Ola, I know he broke his pinky but most people don't need that to play, is the problem he cannot hold the controller correctly as I think he claws, but would that make a difference? Obviously it's affecting him, but am I missing something?

• Upvote (+1) 1

The only numbers that matter are W/L

Unless it's 2gre's teammate with bad stats. In which case, LYNCH.