CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

does team beyond have an hcs team? does anyone represent this community? 

I'm newer here, I ways thought "if not, why not?"

I feel like it's a funding thing. They probably don't have tinge money to support a team or anything like that. I feel like they should allow some players to represent them though just for the fun of it.

Jerseys can't be that expensive can they? I think that would be really cool.

Not at this time.

Not at this time.

is it something you guys would consider in the future?

• Downvote (-1) 1

Not at this time.

Kickstart that shit

Or is it not that simple? Season 3 should have a Beyond team.

Well just know @@CyReN, you have a big enough following within this community it's something a lot of us would do voluntarily. This is our home too. :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

There is no downside to figuring out how much it would cost to field a team and do a kickstarter. If we don't find the money then its all refunded. 

it was a thought I had very early on when coming to this site and AGL's were a thing. I didn't have really any details ironed out other than I thought it would be cool to take the 4 best players here and get them some plane tickets but we all know what happened to AGL. Besides, it wouldn't have been easy and it may be easier to take a pre-set team then the 4 best players here and "sponsor" them into competing with each other.

We've talked about it honestly, at the current time though our resources are going towards improving the site and overall website maintenance (Not to pull the classic dev line, but cool stuff is coming).

Would be cool to have a team, but I'm not seeing anything for HCS Season 2. Doesn't mean it's not possible with Halo 5 :milk: :hcs:

I think this is a really cool idea, but kinda complicates things. Some food for thought: Could it be problematic that Beyond has a vested interest in one team over another? For example, Beyond would want them to perform better for increased prize money and publicity. Though Prize money could easily be a non-issue because it's pretty low currently and the arrangement could be for beyond to not get a cut (which I hear is pretty common in many orgs).

I think that a Beyond team wouldn't damage the integrity of the site, especially if set up in a smart way. It's just something to think about. But I'm sure y'all have already had this convo a thousand times over and I'm preaching to the choir. :)

Sponsoring a team is interesting.  I have looked into it slightly, most of the organizations come from other more successful games (LoL, CoD, etc).  They are able to flex stream numbers and YouTube numbers off of those other titles to land sponsors - they in turn use that sponsor money to pay for things like fully sponsoring a team, salary, whatever, and then they expand into other games.

It really isnt about event wins, (winning is nice) - it is about reach. How many eyeballs will be on our products if we sponsor you? Is it enough to justify a $5,000 check every month? Beyond is bigger than most organizations, most of whom seem to flex Twitter followers, Stream numbers, or Youtube subscribers.  Seems to be working for them, so thats cool to see. 

The hard selling point is honestly just Halo. Mention Halo to any gaming company and its mostly negative. Stream numbers, MCC launch, whatever, its always an uphill battle, and most of the time asking someone to give you money is an uphill battle anyways, now add the low stream numbers and (for the most part) Pro players who couldnt produce a half way decent YouTube video if their life depended on it, you can see why it is a little difficult.  

Granted we really have not tried to garner 3-4 big sponsors for a team, I am sure it wouldn't be hard.  Most people like to look at Twitter / Facebook / YouTube, but the biggest thing here is the site traffic.  So we can't flex "hey your product will be seen by 100,000 people on stream during an event" Because Halo events get like 10,000 viewers, which in today's climate is not anything to write home about unfortunately. 

Basically all we have are site numbers, which are good, so it is probably possible. We are really focused on other projects right now though, so maybe this can be something we work on for Halo 5.

Hopefully with halo 5; this community can bounce back. It really depends on the product though. The amount of people who were coming back to halo just because of MCC was insane. It had the potential to bring halo back to what it was in the early 00's, unfortunately a broken game just couldn't be played. Now if halo five plays as fast and competitive as it looks. It might be the spark to make those big gaming companies look into halo. 

I posted earlier about an email I sent to Liquid about a possible Halo team a few months ago and they for the most part laughed. Halo's current fan base/population is a fraction of what the other major games is. 

I guess you can sum this up with:

TL;DR I hope halo 5 is good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sponsoring a team is interesting.  I have looked into it slightly, most of the organizations come from other more successful games (LoL, CoD, etc).  They are able to flex stream numbers and YouTube numbers off of those other titles to land sponsors - they in turn use that sponsor money to pay for things like fully sponsoring a team, salary, whatever, and then they expand into other games.

It really isnt about event wins, (winning is nice) - it is about reach. How many eyeballs will be on our products if we sponsor you? Is it enough to justify a $5,000 check every month? Beyond is bigger than most organizations, most of whom seem to flex Twitter followers, Stream numbers, or Youtube subscribers.  Seems to be working for them, so thats cool to see. 

The hard selling point is honestly just Halo. Mention Halo to any gaming company and its mostly negative. Stream numbers, MCC launch, whatever, its always an uphill battle, and most of the time asking someone to give you money is an uphill battle anyways, now add the low stream numbers and (for the most part) Pro players who couldnt produce a half way decent YouTube video if their life depended on it, you can see why it is a little difficult.  

Granted we really have not tried to garner 3-4 big sponsors for a team, I am sure it wouldn't be hard.  Most people like to look at Twitter / Facebook / YouTube, but the biggest thing here is the site traffic.  So we can't flex "hey your product will be seen by 100,000 people on stream during an event" Because Halo events get like 10,000 viewers, which in today's climate is not anything to write home about unfortunately. 

Basically all we have are site numbers, which are good, so it is probably possible. We are really focused on other projects right now though, so maybe this can be something we work on for Halo 5.

I'm the son of Paul Bulcke, CEO of Nestle ( :milk: )

If you're ever interested I can speak to him about sponsorships.

Obama-lol.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

:prayers: Crunch bar sponsor.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Would the staff of TeamBeyond.net be comfortable with the forum members here sponsoring a player through a donation drive and having the team named "TeamBeyond.net Forums" or something similar, such that the members of the community here are using the forum names to sponsor a team even though the site staff aren't official involved?

I'm thinking of something along the lines of how /r/Kappa and NeoGaf users sponsor fighting game players without their site's official involvement and wondering if that'd be a possibility if there were a few trusted community members here who could help run an initiative like that (if the community actually had an interest in doing so, or course).

• Upvote (+1) 2

So...has anybody thought about the possibility of ContrA joining Reality Check?

Suddoth 1, Suddoth 2, Septic, ContrA?

The Sudds are always bouncing around 8th or so and play decently for the most part. Obviously they haven't been able to contend with the best teams, but they are always lurking around.

I can see this (potential) team pushing them a little bit further. I think Septic was a huge upgrade from anything they've had recently, and ContrA would only increase their top 8 staying power.

Just a thought....

So...has anybody thought about the possibility of ContrA joining Reality Check?

Suddoth 1, Suddoth 2, Septic, ContrA?

The Sudds are always bouncing around 8th or so and play decently for the most part. Obviously they haven't been able to contend with the best teams, but they are always lurking around.

I can see this (potential) team pushing them a little bit further. I think Septic was a huge upgrade from anything they've had recently, and ContrA would only increase their top 8 staying power.

Just a thought....

I think you missed the part where Contra left RC to play with Optic a while back.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Would the staff of TeamBeyond.net be comfortable with the forum members here sponsoring a player through a donation drive and having the team named "TeamBeyond.net Forums" or something similar, such that the members of the community here are using the forum names to sponsor a team even though the site staff aren't official involved?

I'm thinking of something along the lines of how /r/Kappa and NeoGaf users sponsor fighting game players without their site's official involvement and wondering if that'd be a possibility if there were a few trusted community members here who could help run an initiative like that (if the community actually had an interest in doing so, or course).

I have no issue with the crowdfunding, but the team name should just be "Team Beyond."

• Upvote (+1) 1