CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Was he involved with the competitive halo community before, or did he come from another franchise?

Community member on NeoGaf

Epicborough definitely has potential and Shrine would be better than Warlord. 

Warlord is pretty atrocious but Epicborough will be bearable...

Shrine? Ring 3 throws all day...

Shrine ricochet would go like this:

-One teams gets control of ring

-Score

-Score

-Score

-Score

-Score

-zzz

Any map where you can see the goal and easily throw it in from where the ball spawns is a bad map for Ricochet

android was a reach map, idk where people are getting that map from.

Yes, it was the one that looked like a race track.

With Ricochet being in, why not just add Race too at this point?

Alright, alright. Home from work.

1. Ricochet isn't the end of the world (unless played on Warlord)
  2. I heard Epicborough and Eden were the rumored maps that were selected, any truth in this?
  3. Ricochet isn't the BEST competitive gametype in Halo, but the pro's are blowing it out of proportion in my opinion.

Do I want it in? I'd probably vote no, but I think it would be fun to spectate on the right maps

Ever since Ricochet has been introduced to Halo, there has been no "right map". Until there is even a semblance of that happening, the answer will always be no. 

Any map where you can see the goal and easily throw it in from where the ball spawns is a bad map for Ricochet

For example a good ricochet map would be, god forbid I say it, Adrift. The ball spawns top center which has ZERO lines of sight to any base, You make your way to a good position before scoring.

I am by no means saying we should play an adrift remake, I'm just giving an example. 

For example a good ricochet map would be, god forbid I say it, Adrift. The ball spawns top center which has ZERO lines of sight to any base, You make your way to a good position before scoring.

I am by no means saying we should play an adrift remake, I'm just giving an example. 

I'll have it finished for Pre-season cup #2 don't worry #savehalo #rightmap

• Upvote (+1) 1

Heinz on stream has been texting with Tashi.

Apparently Tashi said something along the lines of "prove to us Ricochet doesn't work"

This is just disappointing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Shrine has the same problem as Warlord. You can just walk to their bon and throw it in. 

I don't know where the scoring points are on Epicborough but if they can be seen from where you pick up the ball then GG.

Is that the one that made it? or Android?

If Halo 4 didn't suck so hard I would have stuck it around to play that map, but I'm pretty sure I've never played on it. I'll take your word and I mean I played a decent number of matches but not enough apparently.

Don't know what to tell you man. No idea why the forgers decided to recreate maps when they stated it was against the rules. I don't know why 343 picked a map that apparently broke their own rule. I think it's dumb. Regardless, it's just looking worse and worse with each thing 343 does.

Epicborough Keep is a remake of Epicenter, which was in matchmaking in Halo 4.  It was also used for an Iron Gaming event (may have been an online event?) for Ricochet (it was so bad I couldn't even watch it).  The name Epicborough Keep was meant to fit with the castle theme of the map, while maintaining a similarity to the original name.  I was forced to basically abandon the castle theme because forge map customs are broken and the game wouldn't allow 8 players to load the map, so I had to significantly reduce the number of pieces used.  The name is ridiculously bad, and was never meant to be taken seriously.  It's just a name.  They can rename to Epicrap for all I care.  :)

The map honestly plays worse than it did in Halo 4 imo, and I didn't expect it to be chosen even for the initial testing phase, much less make it to the final phase.  If I was picking maps, I wouldn't have chosen it.  The quality of 4v4 competitive forge maps in H2A is pretty low, for a number of reasons.  There really weren't any great options (inb4 Diesel plugs Tesla again :kappa:  - damnit...too slow).  I suspect Epicborough has made it as far as it has partially due to the reputation it built in Halo 4.  I hope I'm wrong and it ends up playing better than I expect.  As far as the remake rule, I think it was referring to remakes of developer maps, but I could be wrong.  It was a stupid rule anyway, given the fact that the entire game is essentially a remake of a previous game, with all of the maps being remakes.

Anyway, here's a walkthrough of Epicborough Keep:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Epicborough would be unplayable.  The kill zones which are needed to prevent players from escaping the map will automatically cause the ball to reset.  Without a roof over the map, players can literally just throw the ball over the walls (or straight up in the air for that matter) and force the ball to reset repeatedly.

No one will know what this is from, but much respect 

Genuinely don't know where it's from, but I'm going to guess Spartacus the TV show. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

so 343 is about to ruin hcs by chasing cod...once again...

:lol:

if it works in cod it must work in halo...

• Upvote (+1) 2

In other news, it's amazing to see Ryanoob on a team where he's slaying and letting others (Naded) fill main objective role. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It isn't a bad gametype, it's just bad on the maps implemented for it.

It's actually fun imo

Fun like 16 person FFA SWAT Rockets on Chiron-TL34. For competitive & HCS?  :wutface:  :wutface:  :wutface:  :wutface:  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1