Proto

HCS Season 1 Feedback & Suggestions Thread

Personally i hate the 4 player view.

I know they do it because the game is very slow and nothing is happening but when something major happens it's very hard to follow...

IDK who Simms is but he is an amazing commentator, so enjoyable to listen too.

Will edit more when i have time.

• Upvote (+1) 5

During downtime play videos that explain the callouts for each map

Casuals hate "listen ins" cause it sounds like gibberish to them

• Upvote (+1) 4

The quad view is bad. During those OT games between NB and CLG, the player names covered up the score and time in the final seconds--obviously incredibly important. 

Even the caster in the heat of the moment said "I can't see the time or score but..."

Other than that though good stuff

@@Proto, are you saying all Slayer games should restart at 0-0, or just in the case of two teams being tied?

• Upvote (+1) 2

#SimmsForSeason2

Great tourney all round if i'm honest, thoroughly enjoyed it and it was probably the best Halo i've watched in a long time.

Now, more maps please?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Having the lower seed needing to take 2 series to win in the grand finals is unfair imo.

• Downvote (-1) 12

I would stop watching when the four person point of view came on.

Simms and Walshy best thing since Gandhi and Maven 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Walshy to cast every game ever.

Do continuation series if they've played before.

More maps, PLEASE.

edit; lots, lots more listen ins. Casting is great but I prefer listening to the players, that's why I watch so many scrims on twitch.

Event was ran brilliantly.

The transition to four player split screen needs to be removed or sped up significantly. A lot of big kills were missed because of it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Please get another Color commentator.

The caster line-up for PAX East had 3 Play-by-Play (Goldenboy, Bravo, and Simms) and 1 Color (Walshy).  Having two Play-by-Play commentators leads to either them talking over each other, or re-iterating one another, with no real informative explanation as to why players are doing what they're doing, or why a team is failing / succeeding.

• Upvote (+1) 3

A lot of good and bad. Quality of LAN events has been getting much better.

Obviously there's more suddle things that need to be tweaked and/or fixed.

Like understanding when a team goes through a draining series, they may need more time before starting another series.

This happened to CLG and Denial. After Denial lost to CLG, they immediately played NB. Give teams some time to recover.

Also better integration of EU teams.

Also, online cups are still a mess.

It should also be required for at least member of a team to stream to participate in an online cup.

Having the lower seed needing to take 2 series to win in the grand finals is unfair imo.

Has nothing to do with seeds.

To get eliminated from a double-elimination tournament, you need to lose 2 series'.

If they lost the first set of the Grand Finals, it'd still be only 1 series loss.

Also, why when a game ends in a tie due to a malfunction do they not just replay from 0-0? The denial/clg game? ended 16-16 due to a controller fault or w/e it was, why play to 34? Saw a lot of casuals in the chat confused when this happened.

The thing is, Bravo can break the game down. He knows Halo, hes done it before if you followed his YT back before he went to 343 he broke down gameplay on videos.

Why he decides not to slow down and turn into a color/analyst I don't understand.

It's not the lower seed, but the team coming from the loser's bracket.

And it's fair

Also, why when a game ends in a tie due to a malfunction do they not just replay from 0-0? The denial/clg game? ended 16-16 due to a controller fault or w/e it was, why play to 34? Saw a lot of casuals in the chat confused when this happened.

That was a rule added in mid-season.

Instead of replaying from the start, they replay from the point of issue.

But, it should be noted that if an issue occurs, the game should end immediately.

Not reported after the game is over, and start over.

Ie; when Flamesword went blackscreen vs CLG (at G4G). And they played out the game just to replay from the point anyways.

Gave Optic 2 chances to win 1 game.

It's not the lower seed, but the team coming from the loser's bracket.

And it's fair

I disagree, say team a wins against team b in the winners finals 3-2, team b makes the run back to grand finals, first series 3-0 team b then second series 3-2 team a, team b has beat them 7 times overall that event whilst team a who won only beat team b 6 times.

Doesn't seem fair.

That was a rule added in mid-season.

Instead of replaying from the start, they replay from the point of issue.

But, it should be noted that if an issue occurs, the game should end immediately.

Not reported after the game is over, and start over.

Ie; when Flamesword went blackscreen vs CLG (at G4G). And they played out the game just to replay from the point anyways.

Gave Optic 2 chances to win 1 game.

Yes I am fully aware of this and all that has happened this season, what I'm saying has nothing to do with that, I'm saying that if the game is at a draw when the functional happens, whether it be 1-1 or 49-49, why not just replay it? No team has an advantage score wise.

I disagree, say team a wins against team b in the winners finals 3-2, team b makes the run back to grand finals, first series 3-0 team b then second series 3-2 team a, team b has beat them 7 times overall that event whilst team a who won only beat team b 6 times.

Doesn't seem fair.

It's series', not individual games.

If you take 2 series', you win.

Yes I am fully aware of this and all that has happened this season, what I'm saying has nothing to do with that, I'm saying that if the game is at a draw when the functional happens, whether it be 1-1 or 49-49, why not just replay it? No team has an advantage score wise.

Because of time restraints for events.

It's series', not individual games.

If you take 2 series', you win.

Because of time restraints for events.

Yes I understand it is series, imo though the team that wins more overall games against the other should win.

Also good point on time restraints.

Awesome season 1, especially with the circumstances halo faced in the past 5 months..

Improvements for season 2:

1. More maps and maybe dipping into other halo map pools- For example- Sanctuary, Warlord, Midship, Pit, Narrows, Chill out, etc

2. More Commentators-  My lineup for season 2 would be Walshy, Simms, Goldenboy, Bravo, Ghandi and Maven

3; More social media involvement informing and engaging the masses- Via Xbox dashboard, twitter, IG, etc- Utilize giveaways here- "Tweet the stream to be entered in a chance to win a pair of A40s/BenQ monitor/Shirt/etc"

4. Maybe rework Overtime rules? However the NB vs CLG series went down in the halo history books so idk how i feel about it at the moment haha. 

Overall season 1 was solid considering the circumstances and excited to see some good competition in the future. 

Yes I understand it is series, imo though the team that wins more overall games against the other should win.

Also good point on time restraints.

I find sometimes winning series' 3-2 is way more impressive than 3-0ing a team.

Like, I'm more impressed of EG coming back from down 2-1 to CLG when CLG was fresh.

But them dominating 3-0 a tired CLG? Not overly impressive.

Like, I'm more impressed of EG coming back from down 2-1 to CLG when CLG was fresh.

I guess it's always going to be like that. For e.g we've seen way closer 3-0 series compared to some 3-2 series, as strange as that sounds.

You're talking about context, not the score.

It'd be more impressive if EG beat a fresh CLG 3-0.

I would like to see quad view removed. I would rather have one pov of one player on both teams in standoffs, so you can see how both teams maneuver at the same time.