CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Good stuff, here's another crazy stat:

• HCS Season 1 Thread Views - 509,211 views (118 Days)
  • HCS Season 2 Thread Views - 492,483 views (16 Days)

----------------------

Meaning to ask everyone, would you prefer to keep everything in this thread (IG/UGC events etc + ESL/HCS stuff) or do you like weekend event threads we've done in the past.

Event threads.

Easy to find info on those events instead of trying to find when an event took place somewhere in 300 pages of a thread.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I can say that fibre basically removes this. One of my friends has Fibre-to-the-premises 100down40up and it's uncomfortable stable. I'm talking his housemate, she spends 99% of her time at home watching dumb shows in 1080p high definition and he plays a buttload of League of Legends, which is notorious for it's dependancy on a stable connection, and he gets perfectly stable ping no matter what is happening. I could be watching YouTube on my phone, she'll be streaming shows and he can play LoL with perfectly stable ping.

Fibre for president.

That should be a given.

Relevant

http://time.com/3106467/google-cable-system-faster-transpacific-nec-telecom-infrastructure/

• Upvote (+1) 1

Clearly Pistola is on C9, officially.

If he wasn't, they'd be ef'd finding a fourth with so little time left until the start of the Season.

GL C9

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can say that fibre basically removes this. One of my friends has Fibre-to-the-premises 100down40up and it's uncomfortable stable. I'm talking his housemate, she spends 99% of her time at home watching dumb shows in 1080p high definition and he plays a buttload of League of Legends, which is notorious for it's dependancy on a stable connection, and he gets perfectly stable ping no matter what is happening. I could be watching YouTube on my phone, she'll be streaming shows and he can play LoL with perfectly stable ping.

Fibre for president.

Riot/League are also going through a three-stage process to improve ping/connection to everyone in the United States.

One thing a lot of gamers fail to realize when it comes to complaining about "connection" is that speed isn't the thing that REALLY matters (except for the upload speed of the host)...it's ping.  And while the GENERAL rule is "the closer you are to the host, the lower your ping will be." it varies depending on the routing from your house, through your ISP's hubs, through the host/server's ISP's hubs, to the host/server.  If I were to play a game with someone else in my city, online, the ping would be twice as high as if I were to play with someone in Atlanta, because all network traffic for my ISP goes through Atlanta.

Riot's first stage is working with every ISP in America to get all of them to use the "bridges" they have created -- pipelines that ensure all network traffic is going through very specific servers with an efficient layout to expedite how quickly the lines make it to the League of Legends servers.  The North Bridge is already completed, ensuring that everyone living in the northern half of America has stable, slightly reduced ping.  The second stage is creating the South bridge, to help those of us poor bastards who live on the east coast in the South who have to play in a constant state of 100 ping.  The final stage will be to move the North American servers somewhere more centralized (I'm assuming St. Louis, since that's where Riot's datacenters are located) to reduce ping for East coasters, at the cost of slight increases to west coasters.

tldr: Ping is the most important part when it comes to lagging in games.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Is it possible C9 was a bit hesitant to announce pistola considering he made some comments about disliking the Halo community so much? I figured maybe they were waiting for that to blow over which is pretty much has.

• Upvote (+1) 2

----------------------

Meaning to ask everyone, would you prefer to keep everything in this thread (IG/UGC events etc + ESL/HCS stuff) or do you like weekend event threads we've done in the past.

Separate threads IMO is better, that way this thread is only about the seeds/scrims/team changes discussions. 

YouTube is owned by Google. Microsoft and Google are competitors. Therefore, this will most likely not happen.

Like the way Samsung don't make smartphone parts for Apple?

Oh wait.

Is it possible C9 was a bit hesitant to announce pistola considering he made some comments about disliking the Halo community so much? I figured maybe they were waiting for that to blow over which is pretty much has.

I assume it's a waiting for a contract to expire thing?

Probably will be announced in April.

I assume it's a waiting for a contract to expire thing?

Probably will be announced in April.

Seems logical.  He was never "released" from EG during his injury, was he?  C9 may just be waiting to avoid having to buy out before they officially sign him.

Don't know if this was posted, but I believe someone asked about Elumnite a few pages back and his team situation. So as most know he was almost on Optic but then HuriCaniac came around and screwed him.

He is now team with Cpt Anarchy and ThuggishKilla, still looking for a 4th as far as I know.

• Upvote (+1) 4

----------------------

Hopefully this kind of hype for Season 2 keeps going throughout the whole season!  I definitely prefer a separate event thread.

Don't know if this was posted, but I believe someone asked about Elumnite a few pages back and his team situation. So as most know he was almost on Optic but then HuriCaniac came around and screwed him.

He is now team with Cpt Anarchy and ThuggishKilla, still looking for a 4th as far as I know.

That confirmed?

Since I have seen Cpt. Anarchy playing with different players recently, just curious.

Hopefully this kind of hype for Season 2 keeps going throughout the whole season!  I definitely prefer a separate event thread.

As someone posted before, I'm not sure about anyone else but considering this is the last *somewhat* real Halo game we'll be watching I'm going to be continuing to watch scrims and remain active on this thread. When H5 comes out though, not so much (if the beta was any indication)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Seems logical.  He was never "released" from EG during his injury, was he?  C9 may just be waiting to avoid having to buy out before they officially sign him.

EG's store still has Pistola shirts, so like you said he may have actually never been released and is still under contract. Cloud 9 is probably just waiting for that contract to end until they officially make Ola a part of the roster. 

That confirmed?

Since I have seen Cpt. Anarchy playing with different players recently, just curious.

Yeah i was watching elumnite's stream and he said they are looking for a fourth. I'm excited, always been a cpt anarchy fan.

Maniac to be the 4th? 

#Hurricane 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

III XXIX MMXV #GREENWALL

what are you trying to be cryptic or hip or something?

trying too hard bruh

edit: denial panda its roman numerals  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

III XXIX MMXV #GREENWALL

I think that means March 29th, 2015.

If not, atleast I tried.

Edit: Don't worry, I know it's Roman Numerals haha.

Has Ninja confirmed his team with Goofy, Legit, & Spartan for IG Atlanta?

I don't think anything has been 100% confirmed however it seems very likely. Ninja has said a few things about orgs etc. on stream.

what are you trying to be cryptic or hip or something?

trying too hard bruh

edit: denial panda its roman numerals   :kappa:

I know this name.

I'm bringing my horrible opinion train from Gaf...