CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If it makes you feel better, I like your name and avatar.

Thanks, Just a bit annoyed I set everyone into angry mob mode.... I still think CLG needs Ola for Heinz if they want to be able to dominate their opponents.... I'm just sad that my guile was not challenged by post and not just immediately attacked with negative reps..... I changed my bad post to be more humorous if you look back at it. Also I feel the people being negative towards Contra are unfounded, If you're going to lose... You want to lose on an equal footing. I feel stating frustration is human, and it's the human connection (the drama), that makes Halo interesting :)

If you guys notice on day 1 everybody was using Astros and then on Day2/3 everybody was using bigger bulkier headsets along with earbuds in for noise canceling white noise.

So whatever Contra and RyaNoob are saying about Day 1 is true. Without noise canceling and white noise it allows the ability of players to sometimes hear the commentators talking about the game while it is going on and adjust. People watching the stream at home don't get that while you hear the commentators on the stream their voice is also being played at the event to the live audience and if it is too loud the players will be able to hear it.

I'm saying tho, what can dudes like Munoz and Gabriel do to not get washed out the tournament.

You can't honestly tell me only the old heads can match up in Halo. Are we really gonna only see dudes that's been competing since 08 winning tournaments?

No amount of practice and dedication will mean anything if you don't have "it". A lot of these younger guys simply don't have "it".

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I would love so much to see a new guard team come together, e.g.:

Snakebite, Royal 2, Ninja, Contra

just to see the raw slay. I feel like it would be so difficult to win individual battles against such a team that beating them would be really hard. Course, everyone's probably right that CLG should stay together, but I can imagine.

Honestly, I could care less, I mean, sure, other people might care here and want to hear the full story but I highly doubt you can say anything that'll change myself and few other's minds.

But I'm sure losing to a team YOU specifically trashed publicly on Twitter is a pretty salty scenario, doesn't surprise me to see you here backing up the other horrendously performing team/player.

This is akin to a team blaming the refs for the L. Good teams will own up to the shitty performance and not persevering in the face of adversity, others will put the blame elsewhere.

Don't act like we didn't see you make some pretty horrible plays out there, BTW, but I'm sure you'll come on here tomorrow saying we don't understand and that its #indescribable. ;)

see this is why I said to hold onto speculations until after the video. In no way does what I have to say scapegoat the fact that we lost. All I could think during the event was that the games were close and the series were fun as fuck. Phone is dying, again, explaining tomorrow
  • Upvote (+1) 1

i did hear the white noise on stream. when they switched betwen played you can hear some static. i am pretty sure that is the same issues that ryanoob and contra are talking about.

no

In regards to all these issues at HCS Finals. The morning before the matches we were advised by ESL that they were not using the Soundproof Plantronics/earbuds combo because they tested the mics and said they didn't sound good (volume was too low). So they decided to switch to Astro A40s and white noise machines to block out the crowd/Casters. Safe to say that day was full of technical problems. One side of the stage was a little bit better than the other but both sides had issues. Either the White noise was way too loud or the person on the far left had a very hard time hearing the person on the far right. The coaches and players complained to the ESL admins on stage regarding these issues as we refused to play with such quality with so much on the line. They tried their best to figure out some of these issues during the day. At times, i'll admit like Contra said, they would just fiddle a bit with wires and just say "yea that's the best we can do at this point" and you had to deal with it. So really I wouldn't say any team was at a disadvantage because everyone was complaining about it. ESL did however do a good job of listening to our feedback and improving these issues for Day 2-3. They switched back to the Sound Proof Plantronics/Earbud combo which worked A LOT better than the A40s/Whitenoise. There was little technical difficulties here and there but for the most part it was a lot smoother than Day 1. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really don't know why you guys think Ola is going to allow CLG to 3-0 EG every time. These are the two top teams. One team practiced way more than the other this season.

I don't think that... Everytime is fanboy delusional. However Ola is very hungry right now, and with the Ogre and Ola as a duo along with snakebite and royal2, 3-0'ing EG is a very secure possiblity... With Heinz it is not :/

no

you guys probably heard something else/talking about something else.

when they switched into listen ins on the stream I did hear static especially on Heinz and clearly remember it. However it was not a lot.

I don't think that... Everytime is fanboy delusional. However Ola is very hungry right now, and with the Ogre and Ola as a duo along with snakebite and royal2, 3-0'ing EG is a very secure possiblity... With Heinz it is not :/

I don't understand why you think two "duos" are necessary for success.

Are Lethul and Snipedown a duo?

No, but Roy and Lunchbox are.

They just shouldn't cast to the live crowd if trying to soundproof headsets gets to be such a problem

• Upvote (+1) 2

What's with the Heinz hate? He's consistently been a great player and has one poor tournament. Even then there is more to a team and a performance than K/D Ratio, or stats in general. However if you want to look at stats, he had the Most Assists on his team, most Ball time and Hill time (roughly 30% for both) and had a large number of Flag and Bomb pulls. Doing those things will necessarily put you in a position where it is easier to die, and thats ok. I can't comment definitively on attitude, but he's always seemed very positive in my time knowing him, and thats priceless in a teammate.

To top it off, Heinz is one of the more dedicated and driven pros (IMO), as most are, and it's unfair to say 'Oh, well Ola is hungrier'.

CLG placed 2nd, and on a different day could have been the ones coming from the winners final and everything could have been different. If and only if you start hearing rumors from CLG that their are disagreements or whatever, should you start calling for a players head.

• Upvote (+1) 1

To those saying theres no money in Halo...

Any member of EG made about $15,000 in the last four weeks not including sponsor/twitch money. With a 25k event less than a month away it's hard to complain. 

Not saying it's on par with other games, but these guys can make a decent living.

Doesn't Look good for Astro if the Pros are using Earbuds and Soundproof headphones. Also the New Astro Mixamps are Garbage vs the Older version,

What's with the Heinz hate? He's consistently been a great player and has one poor tournament. Even then there is more to a team and a performance than K/D Ratio, or stats in general. However if you want to look at stats, he had the Most Assists on his team, most Ball time and Hill time (roughly 30% for both) and had a large number of Flag and Bomb pulls. Doing those things will necessarily put you in a position where it is easier to die, and thats ok. I can't comment definitively on attitude, but he's always seemed very positive in my time knowing him, and thats priceless in a teammate.

To top it off, Heinz is one of the more dedicated and driven pros (IMO), as most are, and it's unfair to say 'Oh, well Ola is hungrier'.

CLG placed 2nd, and on a different day could have been the ones coming from the winners final and everything could have been different. If and only if you start hearing rumors from CLG that their are disagreements or whatever, should you start calling for a players head.

Yes.... Watch this
dank tGandhi starts talking about Lethul and SnipeDown around 3:56. A Team has to work as a whole of course, but if you look at the winning teams throughout halo history, there's always the 2 duos within a team....

Sounds like soundproof booths would be a good idea for next season.  Theyre not cheap though so i can see them not wanting to invest.

Doesn't Look good for Astro if the Pros are using Earbuds and Soundproof headphones. Also the New Astro Mixamps are Garbage vs the Older version,

Says the guy reppin' Polk audio. Pft. 

:( I'm a fan of Heinz and I'm not calling for his head... But EG as it is, is basically another God Squad... And I feel the other members on CLG are better than Heinz.... CLG needs another five tool player to be able to consistently beat EG when EG are playing at their best. I'm a realistic fan of CLG... I am not trying to negate Heinz at all, Just giving my opinion...

Sounds like soundproof booths would be a good idea for next season.  Theyre not cheap though so i can see them not wanting to invest.

Idk the ones for CoD didn't really work according to pros and I'm assuming there's not magically better ones

They way Snip3down and Lethul described it was this, Snip3down is the hunter and Lethul is the bait.

They way Snip3down and Lethul described it was this, Snip3down is the hunter and Lethul is the bait.

This doesn't make much sense as they as very similar k/ds lol.