CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Agreed, Ace is an impressive slayer (who Hysteria has teamed with in the past)

Can you really count a two week scramble team for one event "teamed with in the past"?

Unless there was another time I'm missing?

Naded seems to always find himself in this position where it feels like he's stuck on a sinking ship. I'd like to see him leave Str8 and align himself with people who practice a lot.

Not with Ninja though. Ninja and Naded on a team feels like a disaster waiting to happen.

So who do you guys think had the most impressive individual performance of the weekend?

I think by a pretty good amount snipedown is the most talented player. That lockout game where he was sniping from elbow and then front of s1. Never seen that before. Guy rips.

Naded seems to always find himself in this position where it feels like he's stuck on a sinking ship. I'd like to see him leave Str8 and align himself with people who practice a lot.

Not with Ninja though. Ninja and Naded on a team feels like a disaster waiting to happen.

I think it might be partly Naded's fault. By many accounts, he has an eccentric and difficult to cope with personality/attitude.

By that logic, Robert Horry is 1 of the greatest basketball players of all time because he won 7 championships.

edit

If you want to continue this conversation we should take it too PM's.   Let's get back OT.

Does anyone else ever get tired of seeing gaming teams getting compared to sports teams?

I think by a pretty good amount snipedown is the most talented player. That lockout game where he was sniping from elbow and then front of s1. Never seen that before. Guy rips.

I disagree, not saying he's useless without a sniper but considering warlock has 5/11 games it's bold for people to call him the best player when his sniping is such a huge factor. Imo roy is better overall.

So who do you guys think had the most impressive individual performance of the weekend?

Roy. But then again, that's a given.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anyone else ever get tired of seeing gaming teams getting compared to sports teams?

When's it lazy like that, yes. Can't really compare halo with any of the main sports.

MVP for each team?

I'd say Roy, Royal 2, Arkanum, Hysteria, Chig, Naded, Spartan, & Ace. 

So basically, all the slayers?

Lunchbox, SnakeBite, Maniac, Hysteria, Chig, Naded, idk, Ace

I believe you mean that Naded was supposed to join EG. But Lunchbox wanted to come back so that didn't happen.

Haven't got through the whole thread to see if anyone responded to you yet, and will edit if I come across it, but Naded was suppose to be on both teams.

Before H2A came out Naded was set to team with 2gre Royal2 and SBite, they even played in a Jwalk tourney together. Right before the last Jwalk H3 tourney 2gre dropped Naded for Heinz, who left Lethul and APG. Naded ended up beating them in that tourney too, teaming with Proto, Aries and St8Sick. That series between them was extremely intense btw, I can still remember my heart racing when all of Naded's team were basement on Construct, and someone got camo and then there was a last second push to the top.

Then in H2A, after the PAX Prime tourney in which VWS (Naded's team) and Optic placed poorly, Roy, Snipedown, and Ola all left there teams to put together a god squad, in which Naded was suppose to be the fourth on. Lunchbox decided to come back, and Roy had to play with his brother so they ended up picking Lunch over Naded.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I read str8 kong call ninja the most dedicated player and just had a nice chuckle

He plays more than anyone I see. I mean, I could definitely be wrong, but he plays a lot that's for sure.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

So basically, all the slayers?

Lunchbox, SnakeBite, Maniac, Hysteria, Chig, Naded, idk, Ace

It's a shame but that's pretty much always the case. This was especially true with MVPs from MLG in H3 (probably H2 as well?), pretty much MVP was always the player from the team that won the event and went the most positive on that team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Naded seems to always find himself in this position where it feels like he's stuck on a sinking ship. 

Once is a coincidence, twice is happenstance, three times is...

Naded is the problem. Weird personality and he's not nearly as good as lots of people seem to think he is (no idea where that thought comes from). He's a good player but not in the category of the truly elite pros.

Roy imo... he dominated objectives and destroyed in kills.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I disagree, not saying he's useless without a sniper but considering warlock has 5/11 games it's bold for people to call him the best player when his sniping is such a huge factor. Imo roy is better overall.

I think his sniping is levels above anyone else, so i dont want to overlook that, but he also slays really well on any map with or without sniper. I think people really undervalue his smarts and his br is as good as anyones. Id say him n roy had the best tournaments.

Just think of the backstory that would be there if CLG picked up Ola. EG loses to CLG with Ola, Ola breaks hand and is replaced. EG then loses once to CLG with Lethul, then wins the following 2 tournaments including finals with 3-0 finals scores. CLG then picks up Ola. It's too awesome to not happen.

I was watching on a 17" laptop and the score/time was quite visible on the two left pov's.

I liked the 4 pov's. Especially when teams were setting up on lockout/sanc.

I was on my 4.7" phone screen and it was still cool to have the 4 POV's. Time and Score were a little hard to see, but not that bad.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He plays more than anyone I see. I mean, I could definitely be wrong, but he plays a lot that's for sure.

He does play more than anyone, but its in matchmaking against really bad players, and I think it translates poorly to his competitive play.

It brings me great joy when people think they know whos going where and what players are leaving lol

• Upvote (+1) 6

Details from Contra on why he left. Seems to be that he left for a similar reason aPG left.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I Feel CLG need Ola to Dominate... If they stay the same and grind hard, the best they're going to do is just thinly beat EG. I'm a fan of Heinz... (However)But... he needs to go if CLG wants to be a dominating team with 3-0's across the board. For a Team to be very successful they need two main duos within the team... Like Royal2 and SnakeBite, but Ogre 2 and Heinz aren't.... nice memedankHeinz doesn't have the objective or slaying power of Ogre 2, and he doesn't fill the Objective roll with the steel ball insurance like Ogre 2 does. Ogre 2 is the best objective player in the game and can main slay better than most, and is as good as any other slayer in the game. I hate to generalise player roles, but you have to in order to explain a point. dank team naOgre 2 is a filler.. Meaning he fills any roll lacking in his team during play, because he can do it all. At Pax he would try and do Objective, but then see Heinz was floundering in the slays, so he couldn't do objective... So he switched to main slaying. Heinz was still missing the crucial moves in objective, So Ogre 2 tried to do both. Ogre 2 and Heinz are not great as a duo because Heinz can't fill the role ogre 2 does, when he leaves to do another (objective to slay; and I mean this only when CLG are competing with teams who are playing their best, like at Pax). dank teamFinal Boss dominated because they had the best players, and the best duos(Ogre 1, Ogre 2 and Walshy and Strongside for 2007, and Ogre 2, Pistola and FiS, and VicX for 2010). The duo thing was the same for team instinct in 2011.... Ogre 2 and Ola are a fucking amazing duo, because they can fill any role that each other is lacking on any particular night. Heinz is a great player, but he's not as good as his teammates or more importantly his opposition... EG. For CLG to be a dominating consistent 1st place Team they need four 5 tool players, not just three, and Two great duos. niTom Ryan if you're reading this I know you're happy with your team because you are all friends inside and outside of the game... And you know what a difference that makes :/ Amigo if you can...Ola for Heinz, you know it makes Sense :/...and Justin if you're lurking, give Tom a call. It's just business :/ nice memenice mem p.s I've been following Halo since Halo 1, (Hi) this is my first post, and apologises for any mistakes I'm on my phone.. I'm a fan of CLG, however congratulations to EG :). dankWhat's your opinion?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Apologies for the Essay but please read, I am on my phone... Posted to quick to put in paragraphs :/