CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I was wondering this aswell.

I follow Nadeshot on Twitter and he said he has some anouncements coming. So who knows! Nadeshot probably played the worst for optic at champs though.

I think his announcment was just his rebrand and probably some new apparel

edit: tubmas beat me to it, touché

Tesla is up there because it is basically confirmed to be not awful. Game play will be smooth and competitive. It's a map that everyone can agree to play on. The other maps are up there to test because we don't know if they are awful or not(I don't mean to sound rude, this is just the bluntest way to put it). This is the way I saw it, and basically the reason pros asked for it to be made and helped diesel make it. Now we are focused, for the next week or two, on finding out if the other forge maps are awful in comparison to the control group we have.

The terminology I am using is not directed at the forgers, they are awesome, it's just the easiest way to describe this for me.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Quick impressions of the Forge maps:

• snip

Hmm, usually agree with your posts. I see Athelon as a better and more versatile Pit-like map. Also like Eden & Venom; we need more asymmetric maps and these ones are pretty interesting. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hmm, usually agree with your posts. I see Athelon as a better and more versatile Pit-like map. Also like Eden & Venom; we need more asymmetric maps and these ones are pretty interesting. 

Athelon and Eden are my favorite. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Athelon seems really whacky to me. Eden is a great Asym map (Venom was a bit cluttered) but it would be really tough to keep track of.

I'm judging the maps HEAVILY on how they would be for spectating because this is by far one of our most important variables when considering gametype rotations.

Athelon seems really whacky to me. Eden is a great Asym map (Venom was a bit cluttered) but it would be really tough to keep track of.

I'm judging the maps HEAVILY on how they would be for spectating because this is by far one of our most important variables when considering gametype rotations.

Hence why Eden and Athelon should be tested, ASAP.

Super pleasing to the eyes, they look almost 343-made. 

If Halo 3 shipped with the current-forge we have I have a feeling that the community would never have given maps like Construct and Narrows any chance.  

Tesla is up there because it is basically confirmed to be not awful. Game play will be smooth and competitive. It's a map that everyone can agree to play on. The other maps are up there to test because we don't know if they are awful or not(I don't mean to sound rude, this is just the bluntest way to put it). This is the way I saw it, and basically the reason pros asked for it to be made and helped diesel make it. Now we are focused, for the next week or two, on finding out if the other forge maps are awful in comparison to the control group we have.

The terminology I am using is not directed at the forgers, they are awesome, it's just the easiest way to describe this for me.

Cmon, sometimes you spawn facing the walls... not well made at all. 

Hence why Eden and Athelon should be tested, ASAP.

Super pleasing to the eyes, they look almost 343-made. 

Going to disagree with you. Epicborough is by far the best aesthetic map and Erupt just needs some palette and color tweaking. Athelon is pretty messy with the rocks and bridges up top. Eden looks decent but I feel the other two options are better.

We played Android it can only go up from there 

gg

@@Frankie suggested this I believe. Season 3?  :kappa:

Relic in Halo 5: Guardians?

pls

If Tesla is decided on, can someone please for the love of god, fix the spawns. The spawns are dreadful on that map. Way too many times I would walk into someone on other team who would randomly spawn in front of me.

If Tesla is decided on, can someone please for the love of god, fix the spawns. The spawns are dreadful on that map. Way too many times I would walk into someone on other team who would randomly spawn in front of me.

That's h2a, if you're watching our team play warlock, especially bomb, it happens a shit ton. It's all about predicting it and forcing it to happen etc.

That's h2a, if you're watching our team play warlock, especially bomb, it happens a shit ton. It's all about predicting it and forcing it to happen etc.

I understand seeing someone spawn, but there's no reason a person should spawn on top of you, to the point where the guy backsmacks you instantly off spawn. That's a bit ridiculous imo.

I understand seeing someone spawn, but there's no reason a person should spawn on top of you, to the point where the guy backsmacks you instantly off spawn. That's a bit ridiculous imo.

Check out me sucking at controlling spawns on warlock and letting them back smack me off spawn :(

I've worked on the spawns a lot. If a forger with knowlege on the spawn system wants to help i'm down. I think Athelon and Erupt are awesome btw. I just made tesla because i wanted to make something after talking to pros about what they wanted. It plays Flag and Bomb well. Just isn't as pretty as other maps. Gameplay> Looks anyday.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like defense on Search & Destroy is unbalanced, too many head glitches to abuse with the Bal. They need to fix the spawns on Detroit for HCS season 2.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I feel like defense on Search & Destroy is unbalanced, too many head glitches to abuse with the Bal. They need to fix the spawns on Detroit for HCS season 2.

Quality post man

No personal offense to Diesel. I like the guy, but there are better Midship clones out there. The sad thing is, all the pros are friends with him and are going to support the map regardless. Thats the way it has always has been and it looks like thats the way it will be again.

• Upvote (+1) 4

My Order: 

1. Epicborough
  2. Erupt (w/ better colors & aesthetics)
  3. Tesla (w/ better spawns, fixed frame rate, and better aesthetics)
  4. Eden
  5. Venom
  6. Athelon