CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Was supposed to be Spartan, Ninja, Aries, Shooter. 

Organizations are charging money to get out of their contracts (Elevate/Noble)

Noble also? Seems like it's only Elevate who are doing it to prevent that team from happening.

Edit: Only listening to STD's side of the story.

Edit 2: nvm, it's both orgs being shit.

Ninja's contract isn't up til July. Spartan & Shooters buyout is 5k. And Noble still owes Ninja $600

Do these guys not read their contracts prior to signing them?

I feel like this situation has been happening a lot

Apparently not. Not sure people understand the reason contracts exist.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I guess that's the gift and the curse of having Sponsors. They can pay for your trip to go to an event, but you have to play ball. If you don't, doesn't matter and you are locked in playing with dudes you don't want to play with anymore. I'd rather pay outta pocket to go to an event and team with who I want without any restrictions then be locked into this and hating my life. Contracts are scary. #INDIE

• Upvote (+1) 2

I can't imagine an org like Elevate expending the resources to follow up on a halo player breaking a contract. 

Do these guys not read their contracts prior to signing them?

I feel like this situation has been happening a lot

A 20 year old kid gets a call and is told he can either go to school... OR play halo for a living. Is he really going to look over the contract or is he going to say hell yeah I want to play halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

So what org was Ninja and the others trying to be a part of?

Nothing was said about it

What place you guys think a team of Spartan, Aries, Ninja, and Shooter can get? i mean the top 4 is soo good. I dont see that team breaking into the top 4

What place you guys think a team of Spartan, Aries, Ninja, and Shooter can get? i mean the top 4 is so good. I dont see that team breaking into the top 4

At best, 5-6.  Spartan has no objective mind.  Shooter is allergic to doing objective work.  All that team has going for it is slaying ability.  It's like a weaker Cloud 9 roster.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I'm guessing these orgs will cave. If Ninja and Spartan/Shooter are going to refuse to represent them and not pay the buyout, then the orgs get absolutely no benefit and a lot of negative press.

Could Spartan, Aries, Shooter, and Ninja just go ahead and start competing in the online cups without a sponsor and just wait to see what happens with the orgs? That way if they orgs do cave, they won't be left with 0 points.

So what org was Ninja and the others trying to be a part of?

He won't release that information, for obvious reasons.