CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Ya that was earlier, I fixed that. We just weren't playing good, we don't practice as much as we should, it showed, can't do nothing about it now.

I miss the Prototype from THIS era:

By far the craziest start against a top team I've ever seen (minutes 9.00 - 10.30).

• Upvote (+1) 6

It wasn't how good tsquared was that got him on the Dr pepper he was just very marketable and people liked him.

It's the same with team liquid people like them and nobody is saying they're as good as tsquared/ogres/strongside just they're marketable.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I miss the Prototype from THIS era:

By far the craziest start against a top team I've ever seen (minutes 9.00 - 10.30).

Same. I'm washed

• Upvote (+1) 8

I'm not saying that they'll be the legendary players that those guys are, but they'll be the new faces of competitive Halo. Like the next generation of HCS players, after Ogre 2 retires, will look at those guys as the "old" pros and think of them when they think of HCS.

Similar to how my generation of players looks at Victory, RoyBox, Hysteria, Pistola, Snipedown as their top tier players when the guys before me saw Zyos, Darkman, BigTimer, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm not saying that they'll be the legendary players that those guys are, but they'll be the new faces of competitive Halo. Like the next generation of HCS players, after Ogre 2 retires, will look at those guys as the "old" pros and think of them when they think of HCS.

Similar to how my generation of players looks at Victory, RoyBox, Hysteria, Pistola, Snipedown as their top tier players when the guys before me saw Zyos, Darkman, BigTimer, etc.

Take a look at everybodies age that you've listed(Prototype, Ninja & Spartan) and then compare those to "your generation"'s ages. Notice anything different? Except for Spartan, they're all pretty much the same age. That's why I'll say no.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So sad to think about :(

Take a look at everybodies age that you've listed(Prototype, Ninja & Spartan) and then compare those to "your generation"'s ages. Notice anything different? Except for Spartan, they're all pretty much the same age. That's why I'll say no.

That's an interesting point about ages, but I don't see why age is going to hold them back from being the "faces of competitive halo." 

Are you saying their too old to be/become massively popular? You really don't think people will follow a 24 year old Ninja? Even 30 year old Ninja will mostly likely be very marketable if he and Halo are able to grow. 

Or are you saying that these players won't stick around because of their age? Could be, but pro-gaming is becoming more accepted in the "real world" and more profitable (for the right games) There's a reason we've had "generations" in competitive halo; people move on in life. But if HCS makes a splash (a big if), I think that these generations (and gaming careers) will be getting longer.

Or am I missing something obvious about your argument? :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

I can see that happening, but I don't believe it will. The people that you listed: Victory, RoyBox, Hysteria, Pistola, Snipedown were championship winners and consistently competing for the top spots (still are). Team Liquid is made up of players who are popular streamers, but not popular for winning events or competing for the top spots.

I can see the argument more for a TSquared marketability with Ninja, but I still think that is yet to be seen. Especially because TSquared made a huge impact with Str8 Rippin' and stuck with them for a career, and the players on Team Liquid have been on a dozen different squads just in 2 seasons? That being said, Team Liquid is a huge organization, and I personally love them, and so they have the capability of making the Team Liquid Halo team well-known outside of HCS die-hards.

I think there is a lot of work to be done, but if they stay with Team Liquid (which I do not see happening because they will under-place in their eyes and drop somebody) and start placing top on main stage (which I do not see happening either) then we very well could see Team Liquid on a Doritos (probably not Doritos) bag come Halo 5. :)

Denial looks pretty good to make the finals, and of course money is on EG to also make it. But I think they will have a tougher road to get there if Team Liquid is on their game today. 

I believe Elumnite is subbing for APG this cup.

So the road may have just become tougher.

No. As the next T2's, this is where Team Liquid will be pictured in a year from now

medium_120908Gamer2mjg.JPG

If team Liquid is going to put it's players on bottles, it sure as hell isn't going to be anyone from their Halo team.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If team Liquid is going to put it's players on bottles, it sure as hell isn't going to be anyone from their Halo team.

Piglett!

Well, they do have Elamite as their coach...

Piglett!

Yeah, the ADC that was only GOOD when he was literally being beaten by his coach, kkOma (common practice in Asian eSports) who has been known for massive ego issues since then is definitely the player to market for their LoL team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, the ADC that was only GOOD when he was literally being beaten by his coach, kkOma (common practice in Asian eSports) who has been known for massive ego issues since then is definitely the player to market for their LoL team.

Exactly, there's someone they wouldn't put on a bottle over Ninja.

Anyone who thinks Team Liquid will place top 4 or even top 6 is sadly mistaken. Bunch of scrandys.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 16

Anyone who thinks Team Liquid will place top 4 or even top 6 is sadly mistaken. Bunch of scrandys.

Aries is good though

tumblr_m61uyec7p31rqfhi2o1_500.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

Plenty of pros have said that TL will be a top 4/6 team. But I'm sure you know better!

Plenty of pros have said that TL will be a top 4/6 team. But I'm sure you know better!

I think they'll be 6th or 7th place unless some of the teams that aren't practicing don't start practicing hard before the event. Even then, I don't see Liquid breaking top 4 at a LAN.

But if they exceed expectations, it is because they deserve it and earned it through hard work. Doesn't seem like any team is putting in more time than that group right now.

• Upvote (+1) 3