CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Yes, I have heard of it and I know some QL players are moving to it because of the recent controversial updates to QL that are a straight up slap in the face to loyal Quakers (and what good has it done for the population of the game?). Its just a question of whether a game like UT4 or Reflex can get a decent following to build on and maybe emerge in comp gaming again. As someone who is not a die-hard dueler anymore, UT4 alpha has been what I have been playing of late.

Don't want to go too off topic here. I will PM you.

So I don't know what is going on with the new "update", but it was a pain in the ass for me to download, and took about 15mins (my dl is 70mbps). And after it was 100% completed, I tried going in to MM, and the screen popped up that said "H2A is only 85% complete", even though it was 100% complete. Anyway, after a few hard resets it finally let me on. 

I haven't read the bulletin, if there even is one yet, but the things I noticed right away were:
-While searching MM, 343i did us a favor of going back to the H3 style, and showing "player found" as the players fill up in the lobby, rather than showing the player's actual gt.  It still shows the players customized colors and emblems, but only the real sweaty kids will now dodge if they notice the pro's and semi-pro's colors and emblems.  (I wouldn't put it past some of these kids).  I've heard Ninja ask for this to be put in for awhile now.  Hopefully will eliminate dodging.

-2nd, yes Relic is there, but it is "Remnant" now.  And of course the first game I get into is Remnant 1Flag.  I voted for Shrine TS, 6 other voted for Remnant. First impressions:

*The artwork done on this map is top tier.  I was skeptical, but it really does look phenomenal.  The textures are smooth, I didn't notice any input/screen lag and I was worried, from the pics I had seen, that it was going to be too dark, (horrifying flashbacks to Backwash on H2), but the lighting is solid.
*The hovering station, I guess is what I'll call it, I can't remember the callout for it in H2 (where there was a lift and where the beam rifle spawned), has been completely overhauled; and I like Remnant's version better than the original.  Much like what they did with "elbow" on Lockdown, they added some good spots to cover yourself, but also put 2 fusion barrels up there so someone can't camp the whole time.  Its now a mini building with 2 stories and there is a left from 1st floor to 2nd floor.  They also added a large rock that you can jump up to the 2nd floor if you choose that route that way there just isn't one way to the top. 

-All the vehicles, at least from what I remember, are still there.  And it also seems like on the beach/shore south side, they have added a lot of boulders and nifty pathways, holes in the rocks and other features that make BR battles more interesting. 

-I did not go to the North end of the map at all, so I don't have much feed back there.

Negatives:
-You will quickly notice that they have some dreaded background music playing during the actual gameplay.  I can't remember if this was only when the flag was out, or if it was only in the last minute of the round, but it is very distinctive.  I will admit that it does add a little drama to the gameplay and the music is actually tolerable, in my opinion, but I have a feeling that it will wear out its welcome very quickly the more the map is played.  And as many have asked, what the hell is up with 343i making the damn background music volume cranked so high.  Have the employees in charge of the implementing the music hard of hearing? Ever since H4, especially if you have a headset, it is blaring.

-All of this is my opinion of course, but I feel 343i did it again to us, they made this map HUGE.  Granted I have not played Relic in 10years, (I have yet to get it selected in MCC MM), but I don't remember it being this large.  The beach/shore end of the map seems to stretch for miles, and say you get in a 1v4 or 2v4 situation and are the team that is outnumbered with the lead, there is a very good chance that you can hide at a handful of spots and it will be several minutes before the other team finds you with all 4 opponents searching hard.  Did they forget MCC doesn't have sprint? (I shouldn't have said that. Don't want to remind them), but I just feel that in slayer game types this map may not reach 50kills in the allotted time.  With Flag it's different because everyone going for the objective, but too large for my taste.

Overall, the artwork is 9/10, but I care much more about gameplay over looks, and to me this will get stale after 5 or 6 matches.  Even after one match, I would still rather play Zenith.  And NO WAY, as we already know, Remnant could ever be used in HCS or any other competitive settings.  Beating the dead horse, 343i should've went with the Beaver Creek or Midship remake.

I actually played my first game with @apublicbussystem, and our teammates were garbage, as were our opponents except for one guy.  I understand why they chose Remnant, likely because they were excited for a new map, but they had no clue how to play objective.  I ran the game-winning decisive flag all the way to the beach/shore before dying, they maybe had 20 yards to go, and in my death cam, they were completely oblivious to capping it and ran forward to try and slay.  Luckily, I respawned close to the flag, nearly got it there before being sniped and they finally put it in.

So just a warning fellas, be prepared for this map to get selected a lot, at least until the novelty wears off. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I don't know what is going on with the new "update", but it was a pain in the ass for me the download, and took about 15mins (my dl is 70mbps). And after it was 100% completed, I tried going in to MM, and the screen popped up that said "H2A is only 85% complete", even though it was 100% complete. Anyway, after a few hard resets it finally let me on. 

I haven't read the bulletin, if there even is one yet, but the things I noticed right away were:

-While searching MM, 343i did us a favor of going back to the H3 style, and showing "player found" as the players fill up in the lobby, rather than showing the player's actual gt.  It still shows the players customized colors and emblems, but only the real sweaty kids will now dodge if they notice the pro's and semi-pro's colors and emblems.  (I wouldn't put it past some of these kids).  I've heard Ninja as for this to put in for awhile now.  Hopefully will eliminate dodging.

-2nd, yes Relic is there, but it is "Remnant" now.  And of course the first game I get into is Remnant 1Flag.  I voted for Shrine TS, 6 other voted for Remnant. First impressions:

*The artwork done on this map is top tier.  I was skeptical, but it really does look phenomenal.  The textures are smooth, I didn't notice any input/screen lag and I was worried, from the pics I had seen, that it was going to be too dark, (horrifying flashbacks to Backwash on H2), but the lighting is solid.

*The hovering station, I guess is what I'll call it, I can't remember the callout for it in H2 (where there was a lift and where the beam rifle spawned), has been completely overhauled; and I like Remnant's version better than the original.  Much like what they did with "elbow" on Lockdown, they added some good spots to cover yourself, but also put 2 fusion barrels up there so someone can't camp the whole time.  Its now a mini building with 2 stories and there is a left from 1st floor to 2nd floor.  They also added a large rock that you can jump up to the 2nd floor if you choose that route that way there just isn't one way to the top. 

-All the vehicles, at least from what I remember, are still there.  And it also seems like on the beach/shore south side, they have added a lot of boulders and nifty pathways, holes in the rocks and other features that make BR battles more interesting. 

-I did not go to the North end of the map at all, so I don't have much feed back there.

Negatives:

-You will quickly notice that they have some dreaded background music playing during the actual gameplay.  I can't remember if this was only when the flag was out, or if it was only in the last minute of the round, but it is very distinctive.  I will admit that it does add a little drama to the gameplay and the music is actually tolerable, in my opinion, but I have a feeling that it will wear out its welcome very quickly the more the map is played.  And as many have asked, what the hell is up with 343i making the damn background music volume cranked so high.  Have the employees incharge of the implementing the music hard of hearing? Ever since H4, especially if you have a headset, it is blaring.

-All of this is my opinion of course, but I feel 343i did it again to us, they made this map HUGE.  Granted I have not played Relic in 10years, (I have yet to get it selected in MCC MM), but I don't remember it being this large.  The beach/shore end of the map seems to stretch for miles, and say you get in a 1v4 or 2v4 situation and are the team that is outnumbered with the lead, there is a very good chance that you can hide at a handful of spots and it will be several minutes before the other time finds you with all 4 opponents searching hard.  Did they forget MCC doesn't have sprint? (I shouldn't have said that. Don't want to remind them), but I just feel that in slayer game types this map may not reach 50kills in the allotted time.  With Flag it's different because everyone going for the objective, but too large for my taste.

Overall, the artwork is 9/10, but I care much more about gameplay over looks, and to me this will get stale after 5 or 6 matches.  Even after one match, I would still rather play Zenith.  And NO WAY, as we already know, Remnant could ever be used in HCS or any other competitive settings.  Beating the dead horse, 343i should've went with the Beaver Creek or Midship remake.

I actually played my first game with @apublicbussystem, and our teammates were garbage, as were our opponents except for one guy.  I understand why they chose Remnant, likely because they were excited for a new map, but they had know clue how to play objective.  I ran the game-winning decisive flag all the way to the beach/shore before dying, they maybe had 20 yards to go, and in my death cam, they were completely oblivious to capping it and ran forward to try and slay.  Luckly, I respawned close to the flag, nearly got it there before being sniped and they finally put it in.

So just a warning fellas, be prepared for this map to get selected a lot, at least until the novelty wears off. 

Extremely off topic. Str8 1st.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Which teams have quest bar discount codes?

Am I alone with the fact that Ninja's stream doesnt work right? It's always laggy, and slow to load for me, even past rebroadcasts.

Time to get Relic Slice in :milk:

I dont get why they made this. It's too big for regular H2A, Big Team isnt ranked so no one takes it seriously, and on top of that, no one votes for H2A in BTB.

Time to get Relic Slice in :milk:

My most favorite map from Halo 2! This map is sooooo competitive. I am really glad 343i decided to pick this map when they were thinking a lot about HCS! 

My 1st ever youtube game play

hope you guys enjoy :)

"I'm shitting so hard, dude!"

This leads me to believe there might be another EU wildcard event, since Chalkie only plays CS now and there isn't an EU event until late August 

h5 invitationals  :milk:

Is there an online tourny tonight?

There's also a FFA tourney going on too, If thats what you were talking about.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There's also a FFA tourney going on too, If thats what you were talking about.

Nah you're last post was the one I was looking for. So there's one tomorrow?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nah you're last post was the one I was looking for. So there's one tomorrow?

Yeah the HCS 4v4 legendary cup is tomorrow.

• Upvote (+1) 1