Red7101

OT of Halo Lore Discussion

For anyone unaware, next episode of HTT will be out Monday instead of the usual Tuesday release.

I'm more hype than skype.

Damn the ending of HTT was crazy.

I feel like the current in-lore era is reaching more and more Lovecraftian weirdness. Say what you will with how 343i designed Forerunner tech, but it really fits considering the state of affairs.

Let me preface by saying Halo 5's lore wasn't all it could be, but it isn't exactly a bad story sans the Warden Eternal and the whole Domain tailspin.

But it's as bipolar as a JRPG, I'll have to confess.

Which is better, Halopedia or halo.wikia.org?

Halopedia. A lot more objective content, but Wikia is improving. They (wikia) need to order information better though.

Speaking of Lore if the Flood do not appear in Halo 6 I'll be kinda pissed. It seems fitting for the sixth game to include the Flood returning to an extent even, and if push comes to shove Halo 7 should truly unleash the horror of the Flood if 343i drops the ball on Halo 6.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halopedia. A lot more objective content, but Wikia is improving. They (wikia) need to order information better though.

Speaking of Lore if the Flood do not appear in Halo 6 I'll be kinda pissed. It seems fitting for the sixth game to include the Flood returning to an extent even, and if push comes to shove Halo 7 should truly unleash the horror of the Flood if 343i drops the ball on Halo 6.

Thanks man.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So... Any guesses on the post-Escalation Halo comic series?

Spartan Brian Reed & Friends: Adventure into Complete ******ation

Spartan Brian Reed & Friends: Adventure into Complete ******ation

Spartan Palmer isn't no FOEHAMMER, that's for sure.

Fuck. I miss Carol Rawley so much. We're never getting another one of her are we?

Halo: Escalation got put out of its misery, and unfortunately it makes Halo 5's plot look seamless...

What a goddamn shame.

If Halo is being strung on for thirty plus years, what would be the chances of it getting the Disney treatment?

100% chance. They'll milk this for everything they got. Can't wait to see boring ass Locke take on more robots and aliens in Halo 47: Electric Boogaloo

It really irks me how none of the Halo 4/5 marines don't wear anything cross-compatible with Spartan IV's, or even legacy MJOLNIR...

We went from this: Bits and pieces of Military Police, Recon, ODST and more...

Reach_UNSC_Marine_-_shin_guards.png

To this: Some bizarre Marvel/DC Universe getup

H4-UNSCMarineVariants.jpg

CE marines are still the only good/recognizable marines in the series.

I think Reach varied them the best however, there were your light armored NPC's, mechanics, and the vacuum suited units. You also had recognizable armor pieces actually usable (like GUNGNIR and Base Security, Military Police, etc.). Halo 4's looked straight out of Star Wars.

CE marines are still the only good/recognizable marines in the series.

CE Anniversary Marines wipe the floor with them tho.

Although I agree that H2, H3, H4, H5 are quite bad if you look back at them...