CyReN

Halo Championship Series Season 2 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

He didn't start placing well in 4v4 until H4. He didn't compete in H3 and only went to one event that I know of in Reach. (LBR6)

AGL events were eventually better probably because the 360 had LAN support...and H4 wasn't broken all to shit. I guess people are forgetting about AGL Chicago and AGL5 Nashville pretty quickly. Those were NIGHTMARES.

oh my bad then. I heard people in here say he had some top 8 finishes in H3 so I just assumed so. 

Optic not practicing is brutally obvious, which has been echoed by several, including apg and now contra. They have such a laid back mentality about the hcs in general, I think they wouldn't mesh well with someone like, lets say, Hysteria or Ninja(which are the two I heard thrown around). I think FiS would be a good match in terms of mentality.

They just need to consistently practice (just look at what Noble Black did with average talent/tons of grinding). To this point, EG has by far the most talented roster, and yet the practiced as much if not more than anybody. The fact that they were dominant shouldn't be a surprise.

keyword: practice

p.s.- reading my post over I realized I only referenced Cloud9 players as pickups for optic without thinking- guess I just don't see them sticking together.

I definitely want to hear what the experience I look forward to hearing that.

I do agree that you should never blame anything but yourself this soon after an event, even if everything you say is 100% true it never makes you look good.

I'lltry my best to explain it better even though iI am notoriously bad at explaining things
  • Upvote (+1) 1

It brings me great joy when people think they know whos going where and what players are leaving lol

Care to enlighten us? Or just going to post that and nothing else? We are speculating, at least from what I've read.

I think CLG is fine with their current roster. Eg honestly was just way more practiced than everyone else at the tourney. Someone mentioned in another post in the Season 1 thread that Royal 2 doesn't position himself as well as Roy or other players on EG, and I can definitely agree with it. He does stay alive and get kills but a lot of times he sits in one spot way too long trying to force a kill in that area, and he and Sbite almost refuse to do any objective work. They seem to be a little too stubborn and fixated in the way they play. Hopefully they can make some small changes for next season.

I think their current roster can win, but I am not sure if they can be dominate with that roster. They narrowly escaped being 3-0'd twice two tournaments in a row with two huge comeback wins, usually not the case with Ogre 2 teams in the past. With Ola, they could definitely be dominate.

I wouldn't mind seeing Ola on C9 for Ninja though, I just have a feeling that C9 will be making some roster changes.

Seems like a lot of blaming the event and not himself/the team.

No other team had issues grinding out and pushing forward in rank and success. Hate when players blame everybody but themselves. Such a classless, unprofessional thing to do.

I agree with this, not saying he's lying but if it was that big of an issue and affecting him that much surely he/his team would of made sure something got done about it?

It brings me great joy when people think they know whos going where and what players are leaving lol

Cloud9

Sudd1 - sudd2 - warheads mascot - hysteria

• Upvote (+1) 4

You know Talent is not Lil Talent, right? 

Tell that to esportsearnings and Contra himself on Twitter?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Tell that to esportsearnings and Contra himself on Twitter?

Talent is not Lil Talent.

Talent = Talent

LiL Talent = Contra

• Upvote (+1) 2

I agree with this, not saying he's lying but if it was that big of an issue and affecting him that much surely he/his team would of made sure something got done about it?

In Contra's message he said he was trying to get something done but they were having none of it.

we were told that fair play was in effect and that both teams had disadvantages. This was not the case and again, I'll get more into it tomorrow. Try not to speculate against contra, he is correct.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Talent is not Lil Talent.

Talent = Talent

LiL Talent = Contra

That's so weird. Contra himself told us that it was him, either he's lying or mistook the question. Esportsearnings also has him listed as the guy who placed 7th at Dallas 09.

In Contra's message he said he was trying to get something done but they were having none of it.

An unemployed people can say they are trying to get a job. There's trying to get a job then there's TRYING to get a job.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

we were told that fair play was in effect and that both teams had disadvantages. This was not the case and again, I'll get more into it tomorrow. Try not to speculate against contra, he is correct.

I'm not saying he's lying as I already posted, I'm saying was it possible for him/his team to push more to get the problem sorted? If not, then that sucks, if they did then this should be looked at for future events so the same thing doesn't happen, nothing worse than playing uncomfortably.

I think his sniping is levels above anyone else, so i dont want to overlook that, but he also slays really well on any map with or without sniper. I think people really undervalue his smarts and his br is as good as anyones. Id say him n roy had the best tournaments.

This is why I don't like posting sometimes lol, it has to be black and white with most people. Without a doubt he is the best sniper right now. He has great smarts and has an incredible BR, better than most I'd say. I just think roy is the better *overall* player.

Honestly, I could care less, I mean, sure, other people might care here and want to hear the full story but I highly doubt you can say anything that'll change myself and few other's minds. 

But I'm sure losing to a team YOU specifically trashed publicly on Twitter is a pretty salty scenario, doesn't surprise me to see you here backing up the other horrendously performing team/player. 

This is akin to a team blaming the refs for the L. Good teams will own up to the shitty performance and not persevering in the face of adversity, others will put the blame elsewhere. 

Don't act like we didn't see you make some pretty horrible plays out there, BTW, but I'm sure you'll come on here tomorrow saying we don't understand and that its #indescribable. ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

This is why I don't like posting sometimes lol, it has to be black and white with most people. Without a doubt he is the best sniper right now. He has great smarts and has an incredible BR, better than most I'd say. I just think roy is the better *overall* player.

if anything your previous post saying 5/11 games are on warlock as a detractor is "black and white"...snipedown anchors that team with his slaying.  it doesnt matter if there's a sniper or not.

That's so weird. Contra himself told us that it was him, either he's lying or mistook the question. Esportsearnings also has him listed as the guy who placed 7th at Dallas 09.

yeah, that esportsearnings website isn't 100% accurate. It says Contra's team that he went with to UGC St. Louis(Randa, Arkanum, and Blaze) was under the name Crowd Pleasers when they actually went as Noble Black.  

Flamesword and gang are using the Optic name in the worst way. They don't practice a lot and come to events expecting to place well...that makes no sense. That brand could do so much for Halo if it was utilized properly. Smh.

Idk man ive got some pretty dank smoothies out of it   :ghost:

Really though, I believe Flamesword is doing a good job at promoting Halo as, quite simply, he has a lot of YT subs and talks about the HCS. Perhaps not enough, but it's more than what the average person is doing.

Talent is not Lil Talent. The team that placed 7th at Dallas was comprised of Talent, TwYlight, aPG, and BatMayne. Go search for old VoD's of that team on youtube or something and you will see that Talent is not Lil Talent.

if anything your previous post saying 5/11 games are on warlock as a detractor is "black and white"...snipedown anchors that team with his slaying.  it doesnt matter if there's a sniper or not.

This wasn't black and white at all, everyone knows his biggest thing he brings to the table is sniping, with a map that has 5 gametypes on with no sniper it's obviously going to affect how much he can do. Of course he can anchor his team with slaying, did you ever see him play amp? One of the best players on that map.

Flamesword and gang are using the Optic name in the worst way. They don't practice a lot and come to events expecting to place well...that makes no sense. That brand could do so much for Halo if it was utilized properly. Smh.

Im not to sure. Optic do nothing to promote Halo. Have you seen the EG twitter? They are literally tweeting out whats happening all the time even Monstor and other sponsors are tweeting it out.

Also, not entirely sure how reddit works, but the HCS promotion thread on the Xbox dash on r/xboxone got over 1k "upvotes" (I assume). Should be a clear sign to the Xbox team for next time.

:weback: