CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Has any reset helped a team win?

https://youtu.be/Xc7287NwFAs

never forget

EDIT; if any mod can embed the video that'd be awesome

Also, still thinking what was worse, all the disconnects that happened this tournament or what happened at Orlando 09 with tD

never forget

EDIT; if any mod can embed the video that'd be awesome

Also, still thinking what was worse, all the disconnects that happened this tournament or what happened at Orlando 09 with tD

I don't think anything can beat what happened to tD that was the most unfortunate thing ever. I don't know why they just didn't give them the W

No one posted this yet?

Kind of odd considering he didn't seem to care for H5... at all. Either way I think it would be cool to see him earn more titles.

• Upvote (+1) 2

No one posted this yet?

Kind of odd considering he didn't seem to care for H5... at all. Either way I think it would be cool to see him earn more titles.

I'm sure he'll be back for at least the start of it. Question is if he goes winless in S3, will he be back for S4?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No one posted this yet?

$$$

No one posted this yet?

Well, it looks like he has an alright living situation right now

and making money from playing Halo as opposed to an office job doesn't sound too bad.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'm not sure about Top 5 exactly, but I think Lunchbox makes a pretty good case for Top 1 currently.

As a player he doesn't seem to have any weaknesses - we've seen him make plays, drop sniper multikills, come up clutch in BR fights, play OBJ, and do it all with very few mistakes.

The Brown twins are probably the most solid core of a team anyone could ask for at this moment in time.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I know most of you are happy to see the end of H2A tournaments but I'm not too sure how it will turn out with H5 on the line...

Sure I want to see how the game plays at the GamesCon but right now I can't see myself watching H5 on a regular basis...not with sprint and not if they don't come up with a visually appealing art style (this might sound odd but if I'm just watching, I want to enjoy what I'm looking at...)

I still have some hope that the GamesCon tounament might proof me wrong though

I find it funny that we have an entire collection (5 total) of Halo games, yet for 2 whole seasons only 3 maps were used. Now sure H2A was the title being played, but come on now had MCC worked properly maybe things could've been different? 3 maps.

They shouldve used h2c then we wouldnt have had this problem of 3 maps lol.

Understandable in physical sports, but eSports is there an example? I mean I know Nadeshot has taken a break but it's not like he's done. 

Demon D after winning 2009 Nationals? He finished on the top?

Despite the anti-climatic finish the event itself was great with intense games and high quality casting, as with everyone else my only real issue was the connection issues and the major waiting time we had.

Also, I've been lurking this thread since it was created and this is my first post here, I'm great at community participation.  :kappa:

@@publicbussystem holy shit, 2gre is living the life

Demon D after winning 2009 Nationals? He finished on the top?

He competed up until the end of Halo 3 in 2010 and a little bit in Reach before he retired.

That is your opinion and I respect it. I have watched a lot more H2A than I care to admit, scrims and all. I just don't believe he has a top 5 BR nor does he have top 5 sniping ability. This isn't me hating and saying he is garbage at all. Again he did what needed to be done to win. But playing with his three teammates you definitely have an easier time since they already are so great. There are just so many other players that are more talented they just don't have the best team in H2A.

Here at the end of H2A you have to put all 4 members of EG in the top 5, I'm sorry but it has to happen. Snipedown and Roys  ridiculous ability is a given but Lethul winning the most money of all professional Halo players this year says a lot and Lunchbox is just a huge playmaker, he literally has no fear in any situation - he makes lightning fast decisions and sticks to em whether they work out or not. The 5th spot goes to either Royal 2 or Snakebite, they were playing lights out last 2 events. I do agree with you about the individual players though. So much talent it's insane. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Well, it looks like he has an alright living situation right now

/watch?v=q_5TawoW_1Y&feature=youtu.be&t=2m13s

and making money from playing Halo as opposed to an office job doesn't sound too bad.

Eh. Esports is still not that respected outside of esports. If these pro-gamers want to retire, they hardly have no options beyond working for a game developer, and even those jobs usually are never leader positions and likely don't pay that well (QA tester, community team). Most pro-gamers have a traditional job on the side of gaming, but unless they're part of the 1% who is placing every tournament, they shouldn't just quit their jobs to just play games. Being a pro-gamer looks fun, but it just seems like they're in shitty positions career wise when they retire.

They shouldve used h2c then we wouldnt have had this problem of 3 maps lol.

First HCS: "Only 3 maps? Well, they'll probably add more by time season 2 rolls around."
Second HCS: "Still only 3 maps? Well, at least this will be the last H2A tournament."

343 should have swallowed their pride and used H2C instead.

Eh. Esports is still not that respected outside of esports. If these pro-gamers want to retire, they hardly have no options beyond working for a game developer, and even those jobs usually are never leader positions and likely don't pay that well (QA tester, community team). Most pro-gamers have a traditional job on the side of gaming, but unless they're part of the 1% who is placing every tournament, they shouldn't just quit their jobs to just play games. Being a pro-gamer looks fun, but it just seems like they're in shitty positions career wise when they retire.

Sacrifices for what you love.

I really hope H5 can bring some of competitive Halo back. Have they announced when season 3 starts or is that Gamescom thing the opener? I'd hate to wait 3 more months.

Game is launching with a good amount of Maps and more via Free DLC

so that's a good start 

I forget if he graduated college before H2A, or if he put it on hold. If he did graduate, he can stay in the CLG house while he continues to play for them. With not having to pay rent or fees for utilities, buy all of his food, getting paid a salary by CLG(I don't have much of an idea of what the numbers are, but it probably helps out with his college loans a little), and getting tournament income(what's left of it after those high taxes), and can try to hunt for a job in the LA area(From what I hear from relatives down there, it definitely isn't the greatest area for somebody just entering the workforce, so it probably isn't too much of a pro in this arguement). If he didn't finish college, he'll probably complete that in his early 30's, which might be a little rough. I have no clue what he still has in the bank from all of his tournaments over the years, or if he had invested any of it, so that could help out when he retires from Halo. I'm not expecting him to work in the gaming industry after he retires from Halo, and I'm not convinced that playing Halo for as long as it's profitable is the best career move for him, but for now, things appear to be going alright.

• Upvote (+1) 1