CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I know it's easy to make fun of the issues with MCC, but it's gotten really sad at this point. Hope Halo 5 can bounce the series back.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I know it's easy to make fun of the issues with MCC, but it's gotten really sad at this point. Hope Halo 5 can bounce the series back.

I will honestly be shocked if it does.

Seems like all the pro teams did, with the exception of Winterfox. 

Or most players have other things to do than play in an IG tourney in the middle day on a thursday. 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I will honestly be shocked if it does.

M$ is hyping h5 HARD

plus you know they are gonna have a crazy tournament of some sort

I'm just hoping h5 can get us to a place where we could blow up with h6 (basically what everyone thought would happen with mcc and h5)

Or most players have other things to do than play in an IG tourney in the middle day on a thursday. 

EG getting lazy  :lxthul:

I feel like I don't have to anymore. It just....does it on its own.

The part of me that's dead inside about Halo kind of wishes that MCC would disappear for another year until it actually works so I don't have to be sad about it all the time. 

I agree with your ideas almost completely. I am, however, not sold (bad pun) on the public company thing. Being public does allow for some next-level business accountability. BUT, you can absolutely have a prosperous AND responsible business without being a publicly traded company. The fact is, none of the smaller orgs are nowhere near being able to have a successful IPO anyway--

Nor do they need to be in order to get the job done. I think we'd both agree that these types of orgs need a higher level of professionalism with player management, community engagement (you know who you are managers with atrocious grammar/spelling ;) ), and more. But going public isn't a reasonable or totally necessary way to fix these problems.

But hey, if you want to be an angel investor to Noble ESports for some level of influence, have at it. :P No hard feelings, just my 2 cents.

I'm not saying that these smaller orgs should become public organizations, but that it's a lie to call yourself a "CEO" when you're not in fact a CEO, as the position of CEO is only for publicly traded company, and that it's unprofessional to incorrectly label yourself as such.

And if players/orgs want to handle these matters privately without discussing any contract details behind closed doors, as just about all eSports business has operated up to this point, that's totally fine and that can be done in a very professional manner. But using when players use dramatic language like "hostage", etc., then that seems silly without more information to back up such figurative use of words.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Like I've said, I'm starting to think MCC is meant to serve as the infrastructure beta for Halo 5, to hammer out a lot of these issues ahead of time.  The more that gets fucked up now, the more is already fixed later.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I feel like I don't have to anymore. It just....does it on its own.

The part of me that's dead inside about Halo kind of wishes that MCC would disappear for another year until it actually works so I don't have to be sad about it all the time.

Yea, it sucks. I don't hop on MCC that much anymore because it just puts me in a bad mood and leaves me sad of what could have been.

Like I've said, I'm starting to think MCC is meant to serve as the infrastructure beta for Halo 5, to hammer out a lot of these issues ahead of time. The more that gets fucked up now, the more is already fixed later.

I'm not a game dev, but I don't think making your biggest IP a testbed is a good idea.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not saying that these smaller orgs should become public organizations, but that it's a lie to call yourself a "CEO" when you're not in fact a CEO, as the position of CEO is only for publicly traded company, and that it's unprofessional to incorrectly label yourself as such.

And if players/orgs want to handle these matters privately without discussing any contract details behind closed doors, as just about all eSports business has operated up to this point, that's totally fine and that can be done in a very professional manner. But using when players use dramatic language like "hostage", etc., then that seems silly without more information to back up such figurative use of words.

Agreed. One thing that I would like to see is more organizations publicly releasing their contracts. Not necessarily with all the fine details but, a portion of it to show that eSports is becoming a business and that the head's of the organizations really mean business. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

MCC over-promised and under-delivered.

Bringing together Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4 all under the same game on a new system: It was a daunting task and 343 should have taken their time and make the game playable before releasing it. 

From what I have seen of the recent matchmaking (and experienced) the HCS playlist ranking is solid. I have seen pros on the streams getting better matches and having to work harder to win once they hit the 30 level mark. Its also takes a good amount to rank up.  However the wait times are horrendous to find a game (could be due to low population). Forming a party is painstaking process.

I have no doubt in my mind that if Halo MCC had a flawless launch with in-game ranks at launch the game would be on the top of Xbox Live activity.

Halo MCC was a golden chance to bring back Halo to its glory days and 343 missed it.

I'm not a game dev, but I don't think making your biggest IP a testbed is a good idea.

It's 343's only IP though.  And considering MCC's RoI, even with the negative press I think it comes out as a net gain for the company and better preparation for H5, which is where they're been putting substantially more resources.

It's sort of like a...rip-off-your-tentacle-to-grow-back-a-stronger-one sort of deal.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's 343's only IP though. And considering MCC's RoI, even with the negative press I think it comes out as a net gain for the company and better preparation for H5, which is where they're been putting substantially more resources.

It's sort of like a...rip-off-your-tentacle-to-grow-back-a-stronger-one sort of deal.

Absolutely destroying your reputation but making a few sales isn't what I would consider a gain for any company. Will hurt them in the long run.

MCC isn't a test for anything, they just didn't account for a lot of things and the game got messed up. Plain and simple.

• Upvote (+1) 5

It's 343's only IP though.  And considering MCC's RoI, even with the negative press I think it comes out as a net gain for the company and better preparation for H5, which is where they're been putting substantially more resources.

For the Halo 5 Beta, sure. Destroying your rep with MCC even more is pretty absurd.

I've been reading quite a few posts telling these Pros to "read their contracts" or "go to school."  I feel I have to defend them on this one because if these contracts are anything like the ones I've seen around a Law Office, they are super complicated documents written by lawyers and reading them is like you are reading an entirely different language.  Unless they are simple one page documents, but if they are written by lawyers then I suspect they are much more complicated. 

From what I have seen lawyers usually charge somewhere around $200 to read over a contract and let you know what it means.  It makes sense that these pros would not want to pay that money just to read a contract.  Props to those of you offering to help read contracts on here.  I just hope you have significant experience or have been to law school.  If current pros could enlighten us to what these contracts look like and how long they are (1 page?, 5 pages?), that would be nice.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Absolutely destroying your reputation but making a few sales isn't what I would consider a gain for any company. Will hurt them in the long run.

MCC isn't a test for anything, they just didn't account for a lot of things and the game got messed up. Plain and simple.

Agreed. Of course 343 intends to use information gleaned from this disaster to get better. But to say it was put out into the wild despite glaring flaws for the sake of infrastructure beta testing is a bit much. Like tinfoil hat much. MCC was a cash grab-- and the devs/msoft thought releasing the game in a broken state would net them more cash.

For the Halo 5 Beta, sure. Destroying your rep with MCC even more is pretty absurd.

The way I see it is this...

If we operate under the assumption the studio isn't incompetent... and willingly released a game that for all intents and purposes was not ready for public consumption...there has to be a reason.

If that reason is "We're just greedy fucks haha let's go buy some hookers and blow" so be it -- but I think it's more logical to think the reason may be that the game has an alternate purpose.  And that purpose is to prepare the net code, online features, playlist handling, and such for the XBox One to pave the way for Microsoft/343's actual XBox One flagship title, Halo 5.

We've seen the alternate happen, where there were no practical methods of stress testing a game before its release.  Look at Diablo 3 on Launch day, or the EA Sim City.  Both of those were disasters.  Diablo 3 recovered because well, Blizzard (although the game didn't truly recover until they cut the Auction House and released an expansion).  Sim City must not have recovered, as EA has now closed its Maxis offices.

It's a gamble to release a game as broken as MCC is, but if that purpose is so they don't have the same problem with Halo 5, I think it's the right choice.

Again, this is just speculation, and I know faith isn't exactly strong in 343 with the state of Halo 4 and MCC...but I'm cautiously optimistic about the actual reason behind it all.

#Drama in Naded stream.

Naded called out Randa for a bad play, then Contra criticized him for that in chat. It escalated pretty quickly till Contra was banned. 

#Drama in Naded stream.

Naded called out Randa for a bad play, then Contra criticized him for that in chat. It escalated pretty quickly till Contra was banned. 

thx for the update

so since every one got released from their orgs, when are Ninja, Spartan, Shooter, and Aries going to announce they are squad?