custom loop

Which new maps for HCS season 2?

so it looks like we're agreed on needing new maps for season 2 but which maps are worth pushing? so fare we have based on what has been mentioned around here:

tesla

396_imgo.jpg

orion

compexion

dispute

regret

there is a beaver creek remake but i couldn't find a link for it.

are there any other maps and what are the thoughts on these?

i'm aware of there being another topic centred around changes for season 2 but i felt that a topic specifically focusing on maps was needed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tesla - Shitty Simplex

Orion - Kind of like Construct, but less shitty.

Complexion - Looks cool, but a little confusing.

Dispute - Looks like The Pit's ugly step sister

Regret - Thank god it's not the H5 map! Looks interesting, need to see games.

Beaver Creek - Looks beautiful, but people claim frame rate.

My picks in order of preference: Beaver Creek, Orion, Complexion, Regret, Distupute.

All of them should be tested except Tesla. 

If a Midship style map is a necessity, there are better options out there.  I'd rather see aPK's Midship.  Heck, I'd rather see Onslaught.  I'd really rather not see any of them though.  The other maps listed in the first post are better options.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I would love to see Onslaught make a return.

Here is an idea, let's not do that.

Also Orion and Complexion for season 2.

• Upvote (+1) 9

"new" maps...inserted into tourney play...pardon me I had to laugh at that. The Pros and some of the competitive community won't let anything new come into play....unless it's a map that plays like a map they've played before. It's utterly disgusting and sad.

ie. Diesel's map Tesla.

that video says disciple is a 2v2 map so how is that going to work for 4v4?

Midship was also a 2v2 map but clearly worked fine for 4v4. I've played Disciple 4v4 and it was great. 

ie. Diesel's map Tesla.

The fact that this dude's maps jumped over all the hard working and dedicated forgers creations because of his ties to pro players is fuckin ridiculous. The politics in competitive halo disgusts me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Orion koth would be awesome. If people really want a remake we should go with Beaver Creek. We do not need another Midship or Pit remake, those maps have been played to death. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Midship was also a 2v2 map but clearly worked fine for 4v4. I've played Disciple 4v4 and it was great. 

That is not a general fact tho Disciple is clearly a warm up or fun 1v1/2v2 map which would play terrible in 4v4s because the gameplay is more linear than midship.

Also @@Infinity

The two maps you choose make no sense imo:

Beaver creek is okay for 4v4 but there will be no way to have that map without frame issues and without static weapon spawns it will be a campfest in slayer.

And Disciple is a map with linear gameplay which would basicly be a flat midship without towers. There are 2 bases facing each other and a teleporter form base to base which would end pretty bad for each gametype on it.

You guys shouldn't look for a nice look in the first place. We need maps that play well for 4v4 and since we don't want a midship why would we take Disciple which plays even worse for 4v4? (The map is really okay nothing against it but it was never designed with 4v4 in mind)

As I said befor Orion is a good 4v4 map that works 100% for king of the hill. Construct in Halo 3 kind of worked and Orion fixed the issues Construct had.

Also Complexion is good for slayer and CTF as it got tested many times. The map has interesting vertical levels instead of an all flat canvas...

I don't get why people suggest maps without taking time to check if they play well for 4v4.

• Downvote (-1) 1

That is not a general fact tho Disciple is clearly a warm up or fun 1v1/2v2 map which would play terrible in 4v4s because the gameplay is more linear than midship.

Also @@Infinity

Beaver creek is okay for 4v4 but there will be no way to have that map without frame issues and without static weapon spawns it will be a campfest in slayer.

And Disciple is a map with linear gameplay which would basicly be a flat midship without towers. There are 2 bases facing each other and a teleporter form base to base which would end pretty bad for each gametype on it.

You guys shouldn't look for a nice look in the first place. We need maps that play well for 4v4 and since we don't want a midship why would we take Disciple which plays even worse for 4v4? (The map is really okay nothing against it but it was never designed with 4v4 in mind)

As I said befor Orion is a good 4v4 map that works 100% for king of the hill. Construct in Halo 3 kind of worked and Orion fixed the issues Construct had.

Also Complexion is good for slayer and CTF as it got tested many times. The map has interesting vertical levels instead of an all flat canvas...

I don't get why people suggest maps without taking time to check if they play well for 4v4.

"I've played Disciple 4v4 and it was great." 

What makes you think I haven't played it? I'm guessing you haven't played it 4v4. Just because you say it's a warm up map does not make it one. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

"I've played Disciple 4v4 and it was great." 

What makes you think I haven't played it? I'm guessing you haven't played it 4v4. Just because you say it's a warm up map does not make it one. 

Well the simple fact that even the creator of the map says that this is not a 4v4 map because it has one choke point in the middle which is bad for 4v4 maps should be a sign that it is maybe bad for 4v4.

I have never said that you did not play it but if you think that "it was great" and you played it 4v4 than I know that your definition of "great" is really different from mine.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Also @@Infinity

I see Disciple as Midship with teleporters, which add a different layer and new twist on the design. Linear, yes, but it's not like we haven't had a map like that before... (looking at you, Warlord).

Well the simple fact that even the creator of the map says that this is not a 4v4 map because it has one choke point in the middle which is bad for 4v4 maps should be a sign that it is maybe bad for 4v4.

I have never said that you did not play it but if you think that "it was great" and you played it 4v4 than I know that your definition of "great" is really different from mine.

You said: "I don't get why people suggest maps without taking time to check if they play well for 4v4."

I don't know what you mean by linear considering you can constantly be flanked due the telporters. It's different from Midship because of the Snipers, small towers, overshield, teleporters and The base are completely different. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

:/ I feel like I'm the only one who had/still has confidence in Ascension. We could even alter it's weapon set to be more competitive.

Worst case scenario just use it for Hill and Oddball instead of Slayer.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Push for an Onslaught/Amp mix and beaver creek

And just throwing it out that i miss lockdown ball