CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Details from Contra on why he left. Seems to be that he left for a similar reason aPG left.

Seems like a lot of blaming the event and not himself/the team.

No other team had issues grinding out and pushing forward in rank and success. Hate when players blame everybody but themselves. Such a classless, unprofessional thing to do.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Details from Contra on why he left. Seems to be that he left for a similar reason aPG left.

I don't understand why Optic isn't taking this seriously, and just letting their players drop out because of it. Also, that is surprising to hear that it was the worst event he's ever played in. I wonder if anyone else was having those issues.

I Feel CLG need Ola to Dominate... If they stay the same and grind hard, the best they're going to do is just thinly beat EG. I'm a fan of Heinz... (However)But... he needs to go if CLG wants to be a dominating team with 3-0's across the board. For a Team to be very successful they need two main duos within the team... Like Royal2 and SnakeBite, but Ogre 2 and Heinz aren't.... Heinz doesn't have the objective or slaying power of Ogre 2, and he doesn't fill the Objective roll with the steel ball insurance like Ogre 2 does. Ogre 2 is the best objective player in the game and can main slay better than most, and is as good as any other slayer in the game. I hate to generalise player roles, but you have to in order to explain a point. Ogre 2 is a filler.. Meaning he fills any roll lacking in his team during play, because he can do it all. At Pax he would try and do Objective, but then see Heinz was floundering in the slays, so he couldn't do objective... So he switched to main slaying. Heinz was still missing the crucial moves in objective, So Ogre 2 tried to do both. Ogre 2 and Heinz are not great as a duo because Heinz can't fill the role ogre 2 does, when he leaves to do another (objective to slay; and I mean this only when CLG are competing with teams who are playing their best, like at Pax). Final Boss dominated because they had the best players, and the best duos(Ogre 1, Ogre 2 and Walshy and Strongside for 2007, and Ogre 2, Pistola and FiS, and VicX for 2010). The duo thing was the same for team instinct in 2011.... Ogre 2 and Ola are a fucking amazing duo, because they can fill any role that each other is lacking on any particular night. Heinz is a great player, but he's not as good as his teammates or more importantly his opposition... EG. For CLG to be a dominating consistent 1st place Team they need four 5 tool players, not just three, and Two great duos. Tom Ryan if you're reading this I know you're happy with your team because you are all friends inside and outside of the game... And you know what a difference that makes :/ Amigo if you can...Ola for Heinz, you know it makes Sense :/...and Justin if you're lurking, give Tom a call. It's just business :/ p.s I've been following Halo since Halo 1, (Hi) this is my first post, and apologises for any mistakes I'm on my phone.. I'm a fan of CLG, however congratulations to EG :). What's your opinion?

I think CLG is fine with their current roster. Eg honestly was just way more practiced than everyone else at the tourney. Someone mentioned in another post in the Season 1 thread that Royal 2 doesn't position himself as well as Roy or other players on EG, and I can definitely agree with it. He does stay alive and get kills but a lot of times he sits in one spot way too long trying to force a kill in that area, and he and Sbite almost refuse to do any objective work. They seem to be a little too stubborn and fixated in the way they play. Hopefully they can make some small changes for next season.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't understand why Optic isn't taking this seriously, and just letting their players drop out because of it. Also, that is surprising to hear that it was the worst event he's ever played in. I wonder if anyone else was having those issues.

A good player never blames anybody but himself, no matter how bad the circumstances are, you let other people do the understanding/interpreting for you. Just put up or shut up. Plain and simple, he/they didn't. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lmao Contra literally went to AGLs, how can those be better than HCS?

Anyways, he should have known Optic wasn't about the grind man. Everyone knows that. I wouldn't be surprised if Optic drops the Halo team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Where did contra come from or who is he?

Lil talent. Believe he started in Halo 2 at a real young age with some good FFA placings, top 8 a couple times in H3, not sure what he did in Reach other than I know he did 1v1s quite a bit(had a bit of a rivalry with Ninja), 5th place at the Global Champs only behind Ace by 1 kill I think. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Seems like a lot of blaming the event and not himself/the team.

No other team had issues grinding out and pushing forward in rank and success. Hate when players blame everybody but themselves. Such a classless, unprofessional thing to do.

if someone didn't update the astro A50 firmware for all the astros before the event then what he's saying is exactly valid. the A50's have those problems.

Knowing ESL they did not update them

I Feel CLG need Ola to Dominate... If they stay the same and grind hard, the best they're going to do is just thinly beat EG. I'm a fan of Heinz... (However)But... he needs to go if CLG wants to be a dominating team with 3-0's across the board. nice meme nice memedanFor a Team to be very successful they need two main duos within the team... Like Royal2 and SnakeBite, but Ogre 2 and Heinz aren't.... nice memedankHeinz doesn't have the objective or slaying power of Ogre 2, and he doesn't fill the Objective roll with the steel ball insurance like Ogre 2 does. nice meme nice meme nice meme nice meme nice meme nice meme nice meme nice meme nice memedanOgre 2 is the best objective player in the game and can main slay better than most, and is as good as any other slayer in the game. I hate to generalise player roles, but you have to in order to explain a point. nice meme nice meme nice meme nice memedank team namOgre 2 is a filler.. Meaning he fills any roll lacking in his team during play, because he can do it all. At Pax he would try and do Objective, but then see Heinz was floundering in the slays, so he couldn't do objective... So he switched to main slaying. Heinz was still missing the crucial moves in objective, So Ogre 2 tried to do both. Ogre 2 and Heinz are not great as a duo because Heinz can't fill the role ogre 2 does, when he leaves to do another (objective to slay; and I mean this only when CLG are competing with teams who are playing their best, like at Pax). nice meme nice meme nice meme nice meme nice meme nice meme nice meme nice memenFinal Boss dominated because they had the best players, and the best duos(Ogre 1, Ogre 2 and Walshy and Strongside for 2007, and Ogre 2, Pistola and FiS, and VicX for 2010). The duo thing was the same for team instinct in 2011.... Ogre 2 and Ola are a fucking amazing duo, because they can fill any role that each other is lacking on any particular night. Heinz is a great player, but he's not as good as his teammates or more importantly his opposition... EG. For CLG to be a dominating consistent 1st place Team they need four 5 tool players, not just three, and Two great duos. nice meme nice meme nice meme nice meme nice meme nice meme Tom Ryan if you're reading this I know you're happy with your team because you are all friends inside and outside of the game... And you know what a difference that makes :/ Amigo if you can...Ola for Heinz, you know it makes Sense :/...and Justin if you're lurking, give Tom a call. It's just business :/ nice meme nice meme nice meme nice meme nice meme nice meme nice meme nice memep.s I've been following Halo since Halo 1, (Hi) this is my first post, and apologises for any mistakes I'm on my phone.. I'm a fan of CLG, however congratulations to EG :). dankWhat's your opinion?

those OpTiC excuses coming in hot 

TheRealCanadier I obviously disagree :/ Royal 2 and SnakeBite were doing plenty of Objective work last night, Royal 2 maybe hung back more than he should, but his plays along with ogre 2 and snakebite were winning games. Heinz is a lovely guy and a top tier player... However he isn't in the league of the "very" top tier players. If CLG wants to dominate EG with 3-0's and not just about get the win by the skin of their teeth by playing their very best, they need Ola. Apologises for the repost, It's impossible to add paragraphs with a phone :/

Lmao, how can agls be better than hcs season 1 finals.

They were. Will go into details in a vlog tomorrow when I get home.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Lil talent. Believe he started in Halo 2 at a real young age with some good FFA placings, top 8 a couple times in H3, not sure what he did in Reach other than I know he did 1v1s quite a bit(had a bit of a rivalry with Ninja), 5th place at the Global Champs only behind Ace by 1 kill I think. 

He didn't start placing well in 4v4 until H4. He didn't compete in H3 and only went to one event that I know of in Reach. (LBR6)

AGL events were eventually better probably because the 360 had LAN support...and H4 wasn't broken all to shit. I guess people are forgetting about AGL Chicago and AGL5 Nashville pretty quickly. Those were NIGHTMARES.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They were. Will go into details when in a vlog tomorrow

Now the Denial excuses coming in hot???? DAMN 

I like the current C9 squad and don't want a team change, but if there is a change I think it will play out like many have predicted. Ninja will stay with C9 and pick up 3. Spartan would be a lock IMO, he has a ton of upside and he and Ninja have some experience playing together and get along pretty well. After that I think the Legit/Naded package deal might be the go-to. Legit and Naded have a solid history, and Legit and Ninja teamed for every event that actually happened in H4. 

Ninja, Spartan, Legit, Naded

Next few weeks should be interesting.

I did find it a bit weird that they had Astro's Friday and Earbuds Saturday and Sunday. I know in the TB Twitch chat people were asking about it to.

He didn't start placing well in 4v4 until H4. He didn't compete in H3 and only went to one event that I know of in Reach. (LBR6)

He did compete in H3. Went to most of the events in 08 and 09 and one in 10. Got top 8 once.

• Downvote (-1) 3

He did compete in H3. Went to most of the events in 08 and 09 and one in 10. Got top 8 once.

You know Talent is not Lil Talent, right? 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

CLG can't dominate EG with 3-0's without picking Ola up :/ Heinz just isn't on the level of his Teammates

I don't know how it was for Players, but for viewers it was easily the smoothest experience since the MLG days. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

It brings me great joy when people think they know whos going where and what players are leaving lol

Can we confirm that C9 is sticking around for Season2 and  :beyond:

APG Retweeted the tweet.  :lxthul:

I definitely want to hear what the experience I look forward to hearing that.

I do agree that you should never blame anything but yourself this soon after an event, even if everything you say is 100% true it never makes you look good.

I don't know how it was for Players, but for viewers it was easily the smoothest experience since the MLG days.

hell yeah it was, but that's not what we're talking about
  • Upvote (+1) 1