CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

damn this was so impressive that its gotten the whole cod community upset that they aren't growing enough. the community that's about to have a 1 mill dollar tournament. 

Yeah. They can't see the big picture reasons why they can't replicate that level of success. Some of them are even upset CoD releases a new game every year. In reality, that's one of the biggest reasons they are able to dominate the console esports scene for shooters.

Towards the beginning of the video flame was talking about holding some lans at Assault's house. So, if he is serious about that, that pretty much rules out Naded and Str8 Sick since they both live out in Cali and I doubt they would fly all the way out to Connecticut for a lan.  

This is why the FGC is so much more hype than eSports.  Their shit talk is real, personal, and not manufactured for storylines.  The grudges they hold often date back years.

Edit: If you want just one example of what I mean...  a call-out exhibition moneymatch between Sanford Kelly and Aquasilk turned into one of the hypest series of events I have ever seen in competitive gaming... watch the following 3 videos:

lol what is with that community, everyone acting all hard like they grew up on the streets or something? Genuinely curious, I've never seen anything about that scene before other than one guys sig on here.

:flames: Gotta say I like that pickup. Hopefully Elumnite can get those guys to start grinding more.

Can anybody give me a quick rundown of Elumnite? Achievements? Career milestones? Experience, etc

Haven't heard of him, just curious how big of a move this will be compared to Optics last 4th members. 

I had no idea Elumnite or Hoaxeer still played.

If it's true, curious to see how they'll do.

Can anybody give me a quick rundown of Elumnite? Achievements? Career milestones? Experience, etc

Haven't heard of him, just curious how big of a move this will be compared to Optics last 4th members. 

He's been around for quite a while, don't think he ever placed top 8 in MLG but he was usually in the top 16.

Speaking of Growth potential vs CoD and Halo. I am not sure right now. Since competitive CoD moved exclusively to mlg.tv, the numbers have stagnated. It's actually a big topic of conversation in that community right now. Not saying Halo will explode because its streamed on twitch, but 343 is showing promising signs of dev support for competitive Halo, whereas Activision who is really in control of CoD, is not. 

MCC's botched realease was a huge blow to a promising opportunity to start growing Halo again, but there is still hope. I may be overly optimistic, but I think Halo will once again be a top console eSport soon.

Aren't the 1 million dollar champs every year hosted by Activision? If so that seems like some pretty serious dev support.

He's been around for quite a while, don't think he ever placed top 8 in MLG but he was usually in the top 16.

Ah, seems like a meh kind of move. Surely theres better options? 

Looks like everything is coming together huh? This is nice ☺️

• Upvote (+1) 2

Aren't the 1 million dollar champs every year hosted by Activision? If so that seems like some pretty serious dev support.

On the surface it seems like it, but MLG runs the whole thing. A lot of the money is put up by MS if I am not mistaken as well. The CoD community doesn't like Activision at all, for a number of reasons. 

http://www.reddit.com/r/CoDCompetitive/comments/2z4w5o/if_cod_doesnt_move_back_to_twitch_it_will_die/

• Upvote (+1) 1

He beat Walshy, Ninja, Mikwen and Naded (Turning Point) to place top 8 twice in Reach with Frosty, Sneakebeaver and Aries (Active Rush)

He was a semipro in Halo 2 and beginning of Halo 3, placed pro with Status Quo in 2008 and pretty much been hovering around top 12-20 ever since. 

He also won the last Iron Gaming Halo 4 tournament in Atlanta with his brother Hoax, Thuggishkilla and Aries.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If he wanted to practice with Ola so the team could get a jump start on the season, that's just dandy. But if he isn't professional enough to do that without ripping on his former teammate and "friend" (a teammate who has always been professional to my knowledge) then maybe he shouldn't have been streaming. There is more to "being pro" than getting top 8...

just to go ahead and kill this conversation everybody and i mean everybody will always have something to say about a former teammate no matter what. everybody at some point says something about somebody in esports whether they are a friend or not. that also happens throughout the world on a daily basis has nothing to do with "being pro". im sure you have also done this to somebody in your life just off stream or out of the public eye. doesnt mean ur talking crap to be a dick it could be simply ur opinion which everyone is entitled to

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

just to go ahead and kill this conversation everybody and i mean everybody will always have something to say about a former teammate no matter what. everybody at some point says something about somebody in esports whether they are a friend or not. that also happens throughout the world on a daily basis has nothing to do with "being pro". im sure you have also done this to somebody in your life just off stream or out of the public eye. doesnt mean ur talking crap to be a dick it could be simply ur opinion which everyone is entitled to

Kid's think pros aren't human or something I swear, lol. That goes for NFL, NBA and NLB too. People can say whatever they want but they still make mistakes. Some are just way more honest and dont give a fuck what people think.

Hysteria and Ninja got along quite well, I don't know what he said on his stream or whatever, but I am sure there is no bad blood between the two. The only player on C9 that I think legitimately didn't like Ninja and may have pushed for him to be dropped is FiS. Anyways, @@Buckness post basically confirms that Ninja is not on C9 anymore. 

Hope to see him land on Denial.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't get the big fuss, I like Jacobs personality. And aside from him calling out any and all negative things in situations he is a delightful person

I was pretty calm last night xD

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This so much, also your snap was hilarious because of how true that is =D 

• Upvote (+1) 1