YoshinJaa

Repopulate Shadowrun

Have you tried setting the shadowrun.exe to Windows Vista or 7 compatibility?

i did try with the windows vista compatibility and it did the same thing, and i even bought another universal key just to be sure and both aren't working ( says it's invalid , even tho i know one is valid 100% since i've used it 2 years ago on halo 2 vista )

i did try with the windows vista compatibility and it did the same thing, and i even bought another universal key just to be sure and both aren't working ( says it's invalid , even tho i know one is valid 100% since i've used it 2 years ago on halo 2 vista )

Good chance the activation server is no longer accepting keys or not online. I'll have to check tomorrow when I get some free time. 

@@TheGodlyNoob, tried key and phone activation, could not get either activated. There is a chance that they have removed activation support for GFWL titles (or certain ones) and I assuming at this point, only those who have already activated the game at a certain point are able to play the PC version still. That is just pure speculation. 

I have no idea honestly about GFWL. There have always been numerous problems from what I read, but I am currently DMing Xbox Support right now with your issues. I'm hoping at the least they can point me in the right direction.

@@TheGodlyNoob do you have a twitter? seems like they can't really help me much and are requesting the code. If you don't have a twitter theres another way you can contact them. Lmk.

I have no idea honestly about GFWL. There have always been numerous problems from what I read, but I am currently DMing Xbox Support right now with your issues. I'm hoping at the least they can point me in the right direction.

@@TheGodlyNoob do you have a twitter? seems like they can't really help me much and are requesting the code. If you don't have a twitter theres another way you can contact them. Lmk.

I do have a twitter, https://twitter.com/thegodlynoob

@@TheGodlyNoob, tried key and phone activation, could not get either activated. There is a chance that they have removed activation support for GFWL titles (or certain ones) and I assuming at this point, only those who have already activated the game at a certain point are able to play the PC version still. That is just pure speculation. 

:( sad life 

contact xbox support on twitter and let them know you are having issues with a games for windows live activation key. When you tweet at them, follow them and they will most likely follow back so you can DM.

I do have a twitter, https://twitter.com/thegodlynoob

I'll be giving them your twitter handle as well so maybe they will reach out to you. There is a guy who I have no idea how to contact named iCaptainJackSparrow who is literally the PC/GFWL GOD. He had numerous mega threads dedicated to making sure the PC version worked. I'll somehow see if I can find him and if he still has interest in troubleshooting this.

contact xbox support on twitter and let them know you are having issues with a games for windows live activation key. When you tweet at them, follow them and they will most likely follow back so you can DM.

I'll be giving them your twitter handle as well so maybe they will reach out to you. There is a guy who I have no idea how to contact named iCaptainJackSparrow who is literally the PC/GFWL GOD. He had numerous mega threads dedicated to making sure the PC version worked. I'll somehow see if I can find him and if he still has interest in troubleshooting this.

Xbox support don't looks like they know alot about Shadowrun :(

I would imagine that there hasn't been any update on this situation? I still own several 360 copies so I don't need the PC version to play, but since shadowrun doesn't have splitscreen it'd be super awesome if I could just install it on a few pcs to play it when friends are over. Wouldn't it be possible to upload some game files from someone who's game is registered and put those into my game folder to make the game think I activated it?

Good luck @@L0RCH I know a few people had this issue and as far as I know there hasn't been an update. 

Any updates?

• Upvote (+1) 1

If anyone here plays Shadowrun or is looking to return back to Shadowrun, there is a revival of Shadowrun Discord going on. They have 8s, 2v2 tournaments, public match runs, etc. 

Here's the link for anyone interested https://discord.gg/BvsKNR9

Also apparently they found a way to fix the previous issue with getting Shadowrun on PC. But you can ask them there about that

Bought it on PC from amazon the other day. Waiting for it now. Just getting it for the activation code as I used the ISO method in the OP. 

Yup these activation servers sure are down.... I don't even see an activate by telephone option anywhere 

Bought it on PC from amazon the other day. Waiting for it now. Just getting it for the activation code as I used the ISO method in the OP. 

Yup these activation servers sure are down.... I don't even see an activate by telephone option anywhere 

go to the discord I posted I believe they found a solution but im not sure on the specifics