CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I don't think CLG should make any changes. The team is obviously good enough to beat EG because they've done it before. They were very close to taking the winner's finals until that colossal failure of Lockout TS. That loss and the 4th overtime Shrine had to take its toll on the players mentally and physically. They need to practice daily and take online more serious than they have recently. It's just hard to blame any team for not practicing a lot when you had to quit your build every few matches before this recent patch. This on top of the tediousness of replaying the same 3 maps is sure to wear most players down. Maybe now that the game is in a more stable condition they can enjoy the grind. All we need are good Forge maps to make the game feel less repetitive. Let me add that I understand a lot of teams had less than ideal practice. I'm not saying they lost because they practiced less. I'm only saying this team will be a scary force when they have a stable game they can enjoy playing.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What was it about the "golden era" that made teams stick together and try improve to win events rather than switching teammates? Did that ever really happen or is it something people just say? srs question.

Nope, I was watching in 1080p on a 70" Ultra HD television and it was incredibly difficult to see the score and time in the most important moments of that epic 9 game series.

I was watching on a 17" laptop and the score/time was quite visible on the two left pov's.

I liked the 4 pov's. Especially when teams were setting up on lockout/sanc.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I was extremely impressed with T2 this event. I wish the guy didn't have so many haters on these forums due to the Prototype thing, he's a Halo pioneer and deserves a lot more respect than he gets. 

Here's to hoping he doesn't retire.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Can there be a F/A list on main post?

Know there's:

Goofy

SK 

Prototype

Randa

Cpt. Anarchy

????

• Upvote (+1) 5

If CLG replaced Heinz with Ola though >>>

Heinz is a great player and it would be weird for Ola to take his spot since they're such good friends, but I think that's the change they need to take down the dominant force that EG has become.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I am by no means taking anything away from CLG, but for everyone saying that they were fatigued are completely wrong. You don't come back down 0-2, win an insane game 5 after 4 replays and say "man, that series took so much out of me, I can't compete to my best abilities for 50k and 2.5x the prize money of 2nd place" We were honestly just playing some of the best team halo this game has ever seen, and they even congratulated us on that last night. Thank you all for the support throughout the weekend and making this event fantastic. I am super excited to see where the future of Halo takes us.

First of all, congratulations on the big W. And I'd agree that you guys played the best H2A that's been played up to this point. But I have heard so many times since back to Halo 1 players talk about how long tough series can take it out of them and it's obvious that they aren't playing as well in the following round. I don't want to take anything away from you guys, but CLG just didn't look the same in the finals.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Anyone in here trying to go to ATL that doesn't currently have a team? I am looking for people to run with.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If CLG replaced Heinz with Ola though >>>

Heinz is a great player and it would be weird for Ola to take his spot since they're such good friends, but I think that's the change they need to take down the dominant force that EG has become.

I think there team is just fine, they did place 2nd now c'mon.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What was it about the "golden era" that made teams stick together and try improve to win events rather than switching teammates? Did that ever really happen or is it something people just say? srs question.

That never happened. The only teams that stuck together were teams that won which is the same thing as now (there were a few outliers but the vast majority of teams were constantly switching rosters).

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I was extremely impressed with T2 this event. I wish the guy didn't have so many haters on these forums due to the Prototype thing, he's a Halo pioneer and deserves a lot more respect than he gets.

I agree, T2 had an excellent tourney. I don't quite understand why he is seen as a terrible player here.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I agree, T2 had an excellent tourney. I don't quite understand why he is seen as a terrible player here.

I don't even like T2 and I'll say he played well this tournament. Watching them this weekend just made me feel that it's a shame they didn't practice a lot all season because I think they could've shaken things up in the 3-6 range.

Just think of the backstory that would be there if CLG picked up Ola. EG loses to CLG with Ola, Ola breaks hand and is replaced. EG then loses once to CLG with Lethul, then wins the following 2 tournaments including finals with 3-0 finals scores. CLG then picks up Ola. It's too awesome to not happen.

• Upvote (+1) 1

First of all, congratulations on the big W. And I'd agree that you guys played the best H2A that's been played up to this point. But I have heard so many times since back to Halo 1 players talk about how long tough series can take it out of them and it's obvious that they aren't playing as well in the following round. I don't want to take anything away from you guys, but CLG just didn't look the same in the finals.

Id have to agree. Adrenaline can only carry you so far.

Im with you bro i dont want t2 out of the game either...This str8 rippin sqaud reminds me of a 70's rocks band...Im def a fanboy. I can see them doing big things if they put in the time and effort.

Anyone in here trying to go to ATL that doesn't currently have a team? I am looking for people to run with.

sup?

• Upvote (+1) 1

CLG doesnt need to make a team change. Top 2 every event doesnt denote a team change, and no one player is going to make them magically better than EG unless they get a player from EG.

• Downvote (-1) 1

CLG doesnt need to make a team change. Top 2 every event doesnt denote a team change, and no one player is going to make them magically better than EG unless they get a player from EG.

I disagree, I think Ola for Heinz is a good team change and will help propel them to a more serious 1st place contender. No offense to Heinz, but he didn't perform when it counted this tourney. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Like pistola?

I really think Str8 Rippin should pick up a big slayer, Ninja and Hysteria are the first two that come to mind. Nothing against Str8 Sick, just don't think he played that well this weekend or meshes well with the team. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know what's gonna go on with our team, but I wouldn't be surprised if we stayed together. We weren't too far (1 second) away from playing yesterday. 

We'll see what happens though.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I don't know what's gonna go on with our team, but I wouldn't be surprised if we stayed together. We weren't too far (1 second) away from playing yesterday.

We'll see what happens though.

Thanks for the transparency!

I don't think anybody knows much of anything at this point.

Just something to add about the 4 PoV discussion. Even if you could see each player fine, and read the score and time etc. it's still the wrong decision. Halo needs to grow and pull in more viewers. Having 4 PoVs going at once is overwhelming for a player that doesn't know Halo that well. It's fine for those of us that can comfortably watch 4 screens (and I personally enjoy it after coaching) but from an average spectator standpoint, it probably isn't appropriate.

• Upvote (+1) 1