YoshinJaa

Repopulate Shadowrun

PomRmGx.png

Shadowrun for Xbox 360 and Windows Vista/7/8

Cross-Platform game play between both systems

Shadowrun was originally a role-playing game that debut on SNES and Sega Genesis. The game series was later developed into a first-person shooter game for Xbox 360 and originally Windows Vista on May 29, 2007 by FASA Studio. This game supports cross-platform game play between Xbox 360 and PC players. The first-person shooter (what this thread is pertaining to) is loosely based on the RPG elements of it's predecessors. Shadowrun was considered by many as one of the best console competitive shooters of all time, on the same page as Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2. Shadowrun (Xbox 360) was even played at several MLG tournaments.

Shadowrun's ingenuity comes in at it's mix between magic and technology. This amazing blend of conventional shooting and 'abilities,' creates a game that inspires strategy and communication in it's highest form. The purpose of this thread is to reach out to the newer generation of gamers and veterans of competitive shooters, as well as unite the PC and console communities. Shadowrun truly is an underrated, but highly skillful game that rewards teamwork and effort. 

tNTjpps.jpg

The Xbox 360 version shows the RNA Corp. faction on its cover, while the PC version shows the Lineage. 

Game Features

- Cross-Platform gaming between both versions

- TrueSkill Matchmaking for both versions (includes cross-platforming)

- Tutorial system so you can learn how to play 

- Uses a Buy and Round system similar to Counter-Strike

- Offline/Online bot matches 

Where can I buy Shadowrun?

Shadowrun is still easily obtainable in three ways. You can either download it from the Xbox 360 Marketplace, purchase a physical copy of either the Xbox 360 or PC version for cheap, or if you own the PC game, download an ISO in the case that your DVD is damaged in the next section. The game is roughly 3GB in size on either version.

Shadowrun Xbox 360 Digital Download via Xbox Live Marketplace ($14.99 USD):

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Shadowrun/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d5307d6

Shadowrun Physical Version via eBay (estimated $3-15 USD):

Xbox 360: http://goo.gl/r9anGU

PC: http://goo.gl/tUEWN2

Differences between the Xbox 360 and PC Versions:

Note** both versions do play at 30 FPS.

Xbox 360 version

+ Digital version is still accessible via Live Marketplace for instant download (and license transferring).

+ 360 Party chat and team communication may be more prevalent.  

+ Ease of use. Just buy and play.

- Requires Xbox Live Gold in order to play online and cross-platform

- Xbox 360 users can only voice chat with other 360 users due to the non-updated audio codec on the PC version (private chat still works).

PC version

+ Xbox Live Silver accounts can play online and cross-platform (basically eliminating the pay wall).

+ Can play using an Xbox One controller or any other compatible controller. 

+ Supports PC-only dedicated server software (this has not been tested if it is still accessible).

+ Higher end PC's should increase performance.

+ Graphically optimized, so it should not require additional steps to get it run smoothly (as long as you meet the minimum requirements).

- Does require some time and effort in order to get it setup on PC.

- Games for Windows Live Marketplace closure means no digital retail PC version is available.

- PC users can only voice chat with other PC users due to the non-updated audio codec on the PC version (private chat still works). 

PC Version Installation Guide

(Last updated: 3/29/2016)

THIS PC INSTALLATION GUIDE APPEARS TO NO LONGER BE WORKING WITH GAME ACTIVATION AFTER INSTALLATION. IT APPEARS THAT THE ACTIVATION SERVER IS NO LONGER ACCEPTING NEW INSTALL ACTIVATION. USE THIS GUIDE AT THE RISK THAT THE GAME MAY NOT LAUNCH CORRECTLY.

This guide assumes you own the retail PC DVD or Games for Windows Live Marketplace version (when it was available) and does not support piracy. Please only use this guide if you own the game and need assistance with installation.

PC minimum requirements:

OS: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 (may require Vista compatibility to be set on Windows 7 and higher)

Processor: Dual Core CPU

Memory: 2GB RAM, at least 4.5GB Hard Drive Space free

Video: NVIDIA 7800 or ATI X1800 256MB Memory or higher

Network: Ethernet, Wireless connections

**higher end PC's should see an increase in performance.**

You will need to obtain a compatible Games for Windows Live (GFWL) product key that is usable for Shadowrun. The following games are compatible for use for activating Shadowrun and must be obtained first before playing:

• Batman: Arkham Asylum
  • Battlestations: Pacific 
  • Bioshock 2
  • Fallout 3
  • Fallout 3: Game Of The Year Edition
  • FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage
  • FUEL 
  • Gears of War 
  • Grand Theft Auto IV
  • Halo 2
  • Hour of Victory
  • Juiced 2
  • Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
  • Legend of the Galactic Heroes
  • Osmos
  • Quantum of Solace
  • Red Faction: Guerrilla
  • Resident Evil 5
  • Shadowrun 
  • Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Republic Heroes
  • Stormrise
  • Street Fighter IV
  • The Club
  • Universe At War: Earth Assault
  • Vancouver 2010
  • Viva Piñata
  • Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II 
  • Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising
  • Where´s Waldo?
  • World of Goo

1. Download the ISO of the game (rzr-swrn.iso) from either
    Google Drive: 
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4fyNx1lBZCuTmZSNlFwc3B4Vk0/view?usp=sharing 
    OR 
    Mega: https://mega.nz/#!wxkUSDaL!qThxprYaSNCvx0_th4153gzmliEJ6JpLW6HxglFauao
  2. Download and install Daemon Tools Lite (or another ISO mounting program): http://www.disk-tools.com/download/daemon?utm_campaign=lite5&utm_source=landing&utm_medium=download
    This step may require a reboot of your computer before proceeding.
  3. Mount the downloaded ISO. Launch autorun.exe to start up the installation.
  4. Complete the setup. Setup may take some time depending on the speed of your computer. Once it is finished click Exit.
  5. Download and install Games for Windows Live Marketplace: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/pc/DownloadClient
    Once completed installation, click Close (no need to sign in here just need it for Live).
  6. Click Start, type Shadowrun, and launch it. 
  7. Product Activation Wizard will appear. You must click Activate Now.
  8. Enter the product key from your compatible GFWL title. (The previous key provided is blocked on the product activation server and has been removed).
    An Activation Error may appear. If so, Click on Activate by Telephone. Set Region to United States and call 1-866-740-1256. Complete the product activation prompts (I do suggest muting your phone and using the keypad for responding instead of voice). Once verified, enter in the numbers given into boxes A-H and then click Next. Your game should now be activated and will launch.
  9. Sign into Live or download your profile. Once signed in, download the latest Title Update and the game will restart.
  10. Sign back into Live and your game is now ready to play! 

Thank you for taking the time for reading this guide and information thread. Learning from past experiences with the Halo 2 PC thread, I wanted to make it as easily readable and understanding as possible so that even someone with a light computer background can even get in on the action. 

If you have any thoughts, tips, videos, or anything else to contribute to strengthening the Shadowrun community, please feel free to do so! 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Privates/Customs Players List

(Last updated 3/31/2015)

This post will be occasionally updated with players who are interested in playing Private Matches. Simply post information in this order:

[Gamertag] [time frame usually on] and I will update as soon as I can.

YoshinJaaa - M-Sat around 8pm EST

G Naturai

MLG Shadowrun Gametypes 

Attrition - Nerve Center (Small)

Attrition - Lobby (Small)

Attrition - Pinnacle 

Attrition - Power Station

Extraction - Nerve Center 

Extraction - Pinnacle

Extraction - Lobby

Players

I always wanted to give this game a chance, but i've heard not-so-good things about the PC version (the dev changing the mouse controls to not be as responsive being the most worrisome, and GFWL doesn't help) and i really don't feel like taking my 360 out, connect it to the tv and having to buy a new Live gold. 

So, is the PC version really that bad?

I'll play and have a rather big group of other players who still play private matches just about daily.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I always wanted to give this game a chance, but i've heard not-so-good things about the PC version (the dev changing the mouse controls to not be as responsive being the most worrisome, and GFWL doesn't help) and i really don't feel like taking my 360 out, connect it to the tv and having to buy a new Live gold. 

So, is the PC version really that bad?

I play back and forth between both versions. Yeah, GFWL can be a pain if you run into connection issues trying to sign in, but I never had any issues with 2 computers that I have it installed on. The PC version runs at 30FPS to match the 360 version, and a good computer takes advantage of better performance and quality. 

I do play the PC version with a One controller and it plays just as good as the 360 counterpart (too much used to using the One controller).

I'll play and have a rather big group of other players who still play private matches just about daily.

Let me know when you play so we can meet up and get some privates going. 

Shadowrun is originally a tabletop RPG similar to Dungeons and Dragons, and its universe got adapted into many different video games (the ones you listed, plus more recent turn-based RPGs on the PC).  I don't think any of the video games are related to each other, they just all use ideas from the tabletop game universe.  The Shadowrun universe is really intriguing and great stories can be made out of it such as the SNES Shadowrun game or the more recent PC games, but the Xbox 360 version is probably the game that uses the least amount of elements from the Shadowrun universe making it have an almost non-existant story that it really needed.  Still fun multiplayer game though.

Shadowrun is originally a tabletop RPG similar to Dungeons and Dragons, and its universe got adapted into many different video games (the ones you listed, plus more recent turn-based RPGs on the PC).  I don't think any of the video games are related to each other, they just all use ideas from the tabletop game universe.  The Shadowrun universe is really intriguing and great stories can be made out of it such as the SNES Shadowrun game or the more recent PC games, but the Xbox 360 version is probably the game that uses the least amount of elements from the Shadowrun universe making it have an almost non-existant story that it really needed.  Still fun multiplayer game though.

That is correct, the PC/360 version uses light adaptations from the franchise. For the most part the story was made just to give the game some sort of background, but it is a multiplayer only game (no campaign, just tutorial).

I play back and forth between both versions. Yeah, GFWL can be a pain if you run into connection issues trying to sign in, but I never had any issues with 2 computers that I have it installed on. The PC version runs at 30FPS to match the 360 version, and a good computer takes advantage of better performance and quality. 

I do play the PC version with a One controller and it plays just as good as the 360 counterpart (too much used to using the One controller).

Whats your GT?

Whats your GT?

YoshinJaaa.

Yours?

Teapot Yo

It's really interesting to see the changes in Shadowrun throughout development. At one point it had part of a working campaign because when they originally pitched the idea they had a working linear mission. There were apparently some good plans for a map editor, as well as a 5th class that was already finished and was supposed to be part of DLC with some additional maps but the studio went under before it could get those out. I really wonder what the game would have been like if it had all the included magic/techs, and the Orc class. Rumor has it that the Orc's damage output was linked directly to his health remaining. So if you were one shot, you delivered a massive amount of damage. It would have changed the game completely imo and possibly for the worse.

Teapot Yo

It's really interesting to see the changes in Shadowrun throughout development. At one point it had part of a working campaign because when they originally pitched the idea they had a working linear mission. There were apparently some good plans for a map editor, as well as a 5th class that was already finished and was supposed to be part of DLC with some additional maps but the studio went under before it could get those out. I really wonder what the game would have been like if it had all the included magic/techs, and the Orc class. Rumor has it that the Orc's damage output was linked directly to his health remaining. So if you were one shot, you delivered a massive amount of damage. It would have changed the game completely imo and possibly for the worse.

Added you.

Yeah, I wonder what would have became of the game if it still had dev support even up to this day. Could you spread the word around and attract some newcomers/pros to the game as well? Been playing it a bit lately and am having a blast, just need more people for matchmaking though, takes forever to get a game at times due to low population.

We'd have to organize something for the newcomers because they're definitely less frequent of shadowrun players, however I'm sure sometime within the next couple hours more of the vets will try to set up some private matches.

There were a couple of really good streams/youtubes, but I don't think those players are still around. The best player though has a youtube/twitch and goes by noxiiiious. 4 i's. I'm down to play whenever.

Added you.

Yeah, I wonder what would have became of the game if it still had dev support even up to this day. Could you spread the word around and attract some newcomers/pros to the game as well? Been playing it a bit lately and am having a blast, just need more people for matchmaking though, takes forever to get a game at times due to low population.

I left off an A on our GT.  Can't send a F/R on Xbox.com because it'll just follow you like on the Xbox one. Once I get home I'll add you to my friends list from the 360.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I noticed this thread did get some views and was looking for feedback from those who purchased or downloaded the either version, or, who used the PC installation guide and if it worked well or not. 

Downloading the PC version today, I have no idea where I put my 360. Good ass times were had on this game. GT is Irish DTX.

I still play private matches often, but don't see ya on Yoshin.

I was on PC for a while earlier, switched over to MCC H1 for a bit and then got off. Are you planning on playing any other time today?

No plans for a time or anything like that but we just wait till we have 7 players then sit and wait for the last one. Noxious has a lot of phone numbers so he organizes them that way too. What's the best way to reach you? I can post here and send u a message on XBL if we start anything up.

No plans for a time or anything like that but we just wait till we have 7 players then sit and wait for the last one. Noxious has a lot of phone numbers so he organizes them that way too. What's the best way to reach you? I can post here and send u a message on XBL if we start anything up.

You can message me on XBL or Twitter. I would get an notification either way on my phone, just let me know.

Downloading the PC version today, I have no idea where I put my 360. Good ass times were had on this game. GT is Irish DTX.

Let me know if you run into any issues with installing. Should be relatively easy though.

Finally got it to work on windows 8 but I have this problem now 

might just have to play 360 version then, add my gt G Naturai please.

Seems like some sort of video card issue, I have yet to encounter that. Have you adjusted in game settings and checked within your video card settings to see if you can find the issue?

Also, went ahead and added you to the privates list.