custom loop

Which new maps for HCS season 2?

I can understand a Midship map as that is possible through Forge, however a Beaver Creek remake is impossible to make without framerate problems in forge. 

I am however glad that remakes aren't considered atm, the game needs to have some new gameplay and remakes do not bring that. I am hoping to see atleast one new asym map and one new symmetrical map. I would be lying if I said that I didn't hope that my map would get in as the asym slot, the symmetrical map slot should go to Athelon imo. I personally think that these maps are easy for the spectators to understand and nice to look at, while also bringing new and exciting gameplay.

is there a vid or gameplay of athelon?

Ahh well the reason that we can't have those is because making those maps takes too much time and Halo 5's release is nearing so there is no point for H2A anymore. I would've liked one more dev map in H2A that could've been used in the HCS settings though

Blows my mind they werent on the disc to begin with. Who makes an Ascension remake over Midship?

is there a vid or gameplay of athelon?

Team Randa will be testing some of the potential HCS forge maps this evening.  You can watch Naded's stream whenever he goes live.

http://www.twitch.tv/naded

Athelon will be one of the maps tested. 

There's a complete list of the maps that will be tested here - http://www.forgehub.com/threads/pro-player-map-testing.148512/#post-1609294

• Upvote (+1) 1

what happened to the streaming it yesterday?

No idea.  Possibly a miscommunication.

The testing will definitely be happening, probably several times.  I'll give everyone a heads up here if I know it's happening ahead of time.  Otherwise you can always keep an eye on the thread I linked in my other post.

Edit: 

Naded just replied in that thread - http://www.forgehub.com/threads/pro-player-map-testing.148512/page-2#post-1609366

"Looking forward to running these custom maps very soon.  I will post in the forums on when exactly I plan on running them."

I think it would be a nice time to start thinking of the 11 gametypes we would like to see, as the forge maps that will be tested for the settings have been pretty much chosen. It would be a good start to look at the gametypes on dev maps that we would like to be kept and then to see what forge maps fill in the holes.

The following forge maps (along with the supported gametypes) have been selected for further thorough testing.

- Dispute: CTF and Slayer
- Erupt: CTF, KotH and Slayer
- Eden: KotH, Oddball and Slayer
- Athelon: CTF, Neutral Bomb, Ricochet and KotH
- Complexion: KotH and Slayer
- Epicborough: CTF and Slayer

So let's start posting your 11 gametypes, maybe for fun or maybe 343 can use it as a guideline or something like that. I'll post my 11 gametypes later on. :)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Lockdown Oddball

Epicborough Team Slayer

Complexion KOTH

Warlord Team Slayer

Athelon Neutral Bomb

Dispute Team Slayer

Shrine CTF

Erupt Team Slayer

Eden Oddball

Lockdown Team Slayer

Shrine Bomb

I have always thought that Tram Station was a map that would be a good addition to the HCS, I had downloaded it and tested it in a couple of games. Its really fun and is visually appealing.

Video:

• Downvote (-1) 1

Lockdown Oddball

Epicborough Team Slayer

Complexion KOTH

Warlord Team Slayer

Athelon Neutral Bomb

Dispute Team Slayer

Shrine CTF

Erupt Team Slayer

Eden Oddball

Lockdown Team Slayer

Shrine Bomb

I don't think they are adding more than 3 maps.

My favourites to add would be Dispute (TS and CTF) Eden (KOTH and Ball) and Athelon (KOTH and Bomb).

With all the named options added + the 3 dev maps with all their current gametypes we should have a decent map pool with enough options and good support for every gametype.(4TS/3CTF/4KOTH/3Ball/3Bomb)

Even if this are 17 possible combinations we could use all of them and maybe even get the veto system that was used in Halo Reach where only the gametypes are set and one team picks a map and the other team can veto one map option. Higher seed has the first pick and after that they go on alternately.

I have always thought that Tram Station was a map that would be a good addition to the HCS, I had downloaded it and tested it in a couple of games. Its really fun and is visually appealing.

Video:

Framerate issues galore. :prayers:

I think it would be a nice time to start thinking of the 11 gametypes we would like to see, as the forge maps that will be tested for the settings have been pretty much chosen. It would be a good start to look at the gametypes on dev maps that we would like to be kept and then to see what forge maps fill in the holes.

The following forge maps (along with the supported gametypes) have been selected for further thorough testing.

So let's start posting your 11 gametypes, maybe for fun or maybe 343 can use it as a guideline or something like that. I'll post my 11 gametypes later on. :)

Athelon and Epicborough - what are those names...

• Upvote (+1) 2

This list in no way reflects 343's final selections for Season 2 of the Halo Championship Series, nor does it reflect which maps have been selected for further testing. 343 will announce shortly which maps will be pushed out to the pros for further testing and feedback. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Athelon and Epicborough - what are those names...

Both are maps remade from Halo 4 that adopted names that were similar to their original name.

Aethiest - Athelon

Epicenter - Epicborough Keep

Since the latter is mine, I'll take full credit for it's stupidity, lol.  I just picked something that would fit the castle theme of the map, while also retaining its original name in some form. 

And yeah, as Fated said that map list is not a list from 343.  I believe they were all part of the initial walkthrough/testing session with 343, but there were several other maps included in that session, and nobody knows yet which will move on to the second stage of testing.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Top 3 maps from this list (from a viewers standpoint, considering I still haven't bought an Xbox One):

1. Regret - This maps look really cool and seem like it would be fun to watch pros play on. The pallet actually uses pieces that look decent together, and the map look like it was made well. Some of the other maps seemed to have a few design flaws and they didn't flow together as good as this one did. I can see some aspects of many maps working together to make this one, i.e. top mid reminds me of warlock's top mid, the bridges connecting the bases look like mini versions of the giant bridge from narrows, the drop into the ocean to your imminent death like many maps in the Halo games. This map is easily number one in my list.

2. Orion - Orion is basically a remake from Halo 3, The map was in Halo 4, and it seems the version in this game is just like the one from Halo 4. Although the map plays well in Halo 4, it looks too big and open for H2A. I would suggest a slightly smaller version of this map or to at least add more cover, since your spartans won't be sprinting across the map and behind a wall in .5 seconds.If either of those could be added, or both, this map would be a lot better for competitive play, in my opinion.

3. Complexion - This map has a very intricate design that feels new and refreshing to me. With the multitude of levels to battle on, it could definitely provide some cool gunplay and tricks that would make for some memorable moments in competitive Halo. Although I could never see it being used for anything other than slayer, it is worth a shot. 

Other thoughts: All the other maps seemed cool, but I don't think they are cut out to be in competitive play as much as these three. Midship is a really fun style of map (I say style because it has inspired so many forge maps), but I think we need a break from it considering it will be in Halo 5 as well. Beaver Creek would be cool but if there are any performance issues for it, then that would be a no go for me. The rest of the maps were alright, but they just seemed to big and open for H2A. It seems to me that a lot of these maps are still being designed with sprint in mind, and people should remember that this isn't Halo 4 anymore. All of these maps, including my top 3, could always be altered slightly in forge to be improved. 

Peace and love, Hunky

• Upvote (+1) 1

All right my bad guys, I thought that list was pretty close to what was sent upstream. Waiting for the 343 announcement then.. #soon

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Top 3 maps from this list (from a viewers standpoint, considering I still haven't bought an Xbox One):

1. Regret - This maps look really cool and seem like it would be fun to watch pros play on. The pallet actually uses pieces that look decent together, and the map look like it was made well. Some of the other maps seemed to have a few design flaws and they didn't flow together as good as this one did. I can see some aspects of many maps working together to make this one, i.e. top mid reminds me of warlock's top mid, the bridges connecting the bases look like mini versions of the giant bridge from narrows, the drop into the ocean to your imminent death like many maps in the Halo games. This map is easily number one in my list.

2. Orion - Orion is basically a remake from Halo 3, The map was in Halo 4, and it seems the version in this game is just like the one from Halo 4. Although the map plays well in Halo 4, it looks too big and open for H2A. I would suggest a slightly smaller version of this map or to at least add more cover, since your spartans won't be sprinting across the map and behind a wall in .5 seconds.If either of those could be added, or both, this map would be a lot better for competitive play, in my opinion.

3. Complexion - This map has a very intricate design that feels new and refreshing to me. With the multitude of levels to battle on, it could definitely provide some cool gunplay and tricks that would make for some memorable moments in competitive Halo. Although I could never see it being used for anything other than slayer, it is worth a shot. 

Other thoughts: All the other maps seemed cool, but I don't think they are cut out to be in competitive play as much as these three. Midship is a really fun style of map (I say style because it has inspired so many forge maps), but I think we need a break from it considering it will be in Halo 5 as well. Beaver Creek would be cool but if there are any performance issues for it, then that would be a no go for me. The rest of the maps were alright, but they just seemed to big and open for H2A. It seems to me that a lot of these maps are still being designed with sprint in mind, and people should remember that this isn't Halo 4 anymore. All of these maps, including my top 3, could always be altered slightly in forge to be improved. 

Peace and love, Hunky

These are three of my favorite map choices from the selection. I would really love to see Orion KotH used. Regret Bomb would be pretty cool too. Complexion looks crazy, but I like it. That other map, Athelon I think it is called, also looks good. I really really really really hope these get picked up!

Meh.

Bad.

Bad.

Awesome.

Awesome.

Meh.

Complexion, Athelon, Orion, Regret. Maybe Dispute. That is all that should be looked at.

• Downvote (-1) 3

Meh.

Bad.

Bad.

Awesome.

Awesome.

Meh.

Complexion, Athelon, Orion, Regret. Maybe Dispute. That is all that should be looked at.

I believe that you are the first person that straight out said that Eden is bad. Care to elaborate a bit more on this? I am genuinely curious to your opinion on this. 

I believe that you are the first person that straight out said that Eden is bad. Care to elaborate a bit more on this? I am genuinely curious to your opinion on this. 

I wouldn't take that post to seriously.

• Upvote (+1) 3

These are three of my favorite map choices from the selection. I would really love to see Orion KotH used. Regret Bomb would be pretty cool too. Complexion looks crazy, but I like it. That other map, Athelon I think it is called, also looks good. I really really really really hope these get picked up!

Yea I think Regret could be really awesome for Assault and also CTF.

Ideal and easiest solution would be for an actual remake of beaver and midship given to us as DLC, if this isn't on the cards Id like to see the awesome beaver remake and then a completely new map thrown in we have never seen before.

Bend the rules, it's H2A and in theory should be a H2 remake but I'd certainly like to see something different and new but aesthetically pleasing. Reach gave me a burning hatred for forge maps and grey coloured wall paper so as long as the new ones have colour and life, I'll be happy!

• Upvote (+1) 1

TESLA!TESLA!TESLA!TESLA!TESLA!TESLA!TESLA!TESLA!TESLA!TESLA!TESLA!TESLA!TESLA!TESLA!TESLA!TESLA! 

TESLA!

AKA MIDSHIP DEISEL REMAKE FOR SURE!

• Downvote (-1) 7

Ideal and easiest solution would be for an actual remake of beaver and midship given to us as DLC, if this isn't on the cards Id like to see the awesome beaver remake and then a completely new map thrown in we have never seen before.

Bend the rules, it's H2A and in theory should be a H2 remake but I'd certainly like to see something different and new but aesthetically pleasing. Reach gave me a burning hatred for forge maps and grey coloured wall paper so as long as the new ones have colour and life, I'll be happy!

xboxdvr.com/Xsjados/f752c19c-35eb-4ce7-a169-b54117684673

That Beaver Creek was never intended for competitive play.  It was built for the classic customs group.  Even after some cleaning up, it still has framerate issues that make it unusable for tournaments.  Basically the only way to eliminate that problem (according to the forger) is to replace the terrain in the middle of the map with blocks.  At that point, the map loses its charm.

I hope we get something added that plays King of the Hill well, since we don't really have a great hill map in the rotation right now.  Orion, Ridge, Eden, and Athelon (maybe Complexion?) all have the potential to fulfill that need.  I haven't played hill on any of them yet, so I don't have a strong preference.  After that, I don't really care what gets in.  Around 3 forge maps total would probably give us a pretty good variety.