CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'd also like to offer my services in regards to contracts. I'm a business agent with a labour Union and negotiating contracts is 90% of my job. The other 10% is essentially mediating grievances. I'd be happy to give a second opinion or clarify language if anyone needs any help. I Would also be happy to offer my mediation services for situations such as what is going on right now.

I love unions! Union Yes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not that smart. :milk:

----

NobleTexas on point. Kinda silly for Ninja to reply without being the behind the scenes of a potential organization. He is just a player, not an investor.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

NobleTexas on point. Kinda silly for Ninja to reply without being the behind the scenes of a potential organization. He is just a player, not an investor.

Also those teams have stayed relatively the same, only changing 1 player once so far, unlike Noble who has had their team disband twice already.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Idk, but it seems like any of these sketchy team situations goes down, Noble is involved. Maybe its just bad luck or coincidence, but it could also be badly run. I don't think any of us will ever know what really went on.

Organizations coming to Halo is good, but we want/need good Orgs., not Shady organizations that try to save face when the truth comes public.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I didn't even know you're still playing Halo

im not
  • Upvote (+1) 3

So far, there have been 3 situations where Noble made a bad impression on me. 

1) That whole CoD debacle where they dumped their players for "better" ones. 

They didn't dump their players, they told their players that they would be buying a 2nd team and their players immediately responded by saying that they did not want to be a "B team" and decided to leave the organisation.

I know everyone is probably wondering this buuuut..... When is Bungie making Halo Reach 2?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I know everyone is probably wondering this buuuut..... When is Bungie making Halo Reach 2?

Halo Reach 2? What happens then? With no hostile Covenant forces in the area, we find ourselves hunting moas?

EDIT: I got real confused about which thread this even was in for a sec, man you tricked me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Episode 3 of the pit will be tomorrow with myself, spartan mikwen and buckness. Simms has other obligations so sadly he won't be here this week, but we will still be streaming from his twitch channel at 3PM Eastern. Hope to see you all then :)

• Upvote (+1) 5

On the one hand, it seems really unprofessional when players use dramatic language to describe their contract problems without publicly revealing any of the nature of their contracts and what the problem is. If the org is being unfair, you should be able to state why their abusing power that doesn't exist in the contract you signed. Without doing so, it just sounds like you did sign a contract saying that you wouldn't play for another org and you just want to get out of an obligation that you agreed to but didn't think you'd have to carry out. If you want me to think that an organization is scummy, you got to tell me why I shouldn't value their brand.

On the other hand, it's hard to take these organizations seriously when you get guys calling themselves "CEO" talking about how players are legally obligated to do things. If we wanna get into legal structuring, then I want to see where I can buy stock in your organization, as a CEO is a head director elected by a board of directors, a board that was chosen by company shareholders. If you're the CEO, I want to know what board elected you, what shareholders established that board, and where I can buy stock to become a shareholder who gets a say in those decisions too. Otherwise, your an org that uses the language of a public company that in fact is just a private club of people that put on ties and like to use business jargon that they don't even understand and you can't be taken seriously when trying to enforce contracts.

But without any information from either side, we just have someone yelling "HOSTAGE" on Twitter and some other guy using Twitlonger to make "official" statements regarding roster transactions. Twitter and social media aren't professional platforms and Twitter is not conductive to explaining what issues are going on. This whole ordeal just makes the Halo scene seem childish and incapable of functioning without an actual professional organization, like MLG or EG, handling things for us.

This probably won't end up that big a deal in the long run (I'm by no means saying that what's gone on is a scene-destroying issue or anything along that magnitude), but it is disappointing to see that, for whatever reason and for whoever's fault, the smaller orgs are having troubling fitting into the competitive Halo scene in as easy a manner as they do with other games.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

snip

On the other hand, it's hard to take these organizations seriously when you get guys calling themselves "CEO" talking about how players are legally obligated to do things. If we wanna get into legal structuring, then I want to see where I can buy stock in your organization, as a CEO is a head director elected by a board of directors, a board that was chosen by company shareholders. If you're the CEO, I want to know what board elected you, what shareholders established that board, and where I can buy stock to become a shareholder who gets a say in those decisions too. Otherwise, your an org that uses the language of a public company that in fact is just a private club of people that put on ties and like to use business jargon that they don't even understand and you can't be taken seriously when trying to enforce contracts.

But without any information from either side, we just have someone yelling "HOSTAGE" on Twitter and some other guy using Twitlonger to make "official" statements regarding roster transactions. Twitter and social media aren't professional platforms and Twitter is not conductive to explaining what issues are going on. This whole ordeal just makes the Halo scene seem childish and incapable of functioning without an actual professional organization, like MLG or EG, handling things for us.

snap

I agree with your ideas almost completely. I am, however, not sold (bad pun) on the public company thing. Being public does allow for some next-level business accountability. BUT, you can absolutely have a prosperous AND responsible business without being a publicly traded company. The fact is, none of the smaller orgs are nowhere near being able to have a successful IPO anyway--

Nor do they need to be in order to get the job done. I think we'd both agree that these types of orgs need a higher level of professionalism with player management, community engagement (you know who you are managers with atrocious grammar/spelling ;) ), and more. But going public isn't a reasonable or totally necessary way to fix these problems.

But hey, if you want to be an angel investor to Noble ESports for some level of influence, have at it. :p No hard feelings, just my 2 cents.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It seems to me that the professionals need to to be a little more responsible when it comes to contracts, especially when there is a history of shadiness involved in the organizations past. If an organization comes toward a player offering any financial incentives, you'd think the player would do due diligence and fully inform themselves about the company they are signing on to represent and the details of the contract, no matter how minute. Regardless of how big or small an organization is, you still need to respect to contract they have put forward, the terms that you literally signed on for. 

I don't know the full story, but from the looks of it, I think Ninja should be going to sleep very happy knowing he dodged a bullet from actually having to serve the remainder of his contract. Again, I don't know all the details, but just describing my thoughts on how thought everything went down. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks for this, I forgot all about it.

Seems like all the pro teams did, with the exception of Winterfox. 

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/season-2-online-cup-update

Since our 4.21 update, we’ve discovered a bug that is limited to joining parties with players that have a large number of people on their Xbox Live Friends List. Over the past week, we’ve partnered with the Xbox Live team to identify and create a hotfix for this issue. We are currently planning to release the hotfix next week after further testing. All other aspects of online gameplay, including matchmaking, are unaffected.

Due to release timing of the hotfix, we are rescheduling this weekend’s HCS cup for June 6. As we are aiming to have this specific issue resolved by next weekend, we are planning on holding the first online cup of Season 2 on May 9 and 10. Additionally, the prize money that was originally going to be awarded with online cup #1 will be spread out amongst the remaining 7 online cups.

We apologize for the delay of the start of Season 2’s online cups, and can’t wait to get things underway. Stay tuned to HaloWaypoint.com/HCS and @Halo for the latest updates.

Che Chou

Franchise Media Director

343 Industries

• Upvote (+1) 3

hooray, more no halo time

Also, no one forgot about it. We put the tourney in the skype scrim group but no one cares about $25 each for the amount of delays this tourney has.

The sudds first series ended at 9:15 and the brackets were up at 7

hooray, more no halo time

don't act like you pro Halo players don't love the extra CS time :P