CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I did. Was just curious about that tiny part. It might be the root of this problem you're having on a consistent basis.

I felt that something was wrong on the team, but I thought it was just our lack of performance and nothing else. 

Ok. I didn't say that I wasn't an awful teammate, I was giving my point of view. I completely agree that I was a jackass to you and the team looking back, but because of the precautions I put forth, I assumed at the time that this was not the case at the time.

Alright, Ryan. Avoid my question. Or maybe you didn't understand it? Who knows anymore, lol. - I'm gonna leave this alone. 

Continue the war! 

jfep.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 3

You

Have

A

DDoSer

Added

Every other cup, scrim, anything. I leave it on friends only. 0 problems. You really are just clueless.

but I forgot. Nothing is ever the great Ryanoob's fault, even when he shit talks currents teammates and wants to drop them.

Don't make me drop dirt and ruin this team too like you did to us Season 1.

This community needs an Adam Schefter to give us fans the inside scoop and drop the dirty details. Im willing to be that man. All tips will be anonymous.

In the world of team sports, half the battle is not showing or voicing your doubts to your teammates; hype them up more than you put them down, etc. You gotta keep that positive attitude. With all of your experience I know you are VERY aware of this however your actions tell a different tale. 

Nah that's bullshit. Being able to be realistic and honest (even critical) with your teammates is perfectly fine if it's for the greater good of the team i.e. not just moaning to the detriment of the team. Being able take and grow from criticism is a greater asset than keeping you mouth shut.

I can also wholly respect not giving the detached from reality cookie cutter responses to interviews. It's so dull hearing everyone tell you they're going to win, MLG era artificial hope style.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Nah that's bullshit. Being able to be realistic and honest (even critical) with your teammates is perfectly fine if it's for the greater good of the team i.e. not just moaning to the detriment of the team. Being able take and grow from criticism is a greater asset than keeping you mouth shut.

I can also wholly respect not giving the detached from reality cookie cutter responses to interviews. It's so dull hearing everyone tell you they're going to win, MLG era artificial hope style.

I'm in full agreement. I personally find the way that Team Liquid is so constructive about the times that they suck real bad, and they also talk about what they did right in order to improve.

Couldn't agree more with this.

Do you guys not understand what it can do to a teams motivation to hear one of their players get interviewed and state that they are going to lose. Yes while at home preparing for a tournament you can stress these types of issues but while at the tournament? Come on.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I am an honest person to people I know and most of the people who like me like this for their own reasons.

When I first joined the team, I told them that I would probably not be staying on the team for more than one event. I also told my team one important thing that I really stressed. "I have been kicked from a lot of teams in the past. Most of the time it is because I do something that someone doesn't like and they grow to not like me without me knowing. If I do something, inside or outside of the game that you don't like, please let me know so I stop doing it." After we got top 12, I felt that this team was able to do more, albeit I wasn't thinking 1st place, just more. I decided to stay on the team, everything was ok and we ended up getting first. However, due to the time coming up to the event as well as everything during and shortly after, I felt that it was, well, not a fluke, but it was on the low end of the probability list of things that could've happened. After getting first we got extremely complacent and I was the only one on our team who knew that we were not the best team at that event. Because of this, we did not want to improve the weeks after this event and used excuses saying that the only reason we were losing was because it was XBL. There was a transfer period during this time and I was seriously contemplating looking for other options but I figured I shouldn't because we just got first. I made this mistake once in the past(infamous) and for some reason I did not learn from it and ended up making the same mistake again. 

Going into the next event I mentioned a few times online to my stream (while in skype with my team) that I thought EG was going to outright win G4G. I then, in the hotel room, mentioned that if I were to be interviewed I'd fit that somewhere in there. This is because I absolutely hate watching, and in turn being a part of, interviews that are just the standard bullshit. I enjoy saying things that I think in situations like this. I get interviewed and say this. After the event, we had a talk with the owner and COO of Denial about possibilities after Finals. I mentioned at this dinner that I didn't know if I would be on this team after Finals.

Going into the next event I talk to some people and mention that EG has an edge on us and we'd have to be playing lights out to beat them, and it'd be a challenge to beat others, like CLG. We end up losing horrifically close games to CLG and then lose pretty close games to Noble. I don't talk much to them about halo after this.

Once we get back and people start talking about team changes, I let my team know my stance. I felt that the team was humbled and that we as a team were willing to learn and put forth effort again to get to the top. Because of this, I told them that I'd like to keep the team together. Cloud ends up leaving and I hear rumors that I've been kicked and APG and Heinz replaced me. There was a moment that APG retracted this idea and Mikwen as well as Heinz came up to me and talked about the team and how I felt about it (Heinz replacing Cloud) and I was ecstatic to finally have a chance to team with heinz. Later on, APG ends up leaving Noble and I get kicked.

After I get kicked I find out that the main reason is because Mikwen hates me. The main reason is because of personality clashes because of the things I said about us not being the best and that I was always 'threatening' leaving. From his perspective, I was being cocky and not a team player. This is something that makes sense once brought up.

If he would've came to me and said that he didn't like it, I would've instantly stopped and would've changed my tone on the team. I didn't realize that people didn't like it because no one said anything about it. I felt that something was wrong on the team, but I thought it was just our lack of performance and nothing else. 

The reason you got dropped from my standpoint is because I personally felt that Mikwen, Chig and I needed another slayer. You are a very good player, but I feel that you and I have similar playstyles which has stopped me from teaming with you in the past. I thought it would benefit the team more to have another aggressive-slayer type, like APG. It just seemed to me that the makeup of that team would be better than the one having both you and I on the team.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I'm in full agreement. I personally find the way that Team Liquid is so constructive about the times that they suck real bad, and they also talk about what they did right in order to improve.

Literally the first thing out of Ninjas mouth after every lost game is what he thinks they did wrong and what the need to do to improve. Literally every lost game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The reason you got dropped from my standpoint is because I personally felt that Mikwen, Chig and I needed another slayer. You are a very good player, but I feel that you and I have similar playstyles which has stopped me from teaming with you in the past. I thought it would benefit the team more to have another aggressive-slayer type, like APG. It just seemed to me that the makeup of that team would be better than the one having both you and I on the team.

That's why I was surprised when Ryanoob + Naded teamed together... but Ryanoob's sort of playing with WFX like Ogre2 was when he was with you... 

I told you guys it wouldn't be a problem, I can play any role :P Currently I am a slayer for my team because it is what is needed.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I agree with you IF its during practice or after a major tournament.

Other than that - what I said wasnt bs

Being able to be realistic and honest (even critical) with your teammates is perfectly fine if it's for the greater good of the team i.e. not just moaning to the detriment of the team. Being able take and grow from criticism is a greater asset than keeping you mouth shut.

Most Halo players' egos won't let that happen.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This community needs an Adam Schefter to give us fans the inside scoop and drop the dirty details. Im willing to be that man. All tips will be anonymous.

Unless you're Randa.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It reminds me of the bickering that happens in my small dead competitive gaming communities. I was going to say the only difference is our's is dumb and doesn't matter, but that's exactly how this sounds! Makes me feel all warm in fuzzy inside reading the Halo drama! That means there's definitely that dedication there to grind and prove yourself.

The best thing that ever happened competitively in my dead games is two groups that ended up disliking each other and talking so much shit that they finally got together for 7 best of 3 grudge matches and pushed the game to the farthest limit that I've seen. Let's see some rivalries boys!

• Upvote (+1) 4

It reminds me of the bickering that happens in my small dead competitive gaming communities. I was going to say the only difference is our's is dumb and doesn't matter, but that's exactly how this sounds! Makes me feel all warm in fuzzy inside reading the Halo drama! That means there's definitely that dedication there to grind and prove yourself.

The best thing that ever happened competitively in my dead games is two groups that ended up disliking each other and talking so much shit that they finally got together for 7 best of 3 grudge matches and pushed the game to the farthest limit that I've seen. Let's see some rivalries boys!

EG vs. Denial

Denial vs. WFX

WFX vs. Optic

WFX vs. Cloud9

WFX vs. Team Liquid 

Wait, this formation is not natural.  :wutface:

The KotH loss of points issue caused them to dislike eachother.

damn i forgot about that stuff. 

so much has happened since then

We're in 2015 with a bunch of people in their early 20s, arguing with each other over tournaments that pay out less than a $50 daily average at best each week. Really? I guess it's fun to dick around and talk shit, but honestly, if there was a shift over the past few months, it would've happened. Yeah, it's online, there's been one LAN, it's involving situations out of people's controls, there's been team changes, but let's be real. At the end of the day when the games matter, the list of top teams is only 2 at this point: Denial - which is just about a solid lock for 2nd - and EG, who literally shows up once or twice a week now to punch a time card after wasting their Sunday just to collect their paycheck. The gap between 3rd and 8th is pretty much the same between 2nd and 3rd. I get the grind, I understand the effort, but all this noise just seems so....meaningless. At least spend some of the energy putting meaningful effort to get better, because if these other teams wanted to be the best as many claim to, they'd have to beat EG or Denial anyway regardless of round, and it hasn't been happening. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 4

We're in 2015 with a bunch of people in their early 20s, arguing with each other over tournaments that pay out less than a $50 daily average at best each week. Really? I guess it's fun to dick around and talk shit, but honestly, if there was a shift over the past few months, it would've happened. Yeah, it's online, there's been one LAN, it's involving situations out of people's controls, there's been team changes, but let's be real. At the end of the day when the games matter, the list of top teams is only 2 at this point: Denial - which is just about a solid lock for 2nd - and EG, who literally shows up once or twice a week now to punch a time card after wasting their Sunday just to collect their paycheck. The gap between 3rd and 8th is pretty much the same between 2nd and 3rd. I get the grind, I understand the effort, but all this noise just seems so....meaningless. At least spend some of the energy putting meaningful effort to get better, because if these other teams wanted to be the best as many claim to, they'd have to beat EG or Denial anyway regardless of round, and it hasn't been happening. 

How can you get better when yo..........

*attempting to reconnect*

alwa.....

*resetting the router*

getting hit.

STOP RYA....

*DNF*

• Upvote (+1) 4

EG vs. Denial

Denial vs. WFX

WFX vs. Optic

WFX vs. Cloud9

WFX vs. Team Liquid 

Wait, this formation is not natural.  :wutface:

WFX vs OpTic isn't relevant anymore since Contra isn't on the team (no more "keep wondering why I outplace you next event").  Unless you're just referencing Randa's "#GreenWall" spam.

WFX vs Liquid I don't understand unless you're following the "Ryan hates Ninja" storyline that has been proven a few times not to be true.

And I think WFX vs Cloud 9 died off after Pistola blew off some steam.

My "rivalry" list:

EG vs Denial: Kinda unquestionably the top two teams right now, no apparent hate between them.  Good rivalry based off skill.

OpTic vs Cloud 9: ALWAYS GAME 5S FOR TOP 4.  Still a little bad blood from the black screen bonanza at St. Louis.  Two teams polar opposites in teamwork vs individual skill.  Also, "the battle of the underpracticed"

WFX vs Denial: Ryanoob vs former team, the #Curse didn't land at IG Atlanta, and clearly some spats between them going on right now.

EG vs WFX: (Really, this is more of forum stuff, usually with Lethul swatting Randa's nose with a newspaper and saying "No, Bad Dog.")

Storylines for Indianapolis list:

EG win streak. (Self-explanatory)

Will Liquid's work ethic pay off? - They're putting in a lot of time,  but still struggling against top teams.  Can they overcome the hump and place top 4 on LAN?

Was Cloud 9's top 3 finish a fluke? - They still seem to hate the game and put in very little effort online.  But LANsteria and the Wizard showed up at Atlanta.

Will CLG recover from Ogre 2's family vacation? - 3 weeks without practice is a long time, fortunately for CLG there was a long no-LAN dry season.  Will their time before Indianapolis be enough to get back on the same page?

Will Randa ever stop talking? - Probably not.

OpTic Bootcamp enough? - OpTic recently had a "bootcamp" week, and Maniac is in the OpTic house.  They're definitely putting in more online practice than they have been...will they be even stronger than before?

3-Team LAN Benefits - How strong will eX, WFX, and Liquid look after their LAN at Coby's house?

• Upvote (+1) 4