CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I am the definition of a stat whore and I regularly masturbate to Halotracker. But I have strongly mixed feelings about those stats on IG leaderboards. I love the dedication from IG to arrange all the stats but when aPG, Chig, Mikwen, Heinz have the ranks of 13, 19, 29 and 37, something is not correct. Halo is team oriented and the only thing that matters are the placings. And I hate the fact that Heinz from an "individual player performance" always seems to be "pretty bad" when the exact opposite is true, quoting GoldenboyFTW:

"Throughout the entirety of the #HCS Richie Heinz has not placed outside of the top 2."

He has a better average HCS LAN placing than lxthul.  :lxthul:

Stats for stats:

Snip3down & Roybox: 1.6
Heinz: 1.8
Lxthul: 2.2
2gre, snakebite & Royal 2: 2.4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Congrats on EG for winning, Denial for really impressing everyone and giving them an amazing finals. C9 showed up and made a lot of great changes and Winterfox for placing top4. wish we didnt have to play them both so early and played another team for top8. Had fun tho

I would like to see some testing on sanctuary maybe for Koth or something, I feel with that gametype, it will allow teams to setup and control one side of a map to get ready for new hills kind of like Pit KOTH back in H3. Also maybe a forge edit for blue team on lockdown because you spawn with no weapons where red team can shoot down snipe and gets sword and library control, also I think oddball should go up to 250 score not 200.

What do you guys think?

Lockdown seems like a fairly simple fix to me. Just remove the barrels! It'd make for a pretty interesting standoff in the beginning Id think.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Lockdown seems like a fairly simple fix to me. Just remove the barrels! It'd make for a pretty interesting standoff in the beginning Id think.

When is Lockdown not a standoff....ever?!

I suggested before to add a camo bottom green to help counter standoffs, similar to Construct TS, but it doesn't seem like anyone is interested 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I won't really ever compare us to FB, but I disagree with you when you say there was more competition back then. The game has evolved, and players and what it means to be a team are better than they were back then. Back then, there weren't even mics on headphones, communication is 10x what it was

I was going to say the same thing ... especially FB in H1, so few people were playing the game seriously in 2003, it's like Incontrol winning WCG 2007 for Brood War. Halo competition didn't get completely insane until the second year of H2, imo

Thanks for this  :lxthul: 

It really feels good to read stuff like this, which I've obviously gotten more and more of since my time with EG started. This opportunity is something that I just didn't even think was something that would happen to me but I'm just glad that I haven't screwed it up yet. I feel like I get either a lot of hate or love, with minimal inbetween opinions. I've had to change a little bit obviously but I'm proud to have stayed kind of the same, just a little bit smarter I guess. Hope I can continue this ride for a while : - ) 

Also, that Denial series was one of the best I've been in. I feel like I've been in a lot of good series over these past 4 or so years that I have been pro, and every time I play in them I can't really tell how good they are until I get home from the event and have the chance to watch the rebroadcast. Personally, out of all the teams Denial is 100% my favorite to play against, I could tell this just from playing them online. The entire group of guys on that squad is just amazing, it's rare when you can have an in game rivalry like that and still just be amazing friends outside of it. It's something that I'm going to appreciate it while it's here. You know it's something good when you play that team in the winners finals and on saturday night you're out at a pizza place just casually having a couple drinks and joking around. I'm in the middle of watching pretty much all of the Sunday rebroadcast right now and this entire event really was one of the best in recent memory.

Last thing I'll touch on here was the crowd, the IG venue was pretty small but the chairs were filled and that crowd was better than crowds 3 or 4 times it's size. (Even if it felt like we had 3 fans to Denials 500 there  :lxthul: )

Iron Gaming's past 2 events have been absolutely amazing and well run, the issues on Sunday weren't their fault at all, and all but 1 was xbox issues not really MCC. Just the xbox's themselves completely hard freezing. Really unfortunate but I just hope that clears up anyone who thinks it was on their end. 

Lethul out.  :bman:

<3

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ninja has parted ways with Noble eSports. He will continue to be a streamer for them for the time being.

• Upvote (+1) 5

To add to the above post.

Following IG, @NobleProGaming and @NinjaHCS have decided it would be in both parties best interests to part ways from the current roster. We thank Ninja for his time here and wish him the best of luck!

"Ninja is a strong player and extremely passionate about the scene, so to see him go is awful, but we will hopefully have the opportunity to work together in the future" said @JeremyMcLambzy, Noble COO

Will be looking forward to the upcoming season and the events ahead, Ninja will still be a streamer for Noble until other opportunities present themselves. You can find him here (removed link) and here https://www.youtube.com/user/NinjasHyper .

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sls6f9

• Upvote (+1) 4

That's disappointing tbh, they weren't even together for that long to even give it a real chance. They just needed to practice more.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did not see that coming...at all. 

But Ninja + Spartan..? I would be cool with that. 

I thought they were beginning to mesh pretty well. It at least seems like all the other top squads are happy with their team choices, I wonder where he will go. Maybe CLG after their 5th place finsih?

Interesting to see them part ways. I'm not entirely shocked just because I don't think that team was the right mix of players. Sometimes it just doesn't work the way you think it might.

So who are the possible candidates to fill that spot?

-Str8 Sick

-Spartan the Dog

-Someone from Velocity

-Goofy

-Legit

2. I hope that that was the last event in Atlanta ever. I can go into detail another time, but there are so many reasons why Atlanta isn't a good choice. 

What didn't you like about it? 

Was it ever announced when official roster change periods are this season?

I believe the next one is at the end of the next online cup. At least that's what I recall reading a few pages back.

EDIT for Proof:

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/9179-halo-championship-series-season-2-teams-seeds-and-discussion‏/?p=461445

No team changes can happen actually until after the ESL Cup this Sunday. Trade Period #1 is between Cup #1 and #2

• Upvote (+1) 1

Was it ever announced when official roster change periods are this season?

The first one is between Cup #1 (this coming weekend) and Cup #2 (the weekend after Cup #1)

I believe the next one is at the end of the next online cup. At least that's what I recall reading a few pages back.

So is Noble not going to participate in the Cup this weekend, or just roll with Ninja for the next week?