CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

:wutface:  If you think this is good metal than you sure took some hard drugs. Anyways you got a PM since this is going wildly off topic...

Ride the Lightning is  :goat:! 

Dont insult the kings of heavy metal, yea their recent stuff is crap but If you dont like Metallica as a heavy metal fan I have to assume your a new age Slipknot bandwagoner and prefer Halo 4 over Halo CE.(joking about the last part or otherwise you would be working for 343) Yes, I am old enough to have seem them live(in their prime) and they were fkn amazing.

You're all metal plebs please stop. Besides we know prog is the best thing to come from metal ever.  :lxthul:

I just hope H5 is actually fun to watch because the idea of someone ground pounding their way to a top 4 finish sounds miserable.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You're all metal plebs please stop. Besides we know prog is the best thing to come from metal ever. :lxthul:

I just hope H5 is actually fun to watch because the idea of someone ground pounding their way to a top 4 finish sounds miserable.

But what better way to finish a 49-49 game than to epically ground pound a guy that had 3 shots on you!

there is almost nobody left who didn't change their opinion on Halo 5.

remember how Saucey and Cyren said that they don't want another game with cheesy abilities (anyways guys no offense...) and stuff but now they are all on that hype train...

they adapted :weback:

I dont want another game with cheesey abilities. I also told Josh Holmes at E3 that I guarantee the community will want sprint to be toggled off after the initial season, or whenever they open up community feedback for settings.  Realistically the way I would justify the HCS to someone at microsoft who only knows numbers and money, are that competitions throughout the year are amazing for marketing, and makes people want to buy and play the game.

So for season 1 of Halo 5, it makes sense that they showcase the most "out of the box" version that they can. I am not a fan of some settings obviously, but from a business standpoint I can recognize why it makes sense. After that initial launch hype has evaporated, thats when (I would imagine) the community then can get some say-so on settings.

It really isnt that we "adapted" to the stuff we hate, we just recognized that we can get more done if we approach it from a constructive point of view than being assholes. It is also cool to be able to discuss things about your favorite game, with the people who actually control what goes into the game, get a different POV on things, see what their thought processes are, and possibly providing them with a fresh set of eyes.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Dont insult the kings of heavy metal, yea their recent stuff is crap but If you dont like Metallica as a heavy metal fan I have to assume your a new age Slipknot phagboy or something

The fact that they don't even play pure heavy metal is something that would proove you wrong but I guess you use it as a term that means all the metal genres.

And no I don't like Metallica and I guess I am more involved in the metal scene than you think. Sure their first 3 albums were thrash metal and they were okay but I still don't like them.

And yeah I know that Metallica is one of the big 4 along Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax. But seriously all these bands are okay but still not top tier music for me.

Also just as an information: Slipknot is terrible and nu metal in general is not my cup of tea.

I am really into death metal and I have my reasons. Sure there are good black/thrash/power/doom/viking/pagan/folk/heavy/speed/progressive/groove/melodic - metal bands out there which I like but death metal (and its sub genres) are the most interesting types of music out there for me.

I dont want another game with cheesey abilities. I also told Josh Holmes at E3 that I guarantee the community will want sprint to be toggled off after the initial season, or whenever they open up community feedback for settings.  Realistically the way I would justify the HCS to someone at microsoft who only knows numbers and money, are that competitions throughout the year are amazing for marketing, and makes people want to buy and play the game.

So for season 1 of Halo 5, it makes sense that they showcase the most "out of the box" version that they can. I am not a fan of some settings obviously, but from a business standpoint I can recognize why it makes sense. After that initial launch hype has evaporated, thats when (I would imagine) the community then can get some say-so on settings.

It really isnt that we "adapted" to the stuff we hate, we just recognized that we can get more done if we approach it from a constructive point of view than being assholes. It is also cool to be able to discuss things about your favorite game, with the people who actually control what goes into the game, get a different POV on things, see what their thought processes are, and possibly providing them with a fresh set of eyes.

I just don't see this working. We told them what we wanted for so long and yet we are still stuck with the same lame features.

Why would you think that they want to toggle off sprint if the first season of H5 will have sprint? You know that Josh Holmes and all the 343 guys think that sprint is good for the game and fits in the style that THEY want Halo as a game. The first season will sure work with sprint and after that season you want to knock on 343s door and ask: "hey guys you just ran a season with sprint that worked but don't you think that no sprint might be better?"

We saw how they never cared that we were playing only 3 maps in H2A S1 which pretty much everybody bitched about and yet they kept the same 3 maps and (again) didn't listen to us.

I mean beeing positive is not a bad thing and I see that you share a ton of opinions with me about how Halo should be played but let's try to be real here:

Josh Holmes himself came up with the self selection bias thing and wrote on this forum that he thinks that sprints fits perfectly in Halo 5. Maps jumps and even abilities are build around sprint. As much as I want it myself I just see zero chance that 343 would have sprint toggled off.

#11%isnotenough :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

The fact that they don't even play pure heavy metal is something that would proove you wrong but I guess you use it as a term that means all the metal genres.

And no I don't like Metallica and I guess I am more involved in the metal scene than you think. Sure their first 3 albums were thrash metal and they were okay but I still don't like them.

And yeah I know that Metallica is one of the big 4 along Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax. But seriously all these bands are okay but still not top tier music for me.

Also just as an information: Slipknot is terrible and nu metal in general is not my cup of tea.

I am really into death metal and I have my reasons. Sure there are good black/thrash/power/doom/viking/pagan/folk/heavy/speed/progressive/groove/melodic - metal bands out there which I like but death metal (and its sub genres) are the most interesting types of music out there for me.

Well they are a heavy metal band per say. Their first few albums were thrash, until about master of puppets that made them just heavy metal, and then about the load albums until now, they just switch back and forth between hard rock and heavy metal. Death metal is OK to me, just most of the bands lack the true instrumental skill of a vintage metal band like Metallica.

Well they are a heavy metal band per say. Their first few albums were thrash, until about master of puppets that made them just heavy metal, and then about the load albums until now, they just switch back and forth between hard rock and heavy metal. Death metal is OK to me, just most of the bands lack the true musical skill of a vintage metal band like Metallica.

Is there still any problem with being a metalhead and not liking Metallica? I mean I own a lot of metal CDs and bandshirts (and also know that all this is not needed because the main thing is liking the music) and still you would assume that I am one of these modern metal kids that listen to terrible nu metal and metalcore all day long?

Ronnie James Dio > Iron Maiden > John Petrucci and Dream Theater >>> All other metal

So since I am out of the loop, is HCS going to actually be ran by 343 now or are they just going to toss the logo and a few bucks at other event holders again?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is there still any problem with being a metalhead and not liking Metallica? I mean I own a lot of metal CDs and bandshirts (and also know that all this is not needed because the main thing is liking the music) and still you would assume that I am one of these modern metal kids that listen to terrible nu metal and metalcore all day long?

Depends on the era in which you most relate to. Metallica were easily the most influential heavy metal band of the '80s and '90s, whether that makes them the best is purely opinion. Although Megadeth and Pantera were pretty awesome in the 90's era as well. As long as your not one of those metalcore douches today constantly knocking on the greats, I am ok with you.  ;)

there is almost nobody left who didn't change their opinion on Halo 5.

remember how Saucey and Cyren said that they don't want another game with cheesy abilities (anyways guys no offense...) and stuff but now they are all on that hype train...

they adapted :weback:

Please link to where I said I am on this "hype train".

It is also cool to be able to discuss things about your favorite game, with the people who actually control what goes into the game

Where do we get to do this? I hardly see it happening anywhere?

No sprint for lyfe <3

Also, real halo monatages use rock or metal not the shitty dubstep music hipsters love these days.

I hope HCS season three comes up with more cleaver ways for community interaction. Tweeting your gaming setup was a good idea!

After being let down so many times, I shall wait until I hear the news instead of being all hyped before. ;) unless the "Intel" is absolutely amazing...

• Upvote (+1) 3

Microsoft has a press briefing or something tomorrow at Gamescom right?

Yes, but I don't see the Gamescom briefing as a place to talk about HCS at all. 

Friday sounds more likely.

Ronnie James Dio > Iron Maiden > John Petrucci and Dream Theater >>> All other metal

sabbath> maiden/metallica/death> all other metal

Yes, but I don't see the Gamescom briefing as a place to talk about HCS at all. 

Friday sounds more likely.

Yea I think all we'll get regarding HCS tomorrow is possibly some info on the gametypes (per Chespace's tweet last week saying more info on Tuesday), and that probably won't be during the Xbox briefing (maybe a Waypoint blog post). Still excited for tomorrow for sure