CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I just assumed Denial was breaking up, since Ryanoob's been joking about it a lot, and he didn't sign a contract. But I hope you stick together @@Chig   :)

Contra is definitely on his way out of Optic. Whether it be him just leaving or getting dropped. He doesn't deserve to be dropped but with OpTic placing 8th they'll probably want to switch something up. I honestly would like Contra and Ryanoob to team, think they would do good together.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Also think eLevate will blow up. Spartan could really make a name for himself on a better squad - have seen him playing with T2 & Ninja recently.

Yeah, idk if Spartan deserves it, but I could definitely see him being the "breakout" player of H2A in terms of people who weren't around at all before.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Everyone talking about if Ola joins CLG. It'd be pretty funny considering CLG is the reason he broke his pinky.

What was the full story here? Never actually heard it.

Hysteria would be better off joining another team, even if Ninja's dropped. FiS is washed, and VicX isn't too far behind. 

Hysteria, Contra, Ryanoob, & Goofy would be interesting. 

Wonder if Heinz will get dropped; he didn't have a great weekend in the slaying department, but they did place #2. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Cloud9 - T2, Naded, Ninja, Spartan 

don't believe me just watch

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What was the full story here? Never actually heard it.

He just punched the floor out of frustration and broke his hand. I believe that's the right story.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He just punched the floor out of frustration and broke his hand. I believe that's the right story.

Ground pound?  :kappa:

I think it was the table actually. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

What happened to Tiz and Destin?

They were going to team with Ryanoob & Goofy, but Goofy couldn't make the first LAN event, so Ryanoob joined Denial.

They were going to team with Ryanoob & Goofy, but Goofy couldn't make the first LAN event, so Ryanoob joined Denial.

So the other three just drop off the map because they don't have ryanoob? lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ground pound?  :kappa:

I think it was the table actually. 

Seems more logical than punching the ground.

Alright, my mandatory Str8 Rippin wish-list for the next season, both entirely unreasonable and totally in wonderland. There'll be some more possible scenarios, and I'll list those too:

Tsquared, Legit, Naded, Ninja: Depending on how tied to the C9 sponsor Ninja is, this could be one of the most likely line-ups. Str8 needs slaying power to climb into the 3-6 range permanently, and Ninja has what it takes to provide that for them. What he really would bring to the team would be intangible though: the most dedicated player in the game, and an extremely aggressive playstyle. His dedication alone would probably cause the other members of Str8 Rippin to play more, which is needed.

Tsquared, Legit, Naded, Hysteria: Hysteria is a hot hand, and one of the few potential "pure" slayers not on a Top 3 team. He's the sniping monster and general slaying force Str8 needs to propel themselves forward. Also, scenario is not entirely unreasonable, but a bit more on the dreamland side.

Tsquared, Legit, Naded, Contra: Contra may be the young talent, ala Neighbor, that Tsquared needs to find to crack into the 3-6 range again. I think there's a pretty decent chance that Contra gets dropped from Optic at this point.

Tsquared, Legit, Naded, Chig / Mikwen: Chig and Mikwen are both pure slayers, but because of the uncertain status of Denial, the likely hood of this happening is unknown, and other, potentially better options might be available to Mikwen and Chig are unknown. Dreamland side for sure.

I've been hearing a lot about Spartan, and I know that Gabriel is a mean sniper. Other potential lineups I could think of where T2, Legit, Spartan, Gabriel and T2, Legit, Naded, Gabriel / Spartan. I do not know much about Spartan: what's he best known for? His strengths and his weaknesses? These scenarios would be highly likely, but would they be a good fit? I don't know much about them.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can Ninja and Heinz even get dropped? Captains and all that.

I guess not, but they could leave the org as a 3 if they really wanted to, depends if they think a better opportunity could arise or not. 

Let's face it, CLG placing 2nd was hardly a disappointment, and I'd dare say Cloud 9 coming 4th was an achievement, so I don't think there would be much incentive to drop players right now anyway. 

Ahhh the speculation from all sides is great to read.

Pistola, if it is announced that he's returning, will shake up more than 1 team.

I guess not, but they could leave the org as a 3 if they really wanted to, depends if they think a better opportunity could arise or not. 

Let's face it, CLG placing 2nd was hardly a disappointment, and I'd dare say Cloud 9 coming 4th was an achievement, so I don't think there would be much incentive to drop players right now anyway. 

Yeah see that's the thing. If it was just, drop Heinz and stay as CLG, I think 2gre/SB/R2 might do it, but if it's "drop Heinz and lose CLG" I don't think there's a chance in hell they do.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll have a little crack at roster changes predictions:

EG - They will stay together. The are on another level and would be bat shit crazy to make a change.

CLG - I think they will stay together aswel. Consistent 2nd place finishes. Everyone is talking about Ola. He wants to be on a good team if he's to play at all and thats why I think CLG could be the place for him. But 2gre has been running with Royal 2 and Snakebite for awhile now so they are nearly TO3 and I would not drop Heinz cause he's a beast especially considering Ola has played very little H2A. Can your turn away Ola, second only to 2gre as the GOAT

Denial - Will you have the rumours of Ryanoob leaving. Thats the only change I could see happening. Chig, Cloud and mikwen seem like grinders who will get through this rough patch. Heinz and his objective brain is what Denial would need if Ryanoob left. Not sure how many of the F/A are of similar qualities. 

C9 - Even though they have being placing well, they dont have another to get that first place finish. Im not sure how Ninja being team captain affects him staying or leaving. I imagine Cloud9 liked the fact they had the biggest Halo personality on there team so for that reason I think he could be looking for 3 players soon. FiS and VictoryX seem to be a TO2 so im not sure where they would go together. Ninja ran alot with Goofy in Halo4 so maybe if he's serious about coming back thats an option. Also I blieve Ryanoob was part of that same team?

NB - I cant see reason for them making any changes after a solid 3rd place finish, so close to it being 2nd aswel. Aries made some questionable plays and how dropped a huge neg bomb. He's the most likely to be dropped but I doubt it will happen.

Optic - I think Flame, Ace and Assault are TO3 which leaves Contra in the dark. With so many team changes about to happen and some good F/A then its likely he gets dropped for someone more experienced/fits them better. But Contra is a beast and he will get on a good team. There was that Assault tweet to Hysteria, and he would be a great pick up for Optic and someone that could make them really challenge for honours.

Str8 - Str8 didnt play well for a few matches but then got into a little grove, T2 started to play well, Naded was his usual reliable self and Legit was playing alot better then he has all year but still not the Legit we know. I see these 3 vets sticking together and hopefully grinding more now we have a better payout. T2s picks always surprise me so im struggling to see who they would pick up but my guess would be Contra.

Elevate - I see them making some changes to. With players like Randa and Prototype around they should try and pick up one of them beasts. Shooter and Munoz didnt impress me awhole pile.

We also should not forget Legendary and Velocity who all will cause some upsets season 2.

EG- Snip3down, Roy, Lunchbox, Lxthul

CLG- 2gre, Royal 2, Snakebite, Heinz

NB - Maniac, Arkanum, APG, Aries

Denial - Mikwen, Chig, Cloud

Optic - Flamesword, Ace, Assault, Hysteria

Elevate - Spartan, Gabriel

Str8 - T2, Legit, Naded Contra

C9- Ninja Goofy Ryanoob

F/A

Fis + VictoryX, Ola Randa Prototype

• Upvote (+1) 2

Honestly, I think a Str8 Rippin/Cloud 9 team of Tsquared, Naded, Ninja and Spartan could have a lot of potential. Ninja and Spartan have pretty good chemistry and seem to get along and have fun. That would help keep Naded's energy and enthusiasm up. Plus, I think Ninja will thrive on a more positive team. Hysteria is an amazing player, but his way of delivering criticism doesn't mesh well with Ninja's more upbeat attitude.

Ola, second only to 2gre as the GOAT ?

With Roybox having event wins in H3, Reach and H2A, and Ola having wins in H3, Reach and 4, I don't think Ola in 2nd is a given anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dropping Heinz would be a bad move. Having Pistola instead of him is not going to help CLG because Pistola has only played one or two times since his "accident". Heinz didn't have a great finals but he has been solid for the rest of the season. Just my 2 cents though

• Upvote (+1) 1

With Roybox having event wins in H3, Reach and H2A, and Ola having wins in H3, Reach and 4, I don't think Ola in 2nd is a given anymore.

Didn't Ola win FFA in H2 also? But to me RoyBox are only just behind Ogre2. They've never been on a team that wasn't challenging for 1st (except maybe 5k in H2) where even Ogre2 had some lows in H3 (2009 Final Boss)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Didn't Ola win FFA in H2 also? But to me RoyBox are only just behind Ogre2. They've never been on a team that wasn't challenging for 1st (except maybe 5k in H2) where even Ogre2 had some lows in H3 (2009 Final Boss)

I'd say RoyBox's Halo 2 placings are a bigger achievement than winning a couple of FFAs.

• Upvote (+1) 1