CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I have a question, that no one can really answer but can be speculated to death as we tend to do here.

When the HCS moves over to Halo 5, whether or not it works or is a dumpster fire.

Is MLG allowed to pick up H2A for competitive play, and if so, would they?

Doubt they would, population and viewership are not that high atm, and H5 will only lower population and viewership even more.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I have a question, that no one can really answer but can be speculated to death as we tend to do here.

When the HCS moves over to Halo 5, whether or not it works or is a dumpster fire.

Is MLG allowed to pick up H2A for competitive play, and if so, would they?

I doubt it. If MLG is going to touch Halo again they'd want a franchise with a future. Picking up H2A if H5 tanks would be investing in a game lacking in maps, and a franchise going nowhere. I can't see the company that dropped Halo after CBus 2012 picking it up again. Realistically I don't see MLG ever seeking going it on their own with Halo again, if they host an event it'll be HCS and tbh I just don't see that happening. Could obviously be totally wrong, though.

I wish Walshy was an option aha.

I would want the team of Snipedown, Ogre 2, Roy, Victory X.

I think people forgot/don't know how good Victory X was at H2.

5th at 06 Nationals is pretty epic. I'm pretty sure they were like the 8th or 9th seed. Everyone used to say how underrated Victory X was so I watched a lot of his VoD back then and was pretty blown away at his performances against top teams.

For people who can't go to HaloWaypoint or are too lazy in mobile.

h2-showdown_1120-bb254988a8e448638e6c6a4

The top four players in votes will play a best-of-5 series against 343’s Pro Team in Halo 2 Classic! The best part? The matchup will be streamed for your enjoyment on the Halo Channel and Twitch. When the series ends, we’ll be selecting viewers from Twitch and Twitter and bringing them into a 2v2 match with 343’s Mason “Neighbor” Cobb and Michael “StrongSide” Cavanaugh, where each pro player will get teamed up with a Twitch viewer for each match.

Here’s the breakdown:

Who: HCS All-Stars, 343 Pro Team, and you.

What: Twitch stream live from the 343 HQ.

Where: Halo Channel & Twitch.tv/Halo

When: Thursday, March 19, 4PM PDT

h2-showdown_candidates_1120-cce2be181934

h2-showdown_proteam_1120-4864a51312eb47f

Game 1: Capture the Flag on Midship

Game 2: Team Slayer on Beaver Creek

Game 3: Team Ball on Lockout

Game 4: Neutral Bomb Assault on Midship

Game 5: Team Slayer on Ivory Tower

Vote for players here - https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community

No prize pool.

Royal 2 was such an H2 all-star at 9 years old. :kappa:

Anyway, my top 4 would be:

-2gre (for obvious reasons and anyone who says otherwise is an idiot)

-T2

-Naded

-Roy/Lunchbox

If T2 is actually done though, then swap him for Hysteria or Vic X.

How were the HCS pros decided on? No Lunchbox? FiS? Naded? Legit? (Hell, even T2)

Even Hysteria, APG, Heinz, and Cloud were all names in FFA.

Looks like that Halo 2 Classic All-Star matchup is going to be:

Ogre 2, Snipedown, Roy, and Ace

vs.

Strongside, Neighbor, Gho57ayame, and Dersky

Who you guys got?

Cool idea.  Only bad part is it's being played online, right?

Wish I could vote for Cloudy. Oh well.

Ogre 2, Roy and Victory are obvious. Snipedown was a god at H2 even though he didn't go to an event. I don't think many people knew it.

How were the HCS pros decided on? No Lunchbox? FiS? Naded? Legit? (Hell, even T2)

Even Hysteria, APG, Heinz, and Cloud were all names in FFA.

Totally valid question. The selection wasn't H2 All-Stars, but rather this season's HCS All-Stars. This group wasn't necessarily the best H2 players years ago, but instead a selection of top performers from season 1 - and it's of course by no means the definitive "season 1 top players" list. While they'd both be cool for different reasons, we decided to opt for celebrating some of the top players from this season rather than focusing on H2 OGs (there is of course, some overlap however). That isn't to say that we won't change things up in the future, but just what we're doin' this Thursday.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Looks like that Halo 2 Classic All-Star matchup is going to be:

Ogre 2, Snipedown, Roy, and Ace

vs.

Strongside, Neighbor, Gho57ayame, and Dersky

Who you guys got?

Cool idea.  Only bad part is it's being played online, right?

As good as Neighbor and SS are at H2, I'm still going with the current pro team simply because they have all been playing and winning. They're just the more practiced crew (unless Team 343 have been stealth-running Hardcore lately).

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like the consistency of all the photos of players in front of brick walls, except for Arkanum.

Anyway, I'm hoping for Ogre 2, Snipedown, Roy, and Mikwen. We can only vote for one person though, right? I clicked on Mikwen and it wouldn't let me vote for any others.

Totally valid question. The selection wasn't H2 All-Stars, but rather this season's HCS All-Stars. This group wasn't necessarily the best H2 players years ago, but instead a selection of top performers from season 1 - and it's of course by no means the definitive "season 1 top players" list. While they'd both be cool for different reasons, we decided to opt for celebrating some of the top players from this season rather than focusing on H2 OGs (there is of course, some overlap however). That isn't to say that we won't change things up in the future, but just what we're doin' this Thursday.

That's fair. Would be exciting to see more of the best H2 OGs playing together again, though.

When did Dersky start playing? The 343 pro team have loads of experience but I cant remember Dersky before, reach?