Scarecrow

Microsoft to release new controller for serious gamers.

Thank god, hopefully it's a decent product

I'm getting sick of buying controllers that are DESIGNED to fail after a certain amount of wear

Hopefully it's decent and it makes sense $ wise

• Upvote (+1) 2

Found a leaked picture of it.

mNfJriFhklersnOyrU8kfGw.jpg

Don't play with my emotions like that. Loved the Duke!

Big hands crew

• Upvote (+1) 2

:salt:

The current controller is seriously overpriced. 

Now competitive players will need to buy this new controller to stay competitive?

They should focus on improving the current controller instead of having two.

:salt:

The current controller is seriously overpriced. 

Now competitive players will need to buy this new controller to stay competitive?

They should focus on improving the current controller instead of having two.

My guess is that the new controller(If it ends up happening) would be similar to something like a Scuf, so designed to keep your thumbs on the joystick, possibly a vibration toggle button, have the triggers not go down quite as far, maybe some rubber or something on it for increased grip.

• Upvote (+1) 5

It will more than likely be a Scuf like controller. I'd hope its a cheaper alternative too. The cheapest you can get a Scuf One is like $140 which is absurd for four extra buttons and paddles.

Just make the controller smaller. Matter of fact just just make the 360 wired one compatible so I can use it. Cronus one won't work for me cause you can't use headsets with it

Big hands crew

fuzzy little man peach

Big hands crew

No... just no, the duke man. No.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

First thing I complained about was how loose they were.

So many jokes. Just... so many.

• Upvote (+1) 1

All I want is a Bone controller with [programmable] paddles on the back and doesn't cost well over $100.

possibly a vibration toggle button, have the triggers not go down quite as far, maybe some rubber or something on it for increased grip.

snoop.gif

• Upvote (+1) 7

i'll def be coppin this. I already have one controller with drift on the left stick....sigh....shouldn't have to own multiple controllers just to enjoy a shooter

Was just about to drop 200 on a battle beaver. Now I may wait. I am sure the MS controller will be much cheaper. 

My guess is that the new controller(If it ends up happening) would be similar to something like a Scuf, so designed to keep your thumbs on the joystick, possibly a vibration toggle button, have the triggers not go down quite as far, maybe some rubber or something on it for increased grip.

Flexible too?

Scuf's are damn expensive, are they "worth it"? I dont know. I paid 376$ CDN for mine. But damn, a Scuf with Kontrol Freeks is the most comfortable controller I have ever held. I cant go back to a regular controller 

Hopefully they improve the resistance on the thumbsticks. First thing I complained about was how loose they were.

I actually prefer them. Easier to be more precise.

Microsoft spent 100 million dollar on R&D for the current Xbox One pad, seeing them going for another controller somehow makes me wonder what their R&D crew spent all the money for

so for me this news sounds like a made-up thing, if anything they built it on top of the current controller system

or they have long-term plans for a new controller in regards to their VR programm

anyhow in my oppinion it cannot get better than this controller, my first choice for the MCC :)

66001a9c6337ebdc9aec469509f8c1594d776c13

Want list:

Higher Tension in thumbsticks

A Thumbstick without that little ridge on the inside edge of the rubber

Connection that has a mechanism to lock the USB cable in

Slightly shorter trigger pull distance

Bumpers easier to hit

Programmable bumpers on the underside 

Rubber grip

Vibration toggle on the controller (to avoid issues like H5 beta)

interested in this. Not impressed with Scuf at all. I ordered the barebones One and followed up with an order for the grippy handles. Pretty sure the mold the supplier is using is off because I received at least 3 sets of those grips, all of them fit terribly on the right hand side. The last time I specifically asked them to just please test them out to make sure they fit. Still off. Just unbelievably poor quality control.