CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Fis had more assists and less deaths than ninja. A lot of the time when ninja has 19 kills in a slayer game, he'll also have 18 deaths as an example. I wouldn't read into the stats THAT much.

A 0.79 K/D is a 0.79.  When I watched them play he was going double-digit negative in games, and the overall stats replicate that.  He was not playing well at all.

Even with his fewer deaths and more assists he still had a lower K+A/D and Kill Participation.  That means that he simply wasn't killing, which you can deduce from his 0.79 K/D.

Fearitself hasn't impressed in this game at all, and his attitude is subpar.  Ninja is still Ninja and he'll make stupid plays; but he's also won some games for them and is generally playing at a higher level than FiS.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hooray, I said not to speculate so many times and people are speculating! The sound had nothing to do with why we lost(I think, who knows). What I did have problems with I will talk about tomorrow.

no lmao

completely joking because there was 4 ties in a row.

Ok, glad to hear.  :)

@@VinFTW What's that saying? If you ain't first, you last.

I don't know... I guess. It just seems that, none of the current teams really have a consistent chance to place 1st. Its either they're on fire or they get knocked out early. Even when on fire, no one can really match EG currently. 

Also lol Ryanoob "I think, who knows". Completely proving everybody's point. 

I don't think that... Everytime is fanboy delusional. However Ola is very hungry right now, and with the Ogre and Ola as a duo along with snakebite and royal2, 3-0'ing EG is a very secure possiblity... With Heinz it is not :/

I still don't see any reason why they wouldn't be able to beat EG with their current roster if they practiced enough.

I don't know... I guess. It just seems that, none of the current teams really have a consistent chance to place 1st. Its either they're on fire or they get knocked out early. Even when on fire, no one can really match EG currently. 

Agreed. I think Pistola joining C9 could at least challenge EG.

and this is why I don't type anything that needs to be spoken. It was a joke

I cannot be bothered to go through all of the list, but let's take str8 for e.g, what made t2 and snipedown a duo lol?

T2 was the Bait a lot of the Time while he was pushing forward doing objective... 2008 and 2009 are a bit more sketchy in years for the "Duo" theory... But if you look at the names listed, and you know your halo history... You should see a correlation

Why on Earth CLG would drop anyone ? WB finals was as close as it could be(other than game 1 and 5) and that series with NB just drained them. I expect them to be back vs EG in WB finals in the S2 kickoff, all they need to do is grind more and get better.

and this is why I don't type anything that needs to be spoken. It was a joke

Can you at least admit you're confusing the shit out of me/us? 

:wutface:

Why on Earth CLG would drop anyone ? WB finals was as close as it could be(other than game 1 and 5) and that series with NB just drained them. I expect them to be back vs EG in WB finals in the S2 kickoff, all they need to do is grind more and get better.

I didn't know WB finals was for $50k. I also didn't know being drained after a match is a valid excuse for getting stomped. I mean... this is a series after hearing your team name being chanted in the crowd after a huge, hype-ass 4OT victory. 

If a forge map doesn't make the cut for season 2, would anyone be opposed to seeing Zenith(Ascension) join the rotation? I know it's not the most competitive map by any means but we need some damn variety. It may be too big for Hill but at the same time it could play extremely well and require a to of teamwork and communication to break a hill setup. It is definitely too large for ball especially with the endless "play ball" options. As far as Slayer goes, if Lockdown slayer is a gametype I don't see why Zenith slayer can't be. It'll play just as slow. Lockdown AND Shrine have had games end via time limit. Zenith will be the same. There's also two snipers so that'll make for a solid viewer experience. Idk. I thought Zenith games were fun to watch at the pre-release tournaments.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If a forge map doesn't make the cut for season 2, would anyone be opposed to seeing Zenith(Ascension) join the rotation? I know it's not the most competitive map by any means but we need some damn variety. It may be too big for Hill but at the same time it could play extremely well and require a to of teamwork and communication to break a hill setup. It is definitely too large for ball especially with the endless "play ball" options. As far as Slayer goes, if Lockdown slayer is a gametype I don't see why Zenith slayer can't be. It'll play just as slow. Lockdown AND Shrine have had games end via time limit. Zenith will be the same. There's also two snipers so that'll make for a solid viewer experience. Idk. I thought Zenith games were fun to watch at the pre-release tournaments.

Zenith needs a Camo where the Tower of Power Sniper spawns and it'd be amazing.

I've wanted to see it in the rotation since PAX Prime. KoTH and Slayer, no doubt.

@@Tashi

@@Bravo

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Hooray, I said not to speculate so many times and people are speculating! The sound had nothing to do with why we lost(I think, who knows). What I did have problems with I will talk about tomorrow.

should have just held off till you posted the video lol Cant come in here and drop that and not expect people to speculate! 

also @@LethuL conrgats dude. A lot people like to point at snipedown or roy for eg's success but you do a great job in setting them up perfectly all while going pretty positive yourself. Now i know why neighbor called you neighbor jr. Yall both have/had a great slaying ability while still playing the objective really well #betterwithlethul  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 2

(I'm gonna continue with my theory)If you look at team Instinct from 2011, the reason why they were historically the most dominating team, is because of Ogre+Ola and RoyBox... Two Duos that were very In sync with each other (knowing when to bait, when to attack ect), and working collectively as a whole. I KNOW Heinz won't get dropped, but I really would like to see the Ogre+Ola and SnakeBite+Royal2 as a team... I'm also well aware of CLG still being able to beat EG, I just don't think it can be in a dominating, consistent fashion. Even with the impossiblity of Ola joining, and then playing bad for the first month. I feel he would grind like fuck, and then CLG would just destroy... I would love the Drama as a fan. It's my opinion, I don't think it'll happen though, Hence the desperate/cheeky post addressing Ogre 2 earlier, that was killed by negative reps (Ouch). I just want to see CLG as a Golith that destroys all, that's er.. all... Thank you and Goodnight ;). Oh and Walshy was team captain when he was dropped from Final Boss

I just don't think Ola joining CLG is going to equal CLG ever dominating EG. There is no combination of players that is going to do that because these are the top players, and teams in HCS. It's just going to be about practicing and making the most out of every situation.

I still don't see any reason why they wouldn't be able to beat EG with their current roster if they practiced enough.

They have practiced.  The problem with their current roster is that neither Heinz nor 2gre are going to light up the scoreboard from a slaying standpoint consistently enough to consistently challenge a team like EG which currently looks like the HCS version of CoD's Optic Gaming.  You can talk about "objective work" and whatnot all you want, but when EG is dropping 1.34, 1.21, 1.16, and 1.08 K/D numbers over a tournament it is going to be incredibly difficult to "out-objective" them to victory.

I'm really not sure that a roster featuring both 2gre and Heinz at this point can topple EG.  Too much depends on them playing at their absolute best.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They have practiced.  The problem with their current roster is that neither Heinz nor 2gre are going to light up the scoreboard from a slaying standpoint consistently enough to consistently challenge a team like EG which currently looks like the HCS version of CoD's Optic Gaming.  You can talk about "objective work" and whatnot all you want, but when EG is dropping 1.34, 1.21, 1.16, and 1.08 K/D numbers over a tournament it is going to be incredibly difficult to "out-objective" them to victory.

I'm really not sure that a roster featuring both 2gre and Heinz at this point can topple EG.  Too much depends on them playing at their absolute best.

They already can compete with EG, and CLG is not as practiced as EG.

A 0.79 K/D is a 0.79.  When I watched them play he was going double-digit negative in games, and the overall stats replicate that.  He was not playing well at all.

Even with his fewer deaths and more assists he still had a lower K+A/D and Kill Participation.  That means that he simply wasn't killing, which you can deduce from his 0.79 K/D.

Fearitself hasn't impressed in this game at all, and his attitude is subpar.  Ninja is still Ninja and he'll make stupid plays; but he's also won some games for them and is generally playing at a higher level than FiS.

I agree with you, completely. Ninja doesn't deserve most of the crap he gets from that team, especially from Fis imo, Hysteria is somewhat understandable cos to me, he's the best player on that team by quite a bit. The point I was trying to make is sometimes people read into stats WAY too much

They already can compete with EG, and CLG is not as practiced as EG.

They've been beaten badly in the grand-finals by EG in each of the past two events.  And like someone else pointed out already; teams like Cloud 9 are even starting to challenge CLG (Gamers4Giving) whereas that same C9 team still gets smashed by EG.

EG is pulling away, period.  Too much explosive slaying power on that roster.

It's a slow news day, we need something juicy to feed on.

Can't help but want to see Ola and 2gre back at it. Could see Ola join optic in place of contra which could be sweet.

Definitely see something happening with c9 and I hope the best for Ninja. Hard worker, supportive teammate, and really the face of halo in my eyes now.

Hopefully season 2 starts of strong and we have an even better version of the game by then. Miss halo so much and LoL is really starting to weigh down on me.

They've been beaten badly in the grand-finals by EG in each of the past two events.  And like someone else pointed out already; teams like Cloud 9 are even starting to challenge CLG (Gamers4Giving) whereas that same C9 team still gets smashed by EG.

EG is pulling away, period.  Too much explosive slaying power on that roster.

C9 was probably the second most practiced team going into that last tournament next to EG. They were scrimming almost every night and running PGL's. CLG's practice after G4G was closer to something like Str8.They were not on as a team practicing every night like other teams.

Can't help but want to see Ola and 2gre back at it. Could see Ola join optic in place of contra which could be sweet.

Definitely see something happening with c9 and I hope the best for Ninja. Hard worker, supportive teammate, and really the face of halo in my eyes now.

Hopefully season 2 starts of strong and we have an even better version of the game by then. Miss halo so much and LoL is really starting to weigh down on me.

I would bet money Ola wouldn't go to optic, nothing against those guys, but I would be blown away if that happened.

T2 was the Bait a lot of the Time while he was pushing forward doing objective... 2008 and 2009 are a bit more sketchy in years for the "Duo" theory... But if you look at the names listed, and you know your halo history... You should see a correlation

I disagree, I could see a correlation between one duo being on a team, but two for all those national championships? Not a chance.

edit; I also disagree with the "T2 was the Bait a lot of the Time while he was pushing forward doing objective", if you know your halo history, you wouldn't of typed this. Not to say he never did obj, but you make him out to be a lunchbox/heinz, he wasn't.

I would bet money Ola wouldn't go to optic, nothing against those guys, but I would be blown away if that happened.

Yeah it's a long shot idea and the more I think about it the worse it sounds but the Optic name would be pretty incredible to be a part of and in the past Halo players seem to be drawn to the idea of being the puzzle piece that really improves a team.