CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

d25f7c40abd8ac8b4a4817baa45aa181.jpg

Seems like this will be a great event! Makes me happy that things like this are still happening. This is going to be streamed, correct? I seem to remember seeing something about that.

Seems like this will be a great event! Makes me happy that things like this are still happening. This is going to be streamed, correct? I seem to remember seeing something about that.

Yeah it will be streamed. Washy and Strongside are casting.

• Upvote (+1) 2

About this whole DDoS issue. Player cams are going to be in Halo 5 right?

Even with dedicated servers, wouldn't that still be an issue moving forward?

They would connect to the dedicated server to 'watch the players view' and then either hit off the dedicated server, or maybe be able to see players IPs somehow?

If I'm way off-base please let me know.

If I understand the issue correctly, IPs leak through P2P connections because players have to connect to each other to deliver information. On dedicated servers, the information is communicated between each player and the server, so the server is the only one you're sharing your IP with. The dedicated servers are secure and hard to break into (at least if the game developer is competent) and the guys who are good enough to break their security are more likely to DDoS the game and not steal IPs. So DDoS problems would pretty much happen only in really rare instances of security being breached or if a player doesn't secure his IP through programs outside the game (Skype).

As far as I know, this is why in games like SC2 and LoL that run on dedicated servers you don't see top streamers ever have to deal with DDoS problems (anymore). A few months ago Dota 2 tournaments were being ruined by DDoS, but after top players started following Destiny's DDoS prevention guide (in which Destiny argues that players should no longer be forgiven for delaying tournaments for DDoS issues because 99% of DDoS's are the players' fault for not securing their IPs) the issue pretty much stopped.

I could be misunderstanding the situation and off-base myself, but from what I have gathered, dedicated servers should pretty much prevent IPs from being discovered through the game and DDoSing will only occur when a player fails to secure his IP through programs like Skype.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Awsomeness

I know you are doing this because you want to, but Denial should honestly pay you lol. Really puts scrims into perspective!

About this whole DDoS issue. Player cams are going to be in Halo 5 right?

Even with dedicated servers, wouldn't that still be an issue moving forward?

They would connect to the dedicated server to 'watch the players view' and then either hit off the dedicated server, or maybe be able to see players IPs somehow?

If I'm way off-base please let me know.

They'll be able to hit the dedicated server off if you allow for spectators, and there's no way they can get the players IPs from spectating(as is the nature of dedicated servers). So, if the server gets hit off(I would assume they have some sort of protection from it, though), all you have to do is create a new custom game without spectator mode.

So, it won't be an issue at all(unless, for example, XBL gets hit offline).

Damn, didn't realize the 3-team LAN is in Sacramento, CA. That is right next to me. Hopefully we can get a LAN tournament in Northern California at some point during H5.

So, I did like a halo history with Prototype vid today I have it all recorded and its unedited, and its 30 minutes which I'm sure will get cut down a good amount but either way still long, would you guys want just two parts or just one long vid? 

• Upvote (+1) 4

So, I did like a halo history with Prototype vid today I have it all recorded and its unedited, and its 30 minutes which I'm sure will get cut down a good amount but either way still long, would you guys want just two parts or just one long vid? 

Personally, I'd like just one long video.

• Upvote (+1) 4

One video

Ya just edit it and throw it up in one bro

I ended up just making it 2 videos, its extremely long and I worked pretty hard on them to make it all look good with the extra vids and stuff, so I'm juts going to put them into 2 13-15 minute vids. SORRY, just saw that you guys wanted 2 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I ended up just making it 2 videos, its extremely long and I worked pretty hard on them to make it all look good with the extra vids and stuff, so I'm juts going to put them into 2 13-15 minute vids. SORRY, just saw that you guys wanted 2 

Way to let everyone down.

• Upvote (+1) 2

#Content is #Content. Good work!

Also, No roster changes in the change period? Season 2 is crazy....

Denial vs CLG (Royal 2 host all night)

HVEn0LY.png

hjzC83y.png

Scores: CLG at 27:30; Denial at 24:33, 22:51, 20:03, 19:45; CLG at 18:02

Ad1Gti7.png

d9ZBUPU.png

Denial biggest lead: 50-37; CLG biggest lead 3-0

GqVNYsb.png

usdhNOw.png

Scores: Denial at 19:16

0Bl33Aj.png

IEAWyYo.png

Denial biggest lead: 200-74; CLG biggest lead: 48-0

6lAJVJs.png

h7TxLNG.png

Denial biggest lead: 44-30; CLG biggest lead: Never led

Denial wins series 5-0

4qPNdmp.png

xqnYOjD.png

Bonus: This happened in Heinz's chat during the scrim.

6t699EI.png

• Upvote (+1) 6

Optic scrimming contra's team with enable as a sub, like he never forgot his roots :D

I honestly feel that if enable was on this squad and they practiced, they'd be top 4 no doubt. It's a shame.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I honestly feel that if enable was on this squad and they practiced, they'd be top 4 no doubt. It's a shame.

Eh, Maniac's a good enough replacement - they don't NEED Enable.

Hear, hear on the practice though.

CLG is making me sad. I hope that they grind more games out and get back into form, getting 11-0'd by Denial over two days is hard to see. Mikwen ate them alive.

• Upvote (+1) 4

CLG is making me sad. I hope that they grind more games out and get back into form, getting 11-0'd by Denial over two days is hard to see. Mikwen ate them alive.

While I agree with you, Mikwen does seem to eat everyone alive as of late lol...

• Upvote (+1) 2

While I agree with you, Mikwen does seem to eat everyone alive as of late lol...

The things he was doing to EG...he's at the top of his game.

• Upvote (+1) 1