CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

They have practiced.  The problem with their current roster is that neither Heinz nor 2gre are going to light up the scoreboard from a slaying standpoint consistently enough to consistently challenge a team like EG which currently looks like the HCS version of CoD's Optic Gaming.  You can talk about "objective work" and whatnot all you want, but when EG is dropping 1.34, 1.21, 1.16, and 1.08 K/D numbers over a tournament it is going to be incredibly difficult to "out-objective" them to victory.

I'm really not sure that a roster featuring both 2gre and Heinz at this point can topple EG.  Too much depends on them playing at their absolute best.

Ogre 2 did very well in the slays.. He just wasn't backed up by Heinz. Ogre 2's like Lunchbox, he puts himself in difficult positions and makes plays to protect his team and go for the win. But the stats don't favour them if the team support isn't there. Ogre 2 can main slay better than most, and as good as any other slayer.. When the role needs filling. If you don't agree.. re watch the tournament or look at his tournament wins. I want Heinz to prove me wrong... Just Don't prove me right... And make me feel bad because I'm being realistic and not thinking of it through a personal fannish way :/
  • Upvote (+1) 1

They have practiced.  The problem with their current roster is that neither Heinz nor 2gre are going to light up the scoreboard from a slaying standpoint consistently enough to consistently challenge a team like EG which currently looks like the HCS version of CoD's Optic Gaming.  You can talk about "objective work" and whatnot all you want, but when EG is dropping 1.34, 1.21, 1.16, and 1.08 K/D numbers over a tournament it is going to be incredibly difficult to "out-objective" them to victory.

I'm really not sure that a roster featuring both 2gre and Heinz at this point can topple EG.  Too much depends on them playing at their absolute best.

You don't know what you are talking about. When those two were putting up bigger numbers, no objective would be done - and that was a problem most people here noted about their warlord gameplay. Outslay other team but nothing coming out of it. Royal 2 and Snakebite are just not willing to do the objective work. That one warlord oddball that they lost to NB by 4s? Neither royal 2 or sb had one second of oddball time. They have pretty good shots, but they make mistakes over and over again in terms of positioning and decision-making. Big mistakes that just mean that they either fail in their pushes or do not capitalize on certain situations because of being too static/passive/wrong spot at the wrong time. I could point these moments out from the broadcast - it's endemic. Finally, I'm pretty sure that 75% of their wins came down to 2gre clutching it in the final moments this season - I mean that literally.

If you are initiating pushes and are the one that's constantly going for bomb, objective, and the other teammates are baiting you, of course that's going to show up as a discrepancy on the k/d.

TL;DR: you don't know what youre talking about

edit: 2gre was somewhere in the top 8 k/ds of the first event bruh

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yeah it's a long shot idea and the more I think about it the worse it sounds but the Optic name would be pretty incredible to be a part of and in the past Halo players seem to be drawn to the idea of being the puzzle piece that really improves a team.

Well Ola and Snipedown were already on Optic and they left for greener pastures.

I disagree, I could see a correlation between one duo being on a team, but two for all those national championships? Not a chance.

edit; I also disagree with the "T2 was the Bait a lot of the Time while he was pushing forward doing objective", if you know your halo history, you wouldn't of typed this. Not to say he never did obj, but you make him out to be a lunchbox/heinz, he wasn't.

Go on YouTube and watch the videos... Even if it's not done consciously it's still happening... and T2 always pushes with SnipeDown watching. 2008 and 2009 are sketchiest for my theory, but the best team's always have really strong duo's.... ALWAYZzzzz. And Goodnight

I hope neither CLG or EG changes team members. I love the rivalry, it's like Carbon and Final Boss. Makes for very entertaining matches and banter.

Go on YouTube and watch the videos... Even if it's not done consciously it's still happening...

I have watched the videos, in fact I dare to say I've rewatched the 08/09/10 season more than 99% of the people here. I don't know how to further this, anything I say you will just say "no go and watch", I'm not going to link 20 10-15 minute games to prove a point.

Bottom line, if you think T2 and snipedown were a duo the same way roxbox, ola/orge2, fis/victory, orge1/2 etc were, then I simply do not know what to say to you, sorry.

So you edited in "and T2 always pushes with SnipeDown watching. 2008 and 2009 are sketchiest for my theory, but the best team's always have really strong duo's.... ALWAYZzzzz. And Goodnight"

You said that national championship teams have two duos in, not one. Or did your "duo's" mean two? Either way, they don't always as I'm sure most people would agree"..............................................."

I hope neither CLG or EG changes team members. I love the rivalry, it's like Carbon and Final Boss. Makes for very entertaining matches and banter.

Not when one team is getting spanked by the other consistently. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

should have just held off till you posted the video lol Cant come in here and drop that and not expect people to speculate!

I didn't want to but contra started the discussion early and what followed was going to annoy me(anytime something was mentioned scapegoat would follow)
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Not when one team is getting spanked by the other consistently. 

Well, against the slaying power of EG it is going to be hard. But Ogre 2 is statistically a Halo genius so I'd love to see how they can come back from this.

Noble to disband. As much as they should stay together, I feel like they won't for some reason.

C9 to pick up Ola and drop Hysteria(not due to skill)

Maniac, APG, Naded, Legit to team

Arkanum to join OpTic

Str8 Sick, Prototype, Contra, and Aries to team

Idk where Hysteria ends up

T2 retires and commentates

If any of this end up happening I'll be shocked , but speculating is fun.

Heinz had one average/poor event. CLG would be insane to make any kind of team change. They had an average placing of Top 2 for the entire first season. Anyone who thinks they should make a change must be watching a different game or something.

2nd Place is still just the first loser.

I'm pretty CLG wants to get 1st place not coming in 2nd all the time and for tha to happen they need to make a change EG I'd say EG is a godsquad they've 3-0'd CLG two times in a row now with there new squad.

I have watched the videos, in fact I dare to say I've rewatched the 08/09/10 season more than 99% of the people here. I don't know how to further this, anything I say you will just say "no go and watch", I'm not going to link 20 10-15 minute games to prove a point.

Bottom line, if you think T2 and snipedown were a duo the same way roxbox, ola/orge2, fis/victory, orge1/2 etc were, then I simply do not know what to say to you, sorry.

So you edited in "and T2 always pushes with SnipeDown watching. 2008 and 2009 are sketchiest for my theory, but the best team's always have really strong duo's.... ALWAYZzzzz. And Goodnight"

You said that national championship teams have two duos in, not one. Or did your "duo's" mean two? Either way, they don't always as I'm sure most people would agree"..............................................."

I'm on my phone amigo.., and I meant to put that, I've done quite a lot of editing throughout(I'm dyslexic you see, you gonna make fun of the handicapped now?:)) Anyway, Two top players who are in unison and back each other up as a duo in a team of four is a good thing. I didn't just mean there was always two "Duos" within a team for it to be successful... But I feel this is true for Final Boss of 2005,2007 and 2010... And especially Instinct of 2011 with Ogre2+Ola and RoyBox. This is something I feel would be true with Ogre+Ola and SnakeBite+Royal2 as a team... I'm a fan of Heinz, So haters chill DaFuq out... I'm just realistic, and feel with Ola CLG would really dominate. Also please don't second guess me as if I'm some "Mary quite Contrary Basterd"... I'm a fan of CLG who wants them to win :) p.s I might go back and edited this if I've made a mistake ;)...................................................................................................

Noble to disband. As much as they should stay together, I feel like they won't for some reason.

C9 to pick up Ola and drop Hysteria(not due to skill)

Maniac, APG, Naded, Legit to team

Arkanum to join OpTic

Str8 Sick, Prototype, Contra, and Aries to team

Idk where Hysteria ends up

T2 retires and commentates

If any of this end up happening I'll be shocked , but speculating is fun.

I actually like the team you put me on, usually don't but I like that one a lot, maybe because that was 3/4s of my team before the season started. But don't see Aries leaving anytime soon unless someone like EG or CLG offers a spot, and I don't blame him for that! 

What I would like to see happen (in chronological order):

Pistola to CLG in place of either Snakebite/ Royal 2.

Snakebite/ Royal 2 joins Optic.

Cloud leaves Denial. 

Ninja leaves C9, joins Denial.

Cloud joins C9 (ironic).

*T2 Retires. Str8 Rippin name is passed on to Legit and Naded

Ryanoob leaves Denial, joins Str8

Str8 Sick leaves Str8, joins Denial

Goofy gets offer from Str8. Joins

S2 IG ATL Rosters:

1) EG-  Snipedown, Roy, Lunchbox, Lxthul

2) CLG- Ogre 2, Heinz, Royal 2/Snakebite, Pistola

3) Noble- APG, Maniac, Arkanum, Aries

4) Cloud 9- FearItSelf, Victory X, Hysteria, Cloud

5) Denial eSports- Chig, Mikwen, Str8 Sick, Ninja

6) Str8 Rippin (Darkest Hour)- Naded, Legit, Ryanoob, Goofy

7) Elevate- No idea

8) Optic Gaming- Flamesword, Ace, Assault, Royal 2/Snakebite

If T2 doesnt retire, nothing below that happens. Ryanoob stays on DE, Str8 Sick declares F/A regardless. Str8 looking for 4th.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I still want to see OpTic pick up Maniac. 

I know it probably won't happen for personality clashing reasons (and because Noble Black 3rd place), but Maniac's playstyle is the closest active Halo player around to Enable's old playstyle of being a flanker with respectable slaying potential.  It'd be the closest fit they have to their old playstyles.

Also... I'd like to see Blaze return.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wouldn't mind seeing Ascension in the map rotation for Season 2.  I'm just really tired of only 3 maps.

I wouldn't mind seeing Ascension in the map rotation for Season 2.  I'm just really tired of only 3 maps.

I think it could have some potential for either Oddball or KOTH, but I haven't seen either of them played on it, so I have no clue how it would end up working out, and for KOTH to work at all, the thunderdome in the center would have to be disabled.

2nd Place is still just the first loser.

I'm pretty CLG wants to get 1st place not coming in 2nd all the time and for tha to happen they need to make a change EG I'd say EG is a godsquad they've 3-0'd CLG two times in a row now with there new squad.

Does everyone not remember that the winners finals went to game 5? And was very nearly over in 4 in CLG's favor?

Does everyone not remember that the winners finals went to game 5? And was very nearly over in 4 in CLG's favor?

Nah, Ogre 2 and Heinz were holding Royal and SB back because they can't win individual battles. /s

Nah, Ogre 2 and Heinz were holding Royal and SB back because they can't win individual battles. /s

Not true amigo, Ogre 2 normally won all his fair game 1v1's. He died when he would win a 1v1, but would then get cleaned up immediately by the opposition while he was weak, and none of his teammates were in position to cover him. Or EG players just saw him first and got off first in a 1v1, and at that level of skill you always win a 1v1 if you get off first. Give the Ogre some Love

Not true amigo, Ogre 2 normally won all his fair game Individual battles. He died when he would win a 1v1, but would then get cleaned up immediately by the opposition while he was weak, and none of his teammates were in position to cover him. Or EG players just saw him first and got off first in a 1v1, and at that level of skill you always win a 1v1 if you get off first. Give the Ogre some Love

/s = sarcasm