CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Ryanoob leaves Denial, they pick up Ola. 

Ola is the slaying power they need, but they will lose their best objective player and in turn, still struggle.

I thought elevate got eliminated first? Didn't they play before optic? Anyway I'm excited to see what teams shake up their rosters. Might take something drastic to make a team that can beat EG 

Nope they didn't Optic/C9 played first then CLG/Elevate

• Upvote (+1) 1

They'd need a lot of casters for that. Bravo nearly lost his voice on Saturday and that was with rotating 4 casters...

How is Puckett able to do an entire tournament?

The high school I coach at host's a huge wrestling tournament every year.  The announcer talks all day for 2 days, no breaks.

If you're an announcer of some type, you should be able to last a weekend.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Very excited for Season 2.  I just finished watching the rebroadcast, and I noticed when CLG vs NB went to a game 5 (the first one), I noticed there was still 3hours left in the rebroadcast, so I instantly thought, "Shit, did CLG actually go to the Grand Finals and knockoff EG 2 series in a row)....and then of course the 4 replays of TS on Sanc happened. I made sure not to check Twitter all day, so watching it not knowing what happened and seeing it unfold was nerve-racking. I pretty much just skimmed through the rebroadcast and straight to the games, so what exactly did they announce for S2? How many LANs? # of Online Cups? Prize Pool?

Overall impression of the weekend:
-EG was not going to lose. Even though they went Game5 with CLG in WB Finals, CLG looked overmatched. And in the GF, CLG just looked too fatigued and the mountain was too big, even for 2gre to pull out some usual magic tricks.  CLG could've easily folded in LB Finals being down 0-2, but shows their determination. Was really pulling for Heinz.

-Noble Black. What can you say. This was a true "Cinderella" story.  The duo of APG/Maniac mixed with written off outcast duo of Aries/Arkanum was great to watch.  Was hard not to root for them.

-Cloud 9.  I was impressed as they put everything together.  Getting that Optic series win was huge for this team.  And I really hope they don't break up because they showed what they can do on LAN.  Not a big fan of Hysteria, but he "backpacked" them to some huge wins.

-Optic. Just disappointing. Just shows that when you don't put in the time or effort in to something you are likely to fail.  Even though I personally feel that Contra should not get dropped, he likely will. 

-Event/Production.  Loved it.  Everything ran very smoothly, the casting duo of Walshy/Simms was fantastic.  Bravo's insight was impeccable, and there was little down time that was filled well with the timer, videos, news, etc. 

HCS looks promising going forward, especially now with a game that actually works.  I will say that I am personally a lot more excited of HCS S2 with MCC than I will ever be for a H5 season.  Not that I don't like H5, but MCC HCS S2 will likely be the last season of Halo at its pure/core form.  I will continue to watch regardless but just don't feel it will look/feel the same. 

Thank you Beyond and everyone that is in charge of keeping this website up and running.  It was a blast being able to look through the forums throughout the weekend and get everyones thoughts.

Thanks fellas.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I pretty much just skimmed through the rebroadcast and straight to the games, so what exactly did they announce for S2? How many LANs? # of Online Cups? Prize Pool?

• HCS Season 2 Pre Season Cups in Early April (April 5th & 12th)
  • Iron Games HCS Atlanta - April 17th-19th - $25,000 Prize Pool (Diamond Event)
  • One additional LAN Event in May or June
  • Updated Point System (TBA)
  • Online Cups TBA
  • Season 2 Finals in July (TBA)
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Soooo new maps, new teams, and hopefully a ranked HCS playlist. These are the ingredients for a solid cup of stew

Also, get rid of the quad POV screen.  That poo is aids.

Yeah at MLG and events its so great to see all 8 point of views and then what the stream is seeing in the center. However, on stream its kind of ridiculous.

I'd like to say a lot but I'm just going to compliment the production by HCS and how amazing the casters were. That shit was top tier entertainment all weekend. 

Simms impressed the fuck out of me.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Also, get rid of the quad POV screen.  That poo is aids.

Didn't mean to neg but personally I liked it. I was watching in full screen/source so I could easily watch any of the four povs and understand what was happenin there wasn't really a downside to it at all. Maybe its different if you have smaller monitors though.

• HCS Season 2 Pre Season Cups in Early April (April 5th & 12th)
  • Iron Games HCS Atlanta - April 17th-19th - $25,000 Prize Pool (Diamond Event)
  • One additional LAN Event in May or June
  • Updated Point System (TBA)
  • Online Cups TBA
  • Season 2 Finals in July (TBA)

Thanks man, I appreciate it.  Hope they can find a way to somehow fit in 1 more LAN in the season.  Only 2 LAN events is unfortunate but I guess I understand with the said season to end in July.  Makes you wonder if the rumors of H5 releasing in August instead of Nov/Dec is true.  Makes you wonder if 343i will likely have an H5 "opener" tournament either a few days before the release or right after the release.  I really enjoyed what they did with the H4 MLG tournament which was played the weekend before the game was released that following Tuesday.  It was exciting to get a full preview of how the game was before the rest of us got our hands on it.  I understand that that same scenario will be different this time around because the majority of us have already played the BETA, but would love to see a "pre-release" tournament of some sorts.  Even if the majority of the pros and community will not give the "winners" of the tournament some respect, like they did with the "Warriors" squad of H4, but from a viewership angle it would be sick. 

i.e.- Yes, I know most don't give "Warriors" the respect for their H4 "pre-release" MLG tournament victory because of the rumors that they got their hands on the game early, but they were not the only team to do so. However, a similar H5 tournament would be great, in my opinion, either way because I just love watching competitive halo tournaments.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Didn't mean to neg but personally I liked it. I was watching in full screen/source so I could easily watch any of the four povs and understand what was happenin there wasn't really a downside to it at all. Maybe its different if you have smaller monitors though.

Nope, I was watching in 1080p on a 70" Ultra HD television and it was incredibly difficult to see the score and time in the most important moments of that epic 9 game series.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just want to say that Roy and Lunchbox's legacy is really up there.

I've played them at two MLG's and they are a fucking force. I've never been more scared of an individual player on LAN than I am of Lunchbox. He is absolutely fearless under pressure. Back in Halo 2 Classic he was the allstar of 5K imo. He pulled off the most ridiculous plays I've ever seen as far as teamwork and strategy are concerned.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope that Pistola gets picked up by CLG since there's no way EG is splitting up after dominating the last few tournaments and CLG could use some more slaying power not sure who they drop though between Snakebite or R2 for him they should keep Heinz because he's a good objective player andis the one who scores/caps the most in OBJ gametypes.

• Downvote (-1) 1

@@Saucey making videos again... We really are back.

No but seriously the patch and an overall awesome season 1 of the HCS are great ways of starting to resuscitate Halo, keep it up 343.

No chance of dropping Snakebite imo, him and 2gre are the two strongest on the team. Snakebite is so goddamn clutch and well rounded. Royal 2 seems most likely, and then Snakebite could be the one who grabs snipe most of the time but still play aggressive and not fall in to that overly heavy sniper groove. I think there's a lot of value in a main slayer who plays like Roy did on the godsquad, or Formal did on Dynasty. Seeing Ola back with both 2gre and Heinz would be fantastic.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ryanoob leaves Denial, they pick up Ola.

Ola is the slaying power they need, but they will lose their best objective player and in turn, still struggle.

EG is/was full of well rounded players. Snip3down came back from cod and his communication was so much better and he kept his slaying Prowess. What I mean to say is mikwen ola and cloud all do lots of objective and chig can just keep chigging

Can someone please link me to the rebroadcast? I missed every NB series from day 2 and 3 and I Need need need to see them

Edit: I'd love ogre bite heinz ola.

not the biggest fan of royal 2, but that's just personal opinion also ola <3

• Downvote (-1) 1

EG and CLG aren't gonna make any changes

Predictions: The sudds don't qualify for season finals 2 cause they are Garbo

Tsquared quits halo again this season cause he remembers he sucks

Arkanum wins a lan event

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I predict a couple more "amatuers" (guys like Spartan, Munoz, etc) will get into the season 2 finals. And some people will quit because the money isn't good enough.

Everyone talking about if Ola joins CLG. It'd be pretty funny considering CLG is the reason he broke his pinky.

No chance of dropping Snakebite imo, him and 2gre are the two strongest on the team. Snakebite is so goddamn clutch and well rounded. Royal 2 seems most likely, and then Snakebite could be the one who grabs snipe most of the time but still play aggressive and not fall in to that overly heavy sniper groove. I think there's a lot of value in a main slayer who plays like Roy did on the godsquad, or Formal did on Dynasty. Seeing Ola back with both 2gre and Heinz would be fantastic.

Snakebite and Royal 2 are a team. They've been teaming together for a long time and have said they will continue to do so.

So if one of them leaves, the other goes too.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

EG and CLG aren't gonna make any changes

EG isn't but CLG should be considering this is twice they've gotten 3-0'd by EG in the finals I think there smart enough to realize they aren't going to beat them with there current squad.

• Upvote (+1) 2

EG isn't but CLG should be considering this is twice they've gotten 3-0'd by EG in the finals I think there smart enough to realize they aren't going to beat them with there current squad.

I don't disagree but that's a call ogre 2 has to make, they finished 1 and 2 at every event in season 1, I don't think they need to make a move IMO

• Upvote (+1) 3