CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I don't get why people are so satisfied with CLGs performance. Sure, they won a lan, and placed 2nd at the last two, but 2nd isn't first, and they weren't even close to winning either of the last two times. 

I think they've reached their ceiling and I really don't see how they get automatically better, especially since more teams seem to be giving them trouble (Optic, C9, Noble, just recently).

I agree. It's like people forget they were 3-0'd by Optic, and then were down 2-0 to C9 at the last tourney. Denial beat them at UGC. Would have been 3-1'd by Denial if 2gre didnt get really clutch. Then went down 2-0 to NB, and could have easily lost those tiebreakers.

`    publicbussystem, on 10 Mar 2015 - 01:55 AM, said:

I think it could have some potential for either Oddball or KOTH, but I haven't seen either of them played on it, so I have no clue how it would end up working out, and for KOTH to work at all, the thunderdome in the center would have to be disabled.

Is there a reason 3 plots is ruled out? Seems the most logical gametype

I literally told Small that I was NOT playing unless it was fixed, after waiting a bit, I was told that's the best they can do. I can't speak for other teams but I didn't hear ONE team complain about the sound from the lower seeded side of the stage. The reason that everything sounded great to the viewers and not to the players is because you don't hear the game sound/white noise that we heard

Not only was our side in GENERAL a worse side to communicate amongst teammates, MY mixamp/SOMETHING put ME and an even bigger disadvantage than my teammates since they could BARELY hear me (speaking carefully here) and I could BARELY hear them. On top of that, My master volume on the mixamp was ALL the way up along with the game/voice nob turned all the way to voice, even further compromising our gameplay.

To whoever says that I'm complaining because I lost...smh. There have been COUNTLESS events where I've placed TERRIBLY and admitted they were still the best events I've ever been to.

I believe I know exactly what you are talking about....or I could be way off.  Just hear me out.  When I first bought my XB1 "Headset Adapter" and tried it out the first night, things were absolutely awful.  I was in a party with my buddies and I could barely hear them.  Like you, I had my Astro Mixamp "master" volume on full-blast, as well as, "voice/game" knob set all the way to the "voice" side.  Still nothing. Like you, I could barely hear them on the other end, it sounded like they were miles away.  I ended up calling them, and they said that they could "barely" hear me as well, like I was whispering.  This went on for an hour, before I got frustrated enough and just had to plug in the default XB1 headset that came with the bundle.  I checked online for a few days, searching and searching for all setup videos and tutorials making sure I had my headset, mixamp and adapter all in the correct places...I did.  Just when I about gave up and returned the adapter because I thought it was defective, I stumbled across this video and....abracadabra, it worked! Turns out my "sound" settings from within the XB1 "Settings" menu were off.  The default settings on the XB1 for the sound settings under "Optical Audio" are "stereo uncompressed" when I needed to have it switched to "bitstream out".  And the setting below that, "Bitstream format" was default set at "DTS Digital Surround" when I needed to have it at "Dolby Digital".  I made these two changes and the adapter worked like a charm, but like you before I had these exact settings, I was hearing the "white noise" as well as not being able to hear my teammates but only at a very low volume.

This was the YT video that helped me with these settings.  Like I stated above.  I have no idea if this was the same issue you were having, but from what you described it sounded very much like the same problems I was having.  I could be way off, but if not, I hope this is fixed for future events and others do not have to experience the frustration that you and your teammates felt.

Thanks fellas.

• Upvote (+1) 1

what ever happened to ghandi making a comeback?

Smite

Zenith needs a Camo where the Tower of Power Sniper spawns and it'd be amazing.

I've wanted to see it in the rotation since PAX Prime. KoTH and Slayer, no doubt.

@@Tashi

@@Bravo

Shhhhh.

I disagree, I think Ola for Heinz is a good team change and will help propel them to a more serious 1st place contender. No offense to Heinz, but he didn't perform when it counted this tourney. 

Heinz only did bad this event. He's played great all season. 2gre on the other hand... but hey the more big names on your squad the better it'll be I guess :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Heinz only did bad this event. He's played great all season. 2gre on the other hand... but hey the more big names on your squad the better it'll be I guess :kappa:

It's interesting Stephander, whenever I see a post of yours I always feel you are trying to come off as a wry, and darkly intelligent person. But you're really just quite contrary, and use too many kappas. Like rumpelstiltskin, but in a bad way. I think you just don't want EG to lose :). Oh and The Ogre is the Goat by the way ;)
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's interesting Stephander, whenever I see a post of yours I always feel you are trying to come off as a wry, and darkly intelligent person, but I feel you're really just quite contrary, and use too many kappas. Like rumpelstiltskin, but in a bad way. I think you just don't want EG to lose :). Oh and The Ogre is the Goat by the way ;)

Maybe I just annoy you? Who knows. What's wrong with kappas? Those faces are class. I didn't say anything about him not being a "goat". I said if we're going off purely stats (which is what people are doing when they say Heinz should be dropped, just cos he did back in the finals and for all anyone knows he may have only did bad in the last two rounds of finals cos I'm sure no ones arsed to go back and look) then looking at this season of HCS. If anyone deserves a drop it's 2gre as he has not played well at all in any of the tournaments and consistently under-performs next to his teammates. inb4 "Without 2grez goat strats they never would win ehfeh". Naw, without Snakebite and Royal2 crippling other teams on Warlord for most of the season(and if I'm remembering correctly, warlord has the most gametypes) I'd say CLG wouldn't have done as well. You can say strats are more important than slaying if you want and I'll agree to an extent but if you're not killing the other team- at least keeping up with them to some degree, you're not going to get anything done.  

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Maybe I just annoy you? Who knows. What's wrong with kappas? Those faces are class. I didn't say anything about him not being a "goat". I said if we're going off purely stats (which is what people are doing when they say Heinz should be dropped, just cos he did back in the finals and for all anyone knows he may have only did bad in the last two rounds of finals cos I'm sure no ones arsed to go back and look) then looking at this season of HCS. If anyone deserves a drop it's 2gre as he has not played well at all in any of the tournaments and consistently under-performs next to his teammates. inb4 "Without 2grez goat strats they never would win ehfeh". Naw, without Snakebite and Royal2 crippling other teams on Warlord for most of the season(and if I'm remembering correctly, warlord has the most gametypes) I'd say CLG wouldn't have done as well. You can say strats are more important than slaying if you want and I'll agree to an extent but if you're not killing the other team- at least keeping up with them to some degree, you're not going to get anything done.

Every LAN event the Ogre has shown up and made game saving, pivotal plays (vastly more than Heinz). Online is different because of his crap connection on top of being on Royal2's host, but he's moved to the CLG house now. So hopefully online should be better. I don't like it when people are ignorant to the greatness of the Ogre right now, and I got annoyed about your post on the Simms. As I live in England, But I've looked at your past posts, and I strongly agree with your position on sprint. So I guess I Agree to Disagree :)
  • Upvote (+1) 1

People are so stupid....

"Stop complaining that none of your teammates could hear you in game, maybe if you practiced more an weren't on twitter all day...."

Jesus Christ guys

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I like the fact that my previous post where I called out the Ogre, to get the Ola, is now -14. Even after I changed it to be more humorous, people are still giving negative rep points... Was what I said really so inflammatory? I Guess I could say now "I hate all you nazi's!!! I hope you all get raped by Badgers that have aids!!!".... But I'm much too even tempered for that. I Ain't going anywhere angry mob, and I still feel Ola for Heinz is the right play. Even if it's insensitive to unrealistic CLG fans, and Mr. Heinz who's a fucking great guy, by the way. Anyway thank you to Jacob and Str8 Kong for going against the Fascist Grain... I'm sure no doubt people will still try and kill me off with negative rep, but if you go back and read everything I've posted... Hopefully you'll see I'm considerate in my opinions, and hopefully you won't go 'Nope, F**ck you Here's some more Negs, Don't you know Heinz is the Messiah?!!!'... Hopefully not :/

Every LAN event the Ogre has shown up and made game saving, pivotal plays (vastly more than Heinz). Online is different because of his crap connection on top of being on Royal2's host, but he's moved to the CLG house now. So hopefully online should be better. I don't like it when people are ignorant to the greatness of the Ogre right now, and I got annoyed about your post on the Simms. As I live in England, But I've looked at your past posts, and I strongly agree with your position on sprint. So I guess I Agree to Disagree :)

Pfft the only play I've seen ogre2 do this season was strongsiding side to side in a hill, big whup. Every other time we see his POV we see him react slowly in situations and die constantly. I'm not denying he is a godlike halo player overall, I'm saying for some reason he is bad at H2a (*relatively, compared to other pros in the game) and that's just a fact. So what if I don't like Simms accent, does that give you a right to attack my post :'( seriously evaluate yourself. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Royal 2 is the worst player on CLG. He puts up good stats sure but he's also a lot more selfish than the other 3 players and has a much worse attitude.

Edit: his positioning in close games is bad, and he's often the reason they lose it.

I don't think CLG should change but, Ogre bite and heinzola sounds better to me

"Hey guys look heinz has a bad kd that means he's bad" what forums is this?

we should know better.

• Upvote (+1) 4

People are so stupid....

"Stop complaining that none of your teammates could hear you in game, maybe if you practiced more an weren't on twitter all day...."

Jesus Christ guys

You can't stop people from saying stupid shit sometimes lol. Like the guy bashing him for not overcoming adversity or whatever earlier. Its pretty unbelievable. Maybe if he tried harder the mic would've suddenly worked or if he was really into it he would've transcended the barriers between himself and his teammates respective minds for the ultimate communication. I haven't laughed at a post quite so much in awhile. 

Seriously though Pro players and anyone else playing really have the right to complain about a shit setup for an event. We should be mad too. It degrades the quality of Halo we get to spectate and it potentially costs the players money. Its pretty dumb that everyone seems to just give them a free pass for failing to provide functional equipment and, apparently, being dicks about fixing it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Royal 2 is the worst player on CLG. He puts up good stats sure but he's also a lot more selfish than the other 3 players and has a much worse attitude.

Ogre bite and heinzola sounds better to me

"Hey guys look heinz has a bad kd that means he's bad" what forums is this?

we should know better.

I would have to disagree with you on R2 being the worst on CLG. I do agree on selfishness and attitude, but come on that's what makes him R2. He's a monster at slaying. On the Heinz ordeal; I mentioned at a time that he struggled to get kills, but you have reminded me that he doesn't need to go positive in the k/d category to be effective. He has always been a support player. Always having lots of assists in a game.

Pfft the only play I've seen ogre2 do this season was strongsiding side to side in a hill, big whup. Every other time we see his POV we see him react slowly in situations and die constantly. I'm not denying he is a godlike halo player overall, I'm saying for some reason he is bad at H2a and that's just a fact. So what if I don't like Simms accent, does that give you a right to attack my post :'( seriously evaluate yourself.

Evaluate myself? What? Attacking you? Hmmmmmmm.. nope I don't agree. Why suddenly sensitive? Don't worry you can always go back and neg my old post to make yourself feel better amigo :).... That way with such a low reputation, no one will listen to me. And that post's a safe post to neg, because everyone else has ;) that way you can disagree on another post... But show you're displeasure by negging the safe one :) and Ogre 2 is definitely a top tier player in H2A, the wins and in game coverage support this.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Evaluate myself? What? Attacking you? Hmmmmmmm.. nope I don't agree. Why suddenly sensitive? Don't worry you can always go back and neg my old post to make yourself feel better amigo :).... That way with such a low reputation, no one will listen to me. And that post's a safe post to neg, because everyone else has ;) that way you can disagree on another post... But show you're displeasure by negging the safe one :) and Ogre 2 is definitely a top tier player in H2A, the wins and in game coverage support this.

not sensitive, but do seriously evaluate yourself.

edit; what's this stuff about rep? y u care?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@@SnowCat You've made your point. You've said you want Pistola in place of Heinz 47 times (get it? Heinz? 47?). We get it. It's nice that you signed up and are posting but for the love of all things holy, post about something else.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Pfft the only play I've seen ogre2 do this season was strongsiding side to side in a hill, big whup. Every other time we see his POV we see him react slowly in situations and die constantly. I'm not denying he is a godlike halo player overall, I'm saying for some reason he is bad at H2a (*relatively, compared to other pros in the game) and that's just a fact. So what if I don't like Simms accent, does that give you a right to attack my post :'( seriously evaluate yourself. 

You claiming he's bad at H2A as a fact is unreal. Did he bang your mom or something to receive this hate from you? Because there's no logical reason for you to say that because he is still incredible at H2A.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Either they shake it up, or they might risk stagnation. It's like in the NHL when sometimes you take out the goalie and put another one in. He might not even be playing bad, but you do it to shake things up, or maybe get a kick out of your team to play harder.

Bad analogy. In the case you use the Goalie is still on the roster. You didn't tell him to go play for the other team.

You claiming he's bad at H2A as a fact is unreal. Did he bang your mom or something to receive this hate from you? Because there's no logical reason for you to say that because he is still incredible at H2A.

Are you dense? I said compared to the other pros he's bad at h2a, obviously he's good at the game. Why do you care so much what someone thinks of someone who doesn't know you?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Are you dense? I said compared to the other pros he's bad at h2a, obviously he's good at the game. Why do you care so much what someone thinks of someone who doesn't know you?

Oh I understood completely that you said in comparison to other pros and even that's ludicrous. I only care because it literally makes 0 sense to say that and claim it as a fact.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh I understood completely that you said in comparison to other pros and even that's ludicrous. I only care because it literally makes 0 sense to say that and claim it as a fact.

stats say otherwise

• Upvote (+1) 1

I guess when you cant articulate a proper and intelligent counter point it's easy to just call the other person stupid.

:salt: