CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This wasn't black and white at all, everyone knows his biggest thing he brings to the table is sniping, with a map that has 5 gametypes on with no sniper it's obviously going to affect how much he can do. Of course he can anchor his team with slaying, did you ever see him play amp? One of the best players on that map.

so what's your point?  I wouldn't say it affects what he can do...him just slaying on any map with or without sniper is consistently better than anyone

and slaying to me doesnt mean he's mindlessly killing people, it's that his skill level is higher than other like his br/sniper/positioning/awareness/predicting....I dont like the blanket term of "slayer" like hes just a slayer!  roy does everything!  snipedown does everything too.

yeah, that esportsearnings website isn't 100% accurate. It says Contra's team that he went with to UGC St. Louis(Randa, Arkanum, and Blaze) was under the name Crowd Pleasers when they actually went as Noble Black.  

That seems to be UGC's fault. They have Noble and CP's rosters flipped around on their official results page.

Im not to sure. Optic do nothing to promote Halo. Have you seen the EG twitter? They are literally tweeting out whats happening all the time even Monstor and other sponsors are tweeting it out.

Tweets are cool...but seeing an optic team consistently perform well and compete for 1st will do much more for the community. No one wants to watch and support a team of players that aren't dedicated to winning.

• Upvote (+1) 2

EDITED POST- The writer of this post died because he was cheeky and called out Ogre 2 to replace Heinz with Ola.. If he had just stated his opinion without the cheekiness, the hierarchy of the forum wouldn't of had to kill him with negative rep points....insubordination to the hierarchy of the fourum by Cheekiness, results in death by negative rep points.... New forum posters You have been Warned...

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 17

Really? Ahawowwow and Phade you should give reason for not agreeing with me, don't hide behind your negative points.... I like Richie, but I'm being realistic as a CLG fan... If you don't agree explain why?

Im not to sure. Optic do nothing to promote Halo. Have you seen the EG twitter? They are literally tweeting out whats happening all the time even Monstor and other sponsors are tweeting it out.

Speaking of team twitters, EG/CLG/Denial have been really supportive with the Beyond twitter for sometime now with RT's during and between events, props to them.

• Upvote (+1) 3

so what's your point?  I wouldn't say it affects what he can do...him just slaying on any map with or without sniper is consistently better than anyone

and slaying to me doesnt mean he's mindlessly killing people, it's that his skill level is higher than other like his br/sniper/positioning/awareness/predicting....I dont like the blanket term of "slayer" like hes just a slayer!  roy does everything!  snipedown does everything too.

I'll try put it this way. I feel no matter what map Roy is on he's 100%, but snipedown is 99% on maps without a sniper, 100% on maps with them. I don't know a better way to put this.

I just started... I guess you like to cut people down before they start :/

It's not about when you start. I'd have negged Cyren if he had made that post.

It was the "you know it makes sense" "think about it ;)" attitude that made it sound like you think you know what Ogre 2 needs to do more than he does.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's not about when you start. I'd have negged Cyren if he had made that post.

Come on man, I'm not that dumb.

CLG shouldn't split up.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm not saying he's lying as I already posted, I'm saying was it possible for him/his team to push more to get the problem sorted? If not, then that sucks, if they did then this should be looked at for future events so the same thing doesn't happen, nothing worse than playing uncomfortably.

I literally told Small that I was NOT playing unless it was fixed, after waiting a bit, I was told that's the best they can do. I can't speak for other teams but I didn't hear ONE team complain about the sound from the lower seeded side of the stage. The reason that everything sounded great to the viewers and not to the players is because you don't hear the game sound/white noise that we heard

Not only was our side in GENERAL a worse side to communicate amongst teammates, MY mixamp/SOMETHING put ME and an even bigger disadvantage than my teammates since they could BARELY hear me (speaking carefully here) and I could BARELY hear them. On top of that, My master volume on the mixamp was ALL the way up along with the game/voice nob turned all the way to voice, even further compromising our gameplay.

To whoever says that I'm complaining because I lost...smh. There have been COUNTLESS events where I've placed TERRIBLY and admitted they were still the best events I've ever been to.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It brings me great joy when people think they know whos going where and what players are leaving lol

You'll tell me though right? :P

There were also several times I can point out specifically IN game that our lack of being able to listen cost us HUGE positions/power weapons on the map on Shrine specifically where I died with Rockets, screamed as loud as I could where I died at with them, and no one heard me.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I literally told Small that I was NOT playing unless it was fixed, after waiting a bit, I was told that's the best they can do. I can't speak for other teams but I didn't hear ONE team complain about the sound from the lower seeded side of the stage. The reason that everything sounded great to the viewers and not to the players is because you don't hear the game sound/white noise that we heard

Not only was our side in GENERAL a worse side to communicate amongst teammates, MY mixamp/SOMETHING put ME and an even bigger disadvantage than my teammates since they could BARELY hear me (speaking carefully here) and I could BARELY hear them. On top of that, My master volume on the mixamp was ALL the way up along with the game/voice nob turned all the way to voice, even further compromising our gameplay.

To whoever says that I'm complaining because I lost...smh. There have been COUNTLESS events where I've placed TERRIBLY and admitted they were still the best events I've ever been to.

So the lower seeded side was screwy?

Only makes NB's run more impressive. :lol:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So the lower seeded side was screwy?

Only makes NB's run more impressive. :lol:

Literally the exact opposite of what I just said.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Literally the exact opposite of what I just said.

Ah, misunderstood. Sorry about that.

So the higher seed was at a disadvantage on at least day 1? Interesting.

Honestly, I could care less, I mean, sure, other people might care here and want to hear the full story but I highly doubt you can say anything that'll change myself and few other's minds.

But I'm sure losing to a team YOU specifically trashed publicly on Twitter is a pretty salty scenario, doesn't surprise me to see you here backing up the other horrendously performing team/player.

This is akin to a team blaming the refs for the L. Good teams will own up to the shitty performance and not persevering in the face of adversity, others will put the blame elsewhere.

Don't act like we didn't see you make some pretty horrible plays out there, BTW, but I'm sure you'll come on here tomorrow saying we don't understand and that its #indescribable. ;)

This is one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen on this website. I extremely doubt you've ever played at a Top 6/4 level enough to tell us ALL which horrible plays he made at the tournament. Also, you've never played in anything close to those situations to be able to understand how crucial communication is to every aspect of the game, which there was none of.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Ah, misunderstood. Sorry about that.

So the higher seed was at a disadvantage on at least day 1? Interesting.

Yup, I can't speak for Sat/Sun since we didn't play (ROFL) but I KNOW communication would've been better with that setup they had on the last 2 days. I've played under a similar setup (regarding the earbuds and Plantronics microphones) and can tell you I prefer that over ANYTHING at the tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I really don't know why you guys think Ola is going to allow CLG to 3-0 EG every time. These are the two top teams. One team practiced way more than the other this season.

No offense but placing top 6-4 now aint what it used to be. You wouldnt be on this team if everyone else didnt move on. It's just reality.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I just started... I guess you like to cut people down before they start :/

If it makes you feel better, I like your name and avatar.

I don't even know if we would've beaten Cloud 9 with better sound, and to be honest, I wouldn't disagree with anyone who says that we would've still lost.. because we didn't practice the right way/how much I wanted to. We did'NT get better as a team (imo) and that's all of our faults. We probably would've still lost both series tbh, but I'll never know and I'll always be a little frustrated at this event.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Come on man, I'm not that dumb.

CLG shouldn't split up.

As to me thinking I know better than the GOAT...Ahawowwow I was being cheeky (hence the wink at the end), but I guess I should apologise for my insubordination, to make such a crass move to call out Ogre 2 when I'm new to posting here... Otherwise no doubt I will be given negative points till death. I'm not new to this forum, just new to posting... The Finals spurred me to say something to what I felt was right (even if it was a bit cheeky). So I apologise for offending your position, of a veteran of the forum, with my cheekiness.....And Cyren I said for Ola to replace Heinz, not for CLG to split up. Peace ;)
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

There were also several times I can point out specifically IN game that our lack of being able to listen cost us HUGE positions/power weapons on the map on Shrine specifically where I died with Rockets, screamed as loud as I could where I died at with them, and no one heard me.

I do remember watching on stream wondering "why isnt contra saying anything?" Now we know. Sucks man, Good luck on S2.
  • Upvote (+1) 1