CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I've always been used to Times New Roman and I like the way it looks. I wish there were a feature on these forums where I could save my default font. If there is I can't seem to find it. @@Moa ?

No way to set a default. I'd honestly just stick with the default font, it's just annoying reading one font and going back to another.

Like This Really Sucks Especially When You Bring Colours In

• Upvote (+1) 6

Yes, me lord...

I'd like to remind you nazi's, variety is the spice of life.   B)

:)

Waypoint used to be hell for this sort of thing. Some special snowflakes wanted to be unique and decided to change their font, colour and size just so their posts stood out. In reality it made it fucking impossible to read and a giant eye sore.

In the end, all those options got removed in the site update in November. Proud to say I probably helped push that decision.

Didn't mean to spark such a heated debate lol I'll just weigh in while Im at it.

Obviously the 2007 fb of today vs EG wouldnt be a contest. But a transported version of 2007 Fb all in their primes vs EG would be a lot closer. I do think FB would have learned the game inside out like best teams and probably tweak their own strats to reflect that. The slaying power would be at the least equal as well. Their communication would obviously be top notch as they won events with no coach before. I feel that could be a slight advantage to FB but nothing big to swing the series or anything. Both teams would have top notch teamwork so no advantage there.

I just feel like if both teams played one series of H2C and H2A at their absolute best for both series FB could take more games in H2A than EG could in H2C.

I also think that if current EG was transported back to 2007 they would be better than most top 8 teams honestly. Probably would be top 3 all season. I could see them beating carbon at couple times because carbon had some rough patches during that season. Definitely see them beating str8 too. Would be a couple of FB and EG finals that season.

No disrespect towards EG just wondered how they would stack up against my fav team of all time and started drooling thinking of the epic matches that would take place lol.

In the end, all those options got removed in the site update in November. Proud to say I probably helped push that decision.

You're a badass, LittleMoa. Proud to say I'm in your care.

You're a badass, LittleMoa. Proud to say I'm in your care.

jeooF8J.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Comic Sans should be the default font for the entire site. It makes everything seem so much less tense.

Comic Sans? Shame on you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Comic Sans should be the default font for the entire site. It makes everything seem so much less tense.

Comic Sans? Shame on you.

tumblr_nr1u9v3xlc1uxku6jo1_400.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't care where you put me, if I see a play I do it and I try to win, thanks for not treating me as a troll since I joined eg i tried to fix my act, I hope you enjoy our run.

Cut the act, we miss your trashcan ways. 

I don't care where you put me, if I see a play I do it and I try to win, thanks for not treating me as a troll since I joined eg i tried to fix my act, I hope you enjoy our run.

I put you right between Sudd 1 and Sudd 2.

I feel significantly less intelligent for having read the last several days worth of posts in this thread. That is all. 

p.s. people here are misremembering how good the og's were from 03-07. They were legendary. It will never be seen again. This argument is dumb. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'll take out of the top 10 idc im smart and know plays that's it

I feel significantly less intelligent for having read the last several days worth of posts in this thread. That is all.

p.s. people here are misremembering how good the og's were from 03-07. They were legendary. It will never be seen again. This argument is dumb.

We know it's dumb but there's really nothing else to talk about.

I'll take out of the top 10 idc im smart and know plays that's it

You're not this humble, stop. 

og's as in original pros or ogres?

Being a stats fanatic I was very impressed with the rise of Mikwen and Akranum as top tier slayers throughout the entire run of H2A it's nice to see some good talent from previous titles turn into unbelievable talent....

On that note Ogre2 has an eye for talent man that Royal 2 / Snakebite combo can really drop some bodies and in my opinion is what lead CLG to place anywhere as good as they did all season.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I completely agree that the argument is dumb, but I think it's equally a little myopic to say things like "It will never be seen again." 

Every sport has great teams and individuals and history is littered with examples of players that have done amazing things, but then new players have arrived, matched those legacies and even surpassed them on certain occasions. Speaking as a football fan (by which I mean the sport where you hit the ball with your foot), I could cite a dozen examples of "legendary" teams that people said could never be emulated, and yet today people are talking about the latest iteration of Barcelona as one of the finest teams of all time. People who used to watch Pele would never have believed that a greater player could walk the planet and then Messi arrives and works miracles with the ball at his feet. Without time travel or precognition, we simply do not know what the future will hold. The next ten years could arrive with new games and tighter competitions and fresh faces could arrive on the scene and do incredible things.

I feel like, in such a tight-knit (and savagely competitive) community like Halo has, with a very limited number of fans and pros and events, people tend to get a little bit overeager when it comes to hyping up certain teams and professionals. I would never in a million years say anything bad about classic FB or the Ogres or other pros that were around and dominated in the very early days of MLG, but I think if we're ever going to grow and evolve as a community, it'd be good to get out of this mindset of "Nobody will ever be as good as Final Boss." It makes us all sound like grandpas saying things like "The Steelers of 78/79 would dominate the Patriots of 2014!" and refusing to accept that new legacies can be created.

Ultimately, you can only beat the opponents put in front of you. EG can't travel back in time and put their skills to the test against the old Carbon and Str8 and vice versa for FB, but both teams should be respected for the achievements they have had in their respective periods of success. I think it's okay to compare them and it's always fun for sports fans to do these little "What if?" matchups in their minds, there's nothing really wrong with that. I just think that there's a balance to be found between respecting the past and having an open mind about the future. I'm not even saying that anyone will ever surpass the Ogres or that EG has bested FB's legacy. I don't think either of those things has happened yet and personally I don't think there's a huge chance of them happening given the seemingly bleak future for competitive console shooters. However, as the old saying goes, never say never.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

A better argument would be who would win between BtH and EG (if Lethul was in both)  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

You're not this humble, stop. 

og's as in original pros or ogres?

This.

I was just about to buy the final boss hoodie from the mlg store and they've taken it off...

I was just about to buy the final boss hoodie from the mlg store and they've taken it off...

I wanted to buy some FB merch too. Shame they only have 3 things to choose from

I wanted to buy some FB merch too. Shame they only have 3 things to choose from

They did have a really nice hoodie on there in June time but now it's been taken off.