CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

What the fuck does that have to do with anything at all?

Who cares what his views are on Halo when his job is to run Halo tournaments and handle the technical aspects. He does a great job.

Get out of here with that bullshit. Holy christ that infuriates me. 

Why so salty? I'm not taking anything away from the great job he does as a video producer for Halo, just putting it out there because it's somewhat relevant and reminding you he still works for 343 :)

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Why so salty? I'm not taking anything away from the great job he does as a video producer for Halo, just putting it out there because it's somewhat relevant and reminding you he still works for 343 :)

Okay? I don't blindly hate people for opinions, I'm not 3 years old. 

Guy does a good job. Period. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't man, if I fart in the wrong direction you seem to always reply to me about it.

-----

In relevant #content news

• Upvote (+1) 1

You make a lot of assumptions. I don't hate him for his opinion even though it's unpopular (or not because 11% lol), just putting things into perspective and you go and get your panties in a twist.

That doesn't depreciate the work he's doing

What the fuck does that have to do with anything at all?

Who cares what his views are on Halo when his job is to run Halo tournaments and handle the technical aspects. He does a great job.

Get out of here with that bullshit. Holy christ that infuriates me. 

Also, thanks to a @@chaosTheory knowledge bomb, I think that he had a change of heart.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't man, if I fart in the wrong direction you seem to always reply to me about it.

-----

In relevant #content news

Do you think I hate you or something? I have a lot of respect for you. I get to spend time on the best Halo forum on the interwebz because of you and others, and I do apologize if I come off as giving you shit. I just feel you are our (the users on the site) best chance to relay our thoughts to some of these people at 343. They don't know me and I certainly don't have as much influence as you guys do. 

I just feel you guys should always respond to these things more calmly or rationally before say, someone else does (who would tweet angry things at them and make personal attacks, etc).

Maybe I'm just being unfair/hypocritical/irrational. I don't know. 

I'm not even sure this post even makes sense, I lost myself half way through. 

You make a lot of assumptions. I don't hate him for his opinion even though it's unpopular (or not because 11% lol), just putting things into perspective and you go and get your panties in a twist.

Putting what into perspective? Does his opinion on Halo effect his ability to increase the production value of the HCS?

Hmm, no I don't think so.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Putting what into perspective? Does his opinion on Halo effect his ability to increase the production value of the HCS?

Hmm, no I don't think so.

The fact that he works for a company that gladly takes money from consumers by selling them defected products based on false promises and lies.

• Downvote (-1) 7

Do you think I hate you or something? I have a lot of respect for you. I get to spend time on the best Halo forum on the interwebz because of you and others, and I do apologize if I come off as giving you shit. I just feel you are our (the users on the site) best chance to relay our thoughts to some of these people at 343. They don't know me and I certainly don't have as much influence as you guys do. 

I just feel you guys should always respond to these things more calmly or rationally before say, someone else does (who would tweet angry things at them and make personal attacks, etc).

Maybe I'm just being unfair/hypocritical/irrational. I don't know. 

I'm not even sure this post even makes sense, I lost myself half way through.

I'm just pulling your legs, but yea I get it. It just sucks that we still have to fight tooth and nail for stuff in the competitive space still. MLG laid out the blueprint for nearly 10 years, I just don't get how this stuff continues to happen. Maybe it's my arrogance for being around the scene for so long and understand what works and what doesn't. Stuff just eats at you after awhile.

Steve-Buscemi-Sobbing-and-Drinking-React

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm just pulling your legs, but yea I get it. It just sucks that we still have to fight tooth and nail for stuff in the competitive space. MLG laid out the blueprint for nearly 10 years, I just don't get how this stuff continues to happen. Maybe it's my arrogance for being around the scene for so long and understand what works and what doesn't. Stuff just eats at you after awhile.

I completely understand and 100% agree.

It SHOULDN'T happen in the first place (adding gametypes a week before tourneys), but I'm just going to hope this is a learning experience for the HCS team and  :prayers:  that this never happens again. They have a lot to learn though, not gonna lie. 

edit: Also, while I have your attention: Was the pre-launch for MCC stream (on Team Beyond's Twitch channel) saved anywhere? I keep trying to look for it but haven't found it yet. Still trying to re-watch it solely for the controller throw by @Saucey 

Also, thanks to a @@chaosTheory knowledge bomb, I think that he had a change of heart.

Every single time I read a post from chaosTheory I'm astounded by how his posts mirror the exact thoughts I've been sharing in any community I've been a part of.  I wonder if he has a reputation of being an elitist, much like many other CE fans unfortunately lol.  Can't blame people though, many of us are grizzled fans who think we know what's best for this franchise and are disappointed when we see crazy shit like the community asking for a BR nerf after it became the utility weapon again in Halo 3 or seeing new Halo releases make the same mistakes as previous games..

Save the CE fans, save the Halo franchise.  Sucks that people are arguing over Ricochet when the issues are with the core of H2A's gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just new a new game play of us playing Uplink on Detroit, we played these with our exo suits disabled and IMRs only because we were testing things out the new settings for CoD champs next weekend. 

Dude the pass to Mikwin at 1:34.

It's too bad that Quinn and Kevin Franklin won't read cT's post and take it seriously.

He put Halo's biggest problem so eloquently.

• Upvote (+1) 2

- We need maps not gametypes

Posted that three times just in-case it isn't super clear. 

- Ricochet wont work on the current maps provided (ex: warlord).

- Halo 2 Anniversary is a slow game, Ricochet is fast paced, you cant force it. (The gametype shouldnt even be on H2A in the first place.) 

I really do  not want to come off as rude but this is seriously some amateur hour type of stuff here. I feel like ZERO logical thought is going behind these decisions.  It makes the HCS look like a joke when you drop new maps and gametypes on players a little over a week before a $25,000 dollar event, for no particular reason, and no justification at all besides "prove to us why it wont work".  No man, we dont have time for this nonsense.

- Will Ricochet improve viewership? - Absolutely not.

- Do the majority of Pro Players want to play Ricochet  for money - Absolutely not. 

Does the majority of the community want to watch pro players play Ricochet for money? - Absolutely not. 

"Halo 2 Anniversary is a slow game, Ricochet is fast paced, you cant force it."

that has to be the lamest argument of all time. 

referring to your 3 bolded points:

1) you dont know that, you will need to wait and see. 1 tournament is too small a sample size. 

2) no they do not, but they will. because money.

3) beyond gaming hive mind is not the majority of the halo community. People are going to watch it regardless. 

I still dont see the big deal. Its announced, try it(seriously). If its competitive and fun to watch? awesome. If it doesnt, ok immediately take it out. However, even if this does "work out" NOBODY on here is going to say, "you know what i did enjoy watching it" because everyone is set on it being cancer. I agree with what @@GoldenboyFTW said and i think people need to just have an open mind. What is the worst thing that can happen?? Halo isnt going to die off, pros will still attend future events and the majority of people on here are still going to watch it.

Is it short notice? sure, they should have announced it earlier. Its not the end of the world. Its not the end of halo. I feel like an old man telling people to calm down but seriously....calm down.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Well technically UT had it first but we all know why they're pushing it.

fix'd.  :)

Wolfenstein 3D also had a sprint function, ID confirmed to have killed Arena FPS.  :kappa:

"Halo 2 Anniversary is a slow game, Ricochet is fast paced, you cant force it."

that has to be the lamest argument of all time. 

referring to your 3 bolded points:

1) you dont know that, you will need to wait and see. 1 tournament is too small a sample size. 

2) no they do not, but they will. because money.

3) beyond gaming hive mind is not the majority of the halo community. People are going to watch it regardless. 

I still dont see the big deal. Its announced, try it(seriously). If its competitive and fun to watch? awesome. If it doesnt, ok immediately take it out. However, even if this does "work out" NOBODY on here is going to say, "you know what i did enjoy watching it" because everyone is set on it being cancer. I agree with what @@GoldenboyFTW said and i think people need to just have an open mind. What is the worst thing that can happen?? Halo isnt going to die off, pros will still attend future events and the majority of people on here are still going to watch it.

Is it short notice? sure, they should have announced it earlier. Its not the end of the world. Its not the end of halo. I feel like an old man telling people to calm down but seriously....calm down.

If the game developers do not listen to professional Halo players, then professional Halo players might not necessarily play the game "because money".

We have two examples Reach, and Halo 4 of professional Halo players not playing a game just "because money".

The money will be lost with viewership. 

Viewership will be lost with professional players not playing.

Professional players will be lost when they have to play a game they no longer enjoy.

A really simple progression of events that has happened not only to the Halo franchise twice before, but many other franchises many other times.

The community and the professional Halo players are simply trying to keep a game that they love and enjoy.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It isn't at all relevant.  Not at all.  Not even a little bit.  No.  Stop.

• Upvote (+1) 2