CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This is one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen on this website. I extremely doubt you've ever played at a Top 6/4 level enough to tell us ALL which horrible plays he made at the tournament. Also, you've never played in anything close to those situations to be able to understand how crucial communication is to every aspect of the game, which there was none of.

As if Halo is the only "sport" where you need to perform to survive. I've been in similar situations under contract in a professional environment in other sports and not once have I ever blamed a loss or under-performance on anything but myself. Plain and simple you didn't adapt to the situation and figure out a way to overcome it. If you want to act like you would have placed higher if not for those issues go for it, but it won't make it true. 

Just for the record, responding to criticism as "the dumbest thing you've ever read" just further cements my point and shows what kind of player you are.

Better hope you never face adversity again, highly doubt you'll overcome it. 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I thought Mikwen was just being funny with these tweets during the event, but looking back it seems he was quite serious.

Screen_Shot_2015_03_09_at_8_05_12_PM.png

I thought Mikwen was just being funny with these tweets during the event, but looking back it seems he was quite serious.

Screen_Shot_2015_03_09_at_8_05_12_PM.png

That was during the 30 Sudden Death matches.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As if Halo is the only "sport" where you need to perform to survive. I've been in similar situations under contract in a professional environment in other sports and not once have I ever blamed a loss or under-performance on anything but myself. Plain and simple you didn't adapt to the situation and figure out a way to overcome it. If you want to act like you would have placed higher if not for those issues go for it, but it won't make it true. 

Just for the record, responding to criticism as "the dumbest thing you've ever read" just further cements my point and shows what kind of player you are.

1) tbh I don't care what you have to say about me as a person/player.

I'm saying it HERE (even though I've already said it) we probably still would've lost BOTH series.

1 thing I know for SURE, is that you're not understand the situation because you're not reading/taking what I'm saying LITERALLY.

2) Lets say you played football, and you weren't allowed to communicate to your team at all which play you were going to make.

Here's what YOU'RE assuming. YOU're assuming that I haven't made the most of the situation and taken every step possible to make the best out of a bad situation, and that I didn't learn a TON of shit from this tournament. It's funny that you bring this up because I tell people ALL the time that the best way to get better is to place all the blame on yourself (in the right way) to become the best person YOU can be, but this just wasn't one of those times. We were allowed to remove our headsets at ALL during each game.

Just, stop.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i did hear the white noise on stream. when they switched betwen played you can hear some static. i am pretty sure that is the same issues that ryanoob and contra are talking about.

i did hear the white noise on stream. when they switched betwen played you can hear some static. i am pretty sure that is the same issues that ryanoob and contra are talking about.

I watched the event live from the hotel/and watched the rebroadcast.  I didn't hear ANY of the white noise we were hearing in game. I know because the only sound that comes in through the Astro listen-in is what the players say through the microphone. Has nothing to do with the mixamp on stream.

aPG seemed to have the same problem as ryanoob and contra too. 

1) tbh I don't care what you have to say about me as a person/player.

I'm saying it HERE (even though I've already said it) we probably still would've lost BOTH series.

1 thing I know for SURE, is that you're not understand the situation because you're not reading/taking what I'm saying LITERALLY.

2) Lets say you played football, and you weren't allowed to communicate to your team at all which play you were going to make.

Here's what YOU'RE assuming. YOU're assuming that I haven't made the most of the situation and taken every step possible to make the best out of a bad situation, and that I didn't learn a TON of shit from this tournament. It's funny that you bring this up because I tell people ALL the time that the best way to get better is to place all the blame on yourself (in the right way) to become the best person YOU can be, but this just wasn't one of those times. We were allowed to remove our headsets at ALL during each game.

Just, stop.

A team that practiced a lot more and put a bit more dedication into it could have overcome a similar situation. Watching Eg, for example, they seem like they're always on the same page at all times. They know eachothers plan/direction and can almost sense if someone will be there to back them up or not. 

Like I said, if you went on Twitter and said, practicing a lot more would have prepared us for any and all situations, predicted or not, good or bad, would have helped. Instead you went on Twitter with a large, unprofessional rant about how the event was awful and whined about faulty tech. 

I'm sorry, but no matter how you spin it, it doesn't make you look good. I think you knew what you were getting into when you joined Optic too, btw. You could have looked at APGs reasoning and decided against it. Instead you made a conscious decision to join a team that doesn't practice.

Anyway you slice it the bad performance was on you. Next time don't say anything and be a bit more humble. "Hey guys, sorry I let you down, I'm going to look for the best place that fits me and grind as hard as I can".

Believe it or not, there are a lot of people here, including myself, that really looked up to you. Despite your experience, you were an underdog and had something to prove. Now you're just another whiney pro. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

aPG seemed to have the same problem as ryanoob and contra too. 

to be honest, I don't know how to respond to him saying they fixed it. They had NO solution to it for us.

I'm not necessarily agreeing with Contra's attitude in the team change or in responding to you, but your criticisms seem slightly ignorant, with all due respect. The fact that Ryanoob is backing Contra up on that should only cement it in your mind. If the headsets were messed up, the headsets were messed up. That's not adversity that Contra must overcome, that's just a shitty disadvantage that you have (in comparison to those teams whose headsets work correctly). Shouldn't be so quick to trash him/leap to conclusions

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'm not necessarily agreeing with Contra's attitude in responding to you, but your criticisms seem slightly ignorant, with all due respect. The fact that Ryanoob is backing Contra up on that should only cement it in your mind. If the headsets were messed up, the headsets were messed up. That's not adversity that Contra must overcome, that's just a shitty disadvantage that you have (in comparison to those teams whose headsets work correctly)

Using it as an excuse as to why they performed bad is BS. Saying it was a shitty part of the tournament is fine. 

The kid used it in his statement regarding his decision of leaving Optic. Major difference. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

Using it as an excuse as to why they performed bad is BS. Saying it was a shitty part of the tournament is fine. 

The kid used it in his statement regarding his decision of leaving Optic. Major difference. 

seems to me that Contra's owned up several times now to the reality that they would have lost regardless (which is probably true).

but yes it had no place in his reasoning for leaving Optic 

• Upvote (+1) 2

seems to me that Contra's owned up several times now to the reality that they would have lost regardless (which is probably true).

That's good, I get that he is doing that, but as someone who wanted to be his fan and follow his next moves and future Halo career, it's just a little discouraging for him to be blaming anything other than himself for the lack of performance. Doesn't really show that he knows what needs to change in order to get better. At least on the surface, which, as a fan, is all that we see. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I didn't mean for it to sound like a reason why I left, cause it wasn't. No matter what we placed, I was going to leave. I wasn't comfortable with how much we practiced. Almost NOTHING at Nationals swayed my decision to leave

I didn't mean for it to sound like a reason why I left, cause it wasn't. No matter what we placed, I was going to leave. I wasn't comfortable with how much we practiced. Almost NOTHING at Nationals swayed my decision to leave

Can you talk about your future options or plans yet? I think you could easily find a much more devoted squad, similar to APG/Noble. 

Damn heinz went -103 out of 20 games....bad overall tournament but what a time to do bad...the Season 1 finals?

Probably has a lot to do with why people are saying for CLG to pick up Pistola and Drop Heinz

• Upvote (+1) 1

to be honest, I don't know how to respond to him saying they fixed it. They had NO solution to it for us.

maybe there was different staff during the Noble vs Vibe series? idk I wasn't there so idk if they had the same staff/refs working the entire event or what. Try asking him if it was Small that he asked or somebody else. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can you talk about your future options or plans yet? I think you could easily find a much more devoted squad, similar to APG/Noble. 

I don't 100% know what I'm doing yet, I definitely know who I want to team with and my sights are always set on 1st place.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't 100% know what I'm doing yet, I definitely know who I want to team with and my sights are always set on 1st place.

Well, I'm super excited. I feel like there's definitely a lot of potential and change-ups going to happen before S2. Hope you land on your feet.

GL next season. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

That was during the 30 Sudden Death matches.

That's why I thought he was joking.

But, maybe he was serious. That either CLG or NB was being rigged against? Idk.

• Downvote (-1) 2

I'm saying tho, what can dudes like Munoz and Gabriel do to not get washed out the tournament.

You can't honestly tell me only the old heads can match up in Halo. Are we really gonna only see dudes that's been competing since 08 winning tournaments?

The top 3 teams of Season 1 have no need to make changes. I couldn't really see Heinz being dropped from CLG with him being captain and Noble Black really just has to stick together.

All you guys have to do is post the twitter url

example:

https://twitter.com/OpTicFlamesword/status/575095611629920257

and it will show like

• Upvote (+1) 1