CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Hysteria got Top 8 in FFA at MLG Meadowlands 2007 (2nd Event).

For those not around those times, that isn't an easy feat.

off topic, but that site doesnt include the 10k Team 3d won for the VGL finals. Plus there's no way to add the value of the Scion 2gre won

• Downvote (-1) 1

EG vs WFX in the finals.

Liquid playing Denial for 3rd currently as well. 

HCS Open Cup Semi-Finals: Evil Geniuses v. Team Liquid

Game 1: Shrine CTF: 2-1 EG

EGvTL%20Open%20G1_zpsicl5icni.png

Game 2: Warlord TS: 50-42 TL

EGvTL%20Open%20G2_zpsuqcaprli.png

Game 3: Lockdown KotH: 158-132 EG

EGvTL%20Open%20G3_zpskksdps5n.png

Evil Geniuses win 2-1

EG%20Stats%20Open_zps0cnkwb3q.png

TL%20Open%20stats_zpskg52nhe7.png

• Upvote (+1) 2

The finals of what? There is a tourney today?

Bonus cup, for $$$ only.

Edit: Also, interested to see where Elumnite ends up for H5. He subbed for Mikwen, and they still placed 3rd. He's also subbed for Chig in the past and got 3rd.

God damn dude Liquid self destructed against Denialite (no Mikwen). That was a complete shit show.

• Upvote (+1) 1

God damn dude Liquid self destructed against Denialite (no Mikwen). That was a complete shit show.

What happened?

I've been watching Ninja stream since early in the reach days. I love Ninja but the dude needs to work on some things. Dying with sword bottom middle against Denial is a prime example. He should have jumped off the map, but instead tries to escape. Denial picks up the sword, charges snipe tower, and gets at least 2 kills with the sword. He goes for low percentage plays / high potential plays when he just needs to make the 100 percentage play / with low to average potential.

That and his callouts are terrible. Screaming is one thing, but he just adds a ton of useless chatter:

"I just got triple teamed"

"I sniped a guy! / I quickscoped the fuck out of that guy / I got a stick / I got a double" - 1 dead? 2 dead?

and the absolute worst is that he calls out guys one shot when they are not. He's done that forever.

Ok to set the stage, they played EG before Denial. Lost a close series. The last game of that series had a couple mistakes. One being Ninja giving EG snipe in the beginning allowing them to get a ton of points off the beginning rotation. The second mistake at the very end of the game, they had a chance to come back and win it within the last 15 seconds. Ninja was in the top BR hill scrapping time with no shields. His shields recharged but he couldnt do anything. He asked for help at least once (GUYS I NEED HELP) and no one helped him at all and he gets assassinated.

That bad blood follows them into the Denial consolation match. First off they aren't even playing the full Denial roster. Elumnite is subbing for Mikwen. They play Warlord Flag. Liquid comes out hot gets two caps within the first 3 minutes or so. Denial fights back and the game ends up 4-4 when Ninja's game crashes. They start the game back up so first cap wins. Liquid has camo, and kills 3 of Denial and some how Liquid all die and Denial counters them with a cap. The storm brews as they bicker and argue about how the blue hell they don't get a cap when they have Camo and just killed three of the opposing team.

Lockdown TS is next. Game starts off ok. I'd say another crucial point early, Ninja gets a kill on Denial's sword guy bottom mid with I believe Shooter's help. Ninja grabs the sword. Shooter (still not 100% who was talking here) says there is a guy bottom BR, DO NOT PUSH COME TO S1. Ninja lets his shields recharge and then pushes BR1 gets shot from bottom Sword and killed from bottom open ramp and gives Denial sword.

Then it begins. Ninja starts to rage a lil bit. He's shooting people and leaving them weak and dying. But no one is cleaning up his kills. He starts getting frustrated that no one is getting the clean ups and starts literal screaming his call outs. Screams a callout at Shooter and Shooter legit says "I'm tuning you out because your screaming." Ninja then turns off his mic for about two minutes and just focuses on the match. They climb back from being down like 5+ kills but end up losing the game and getting 0-2. 4th place again.

Then they all bicker and bitch at each other on who fault is who. Spartan seems to get upset because Ninja tries to trivialize one of his deaths. etc etc. Damn did I really type all this shit?

thanks for explaining. hugely appreciated

HCS Open Cup Finals: Evil Geniuses v. Winterfox

Game 1: Warlord CTF: 5-3 EG

EGWFXOPEN%20G1_zpsm88x2vzl.png

Game 2: Lockdown TS: 50-46 WFX

EGWFXOPEN%20G2_zpsojzvrw0g.png

Game 3: Shrine Bomb: 1-0 WFX

EGWFXOPEN%20G3_zpszlqos0vo.png

Game 4: Warlord Ball: 200-89 EG

EGWFXOPEN%20G4_zpsstqvdvpz.png

Game 5: Shrine TS: 50-34 EG

EGWFXOPEN%20G5_zpswhuhfu5l.png

EG wins HCS Open Cup Finals 3-2

OPEN%20FINAL%20STAT%20EG_zpsrkfavbkm.png

WFX%20OPEN%20FINAL%20STAT_zpsvcioebjs.pn

• Upvote (+1) 2

Winterfox vs Evil Geniuses (Randa host games 2,3,4,5 Snipedown host games 1)

KIrIsHL.pngP6XXJg9.png

QfjohBJ.png

JejiNKf.png

LnxgaMC.png

hazK191.png

wslTUxx.png

WSbZnP0.png

DyVuNDV.png

a5neeHo.png

EG wins series 3-2

Sorry if not on par with the rest on here,going to start doing these for WFX. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I've been watching Ninja stream since early in the reach days. I love Ninja but the dude needs to work on some things. Dying with sword bottom middle against Denial is a prime example. He should have jumped off the map, but instead tries to escape. Denial picks up the sword, charges snipe tower, and gets at least 2 kills with the sword. He goes for low percentage plays / high potential plays when he just needs to make the 100 percentage play / with low to average potential.

That and his callouts are terrible. Screaming is one thing, but he just adds a ton of useless chatter:

"I just got triple teamed"

"I sniped a guy! / I quickscoped the fuck out of that guy / I got a stick / I got a double" - 1 dead? 2 dead?

and the absolute worst is that he calls out guys one shot when they are not. He's done that forever.

He learned that from goofy, it's not actually the worst thing ever. I do it occasionally,

• Upvote (+1) 2

He learned that from goofy, it's not actually the worst thing ever. I do it occasionally,

So its like you guys are calling future one shots instead of actual one shots? I don't think it matters if by the time you finish the callout they are one shot or whatever.

Stats.

Sorry if not on par with the rest on here,going to start doing these for WFX. 

That's good to know! One thing to keep in mind is that Chad does Denial and I have been doing EG, so if EG play Denial I usually defer to Chad so I don't waste my time. Same thing would apply with you doing WFX v EG of WFX v Denial, but feel free to do it regardless as its a good second check over for mistakes anyways :).

That's good to know! One thing to keep in mind is that Chad does Denial and I have been doing EG, so if EG play Denial I usually defer to Chad so I don't waste my time. Same thing would apply with you doing WFX v EG of WFX v Denial, but feel free to do it regardless as its a good second check over for mistakes anyways :).

Yeah,I was going to do the WFX vs Denial from earlier but figured Chad would. Yeah,ill differently keep that in mind.  

So its like you guys are calling future one shots instead of actual one shots? I don't think it matters if by the time you finish the callout they are one shot or whatever.

Basically. There are many reasons to look at it, and if stressed, even more important.

One example. Vs CLG in the losers semis, the score is 49-49. My team isn't chasing the one shot shotty, so I ask for help when fighting cloud. I get shot by him once, shoot back once and a half. I then hide in car corner and freak out saying that he's one shot and everyone look the fuck at me. I then die too soon.

Another example. On Sanc, if the map is split and you put a few shots from, let's say your jump to their pillar bon and you shoot him 1.5-3 times, you mention that he's one shot instead of weak meaning that he's not going to poke back out. This is more of a rule of thumb thing and you'll see Ninja do it more than most people. The only thing is, I don't know if he's doing it on purpose.

One shot usually doesn't mean he's one shot, it just gives an idea based off of your tone that is a lot easier than saying, he's pretty weak stuck bottom br, he won't be able to move. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Neither, it's just facts. He's frustrated the team can't get on the same page as far as hype and staying positive throughout a tournament.

c960cdede840b290dd4addc1d24a1f0c.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3

Neither, it's just facts. He's frustrated the team can't get on the same page as far as hype and staying positive throughout a tournament.

c960cdede840b290dd4addc1d24a1f0c.jpg

Of all of the things I expect to see on the Beyond forums, a Chuck Swindoll quote is definitely not somewhere high on the list.

Liquid's strength as a team is going to depend on how they rebound from this. I'm pulling for them, and I honestly hope they come back tighter instead letting this fracture them.

• Upvote (+1) 1