CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Nah it was ours, they're a good team. Although what they just did to us was pretty comical.

The restart/ keep old score technique

Nah it was ours, they're a good team. Although what they just did to us was pretty comical.

You mean them dipping after the continuation of the Warlord game?

He is horribly inconsistent.  I don't get why this is so hard to "see".  The elite level players rarely have drastic variance in performance on LAN...with Naded he's either "ON" and arguably the best player in the game, or he's going -10 and losing all composure.  The guy is not a "Top 10" player, and his placings reflect on that.

I can agree with that.

So I guess Ninja is back to making his chat sub only when he's losing scrims...

Ninja had nothing to do with making it sub only. The non-subs were actually asking for sub only because of the stupid shit people were saying. The chat was sub only when he was on C9 because of everybody complaining about Hysteria's whining constantly.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Who do you guys think will be the breakout star of 2015? Lots of new faces (to that consistent top 8 margin at least): Arkanum, Aries, Contra, Spartan, the Sudds, Shooter, Devonator and then guys like Randa, Nemassist and iTz So Frosty who could enter that threshold shortly.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Who do you guys think will be the breakout star of 2015? Lots of new faces (to that consistent top 8 margin at least): Arkanum, Aries, Contra, Spartan, Shooter, Devonator and then guys like Randa, Nemassist and iTz So Frosty who could enter that threshold shortly.

Randa, easily.

For S2.

Aries is my pick for all year so far.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Yeah Randa, no question. Hopefully he can stay humble, grind away, and be a new face to follow in the Halo scene that's likable and fun to watch. 

Easily? No question? Even after what Arkanum and Aries have done in season 1? You guys are that sure that Randa will surpass that? Interesting.

Easily? No question? Even after what Arkanum and Aries have done in season 1? You guys are that sure that Randa will surpass that? Interesting.

Arkanum and Aries were breakout stars in S1. We're talking S2. 

Arkanum and Aries were breakout stars in S1. We're talking S2. 

Ah, well I was talking about 2015 in general. For S2 I'd say Randa is definitely the most likely with Spartan as a dark horse.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lol it was funny watching TeamRanda last night against EG. Roy just couldn't believe it.

As an EG fan, I'm not worried about it, I'm sure they arent either. As lethul said, they dropped 3 on host, only 1 on their own. After the break they went 4-1 or something.

Randas team will be fucking great, but I'm not gonna sit here and say they're top 2 after a couple days of scrims online. I'm sure they know they have to prove it on the first lan too.

They won't rest until they do anyways.  

Knowing Str8 probably isn't competing kind of took the sails right out of my desire to watch competitive Halo. I know that's whack, but I have no one to root for now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Knowing Str8 probably isn't competing kind of took the sails right out of my desire to watch competitive Halo. I know that's whack, but I have no one to root for now.

I feel that. I completely lost interest when Roybox weren't competing.

TeamRanda has no team twitter right now and has Naded, almost feel right at home for you.

Haha fair enough. I'm not a huge Naded fan though. Respect his playstyle and what he is as a player, but just isn't someone I find myself rooting for all the time.

I think I'll see if I can switch to Optic for the season. I like Assault, Ace and Flamesword, and I like that they try to stick it out through the good and the bad. They're an underdog, but they're also a good team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who do you guys think will be the breakout star of 2015? Lots of new faces (to that consistent top 8 margin at least): Arkanum, Aries, Contra, Spartan, the Sudds, Shooter, Devonator and then guys like Randa, Nemassist and iTz So Frosty who could enter that threshold shortly.

Aries was always a name that stuck out for me in the MLG days.  You could see his passion between events on the forums.  I wouldn't really call him or Arkanum "new faces" to the pro scene.

Contra/Lil Talent is finally getting his chance to shine, but I still don't think he's ready to win an event.

Spartan still needs to learn team play, positioning, zoning, and objective gametypes.  If he lets someone sit down with him and truly talk Halo with him, he's got the most potential out of anyone on that list.  He's got fantastic communication and slaying power, he just lacks the Halo IQ.

The Sudds will remain the "farm league" -- constantly bringing in new or edge players and giving them a spotlight on the cusp of top 8.

Shooter will continue to do well -- I think he's the best all around player on eLevate right now.  He's also the only one currently officially on the team with any sort of event win (RTX).

preDevonator hasn't been around since splitting with the Sudds, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him return to a top 12 team.  Wouldn't be surprised to see him on eLevate if some of their other choices don't pan out.

iTz so Frosty is the player I would keep the closest eye on though, to "break out" -- because it's always FFA players we see end up being break out stars.  Frosty took top 3 at the UGC FFA event.

Dunno enough about Nemassist to judge.

Randa has just landed on a fairly good roster to climb and be notable with.  I think the playstyles of Naded and Ryan will make him look better statistically than he actually is -- they'll keep pressure off of him...which will be good to help him get into a mentality necessary to compete at a higher level.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I usually don't tune in to the forum drama, but tonight is an exception.

1.Regarding the Denial scrim Contra didn't even want to play more than 3 games against denial because we were on since 7 and it was 1am and he has work in like 6 hours. We told them before we were getting off soon and after we were up 3-2 running in the 4th flag it reset. We told them we were playing 3-2 on skype. Anyways it shouldn't really matter, but I apologize for the "bail" even though we said we were playing 3-2.

2.We have played way more games in scrims off host than on host.

3. #GREENWALL

4. @@LethuL for president.  :lxthul:  :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

preDevonator hasn't been around since splitting with the Sudds, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him return to a top 12 team.  Wouldn't be surprised to see him on eLevate if some of their other choices don't pan out.

He was on Legendary at GFG, they got top 8

• Upvote (+1) 3

I usually don't tune in to the forum drama, but tonight is an exception.

1.Regarding the Denial scrim Contra didnt even want to play more than 3 games against denial because we were on since 7 and it was 1am and he has work in like 6 hours. We told them before we were getting off soon and after we were up 3-2 running in the 4th flag it reset. We told them we were playing 3-2 on skype.

2.We have played way more games in scrims off host than on host.

3. #GREENWALL

4. @@LethuL for president. :lxthul::weback:

I wouldn't call it forum drama lol

unless you consider anything critical "dramatic". In that case, gl at your first event :P

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Aries was always a name that stuck out for me in the MLG days. You could see his passion between events on the forums. I wouldn't really call him or Arkanum "new faces" to the pro scene.

Contra/Lil Talent is finally getting his chance to shine, but I still don't think he's ready to win an event.

Spartan still needs to learn team play, positioning, zoning, and objective gametypes. If he lets someone sit down with him and truly talk Halo with him, he's got the most potential out of anyone on that list. He's got fantastic communication and slaying power, he just lacks the Halo IQ.

The Sudds will remain the "farm league" -- constantly bringing in new or edge players and giving them a spotlight on the cusp of top 8.

Shooter will continue to do well -- I think he's the best all around player on eLevate right now. He's also the only one currently officially on the team with any sort of event win (RTX).

preDevonator hasn't been around since splitting with the Sudds, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him return to a top 12 team. Wouldn't be surprised to see him on eLevate if some of their other choices don't pan out.

iTz so Frosty is the player I would keep the closest eye on though, to "break out" -- because it's always FFA players we see end up being break out stars. Frosty took top 3 at the UGC FFA event.

Dunno enough about Nemassist to judge.

Randa has just landed on a fairly good roster to climb and be notable with. I think the playstyles of Naded and Ryan will make him look better statistically than he actually is -- they'll keep pressure off of him...which will be good to help him get into a mentality necessary to compete at a higher level.

Well reasoned and thoughtful analysis. Well done, friend.

• Upvote (+1) 1