Sign in to follow this  
Hard Way

What do you need to work on as a Halo player?

One of my weaknesses in the current Halo 2 Anniversary game modes is just map positioning, movement, and timing. On some maps I absolutely do great on some maps like sanctuary and warlord, but others like lockout I fucking suck at and struggle to put down any stats. Sometimes when moving around the map I will have a bad tendency to get stuck in place or on some rock, ending up getting me naded or shot at. Or when I'm jumping on those damn rocks on sanctuary and miss them costing me a couple of seconds in game. The last big issue I have is timing weapons and power ups, I still don't know the exact times it takes for some weapons to come up and I usually forget timing weapons during the game anyways. 

I have too much to work on but seeing as basically anyone who can expose my weaknesses is gone, I have little to improve on as I'm winning every single game I play whether it be MM or customs.

Only real thing that has been stopping me from improving is my inability to social network to place myself among the best players but seeing as Halo is dead I'm restricted to carrying spastics against other spastics and winning 100% of the time anyway so whatever.

Considering I haven't been able to play at all in the past year I'm sure I could work on a little bit of everything. With that said I've always played with friends and locals so I was always teaching other players the basic. So where I can improve the most is working on my teamwork. More specifically how to coordinate and traverse a map accomplishing a goal.

I need to stop rage-betraying bad teammates.  Any time someone makes a stupid play around me and is clearly dropping a neg bomb, I'll betray them.  I checked yesterday and am already nearing 200 betrayals.  Nearly half of them being in CE.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There's always something to get better at or you're doing it wrong. I'm always trying to improve on everything from map positioning, communicating, teamwork and also shooting. Never settle, always push yourself. If you're starting to not miss after working on your shot, work on it a lot more till it's robotic. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Awareness, setups, positioning and responding to callouts more quickly. My teammates were always calling me "awareless" in 50 high MLG, they would often say "How did he even get this high?". I suspect this is because I've been searching alone with no mic for so long, I had to learn how to play well without a better player's guidance. As a result my playstyle isn't exactly conventional.

At least I can predict where they will spawn most of the time in H3  :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

in halo 2 classic ive achieved my personal skill ceiling, i literally don't think i can get better at halo 2 classic. i went +1000 or close to it in one weekend of playing halo 2 customs, only losing one midship ffa where i got second, with 8 good people before everyone stopped getting on. in other games i guess i would just need to play them more

Right now, absolutely everything, because ever since MCC release I've only gotten online to play a few times per month, if that (partly because the game is still a broken pissdisc, partly because I have the world's worst gaming setup). Honestly I haven't played online multiplayer on a regular (daily) basis since like early 2012 when Reach GoldPro was big. Not that I was good to begin with or anything.

Historically, my map positioning has always been trash, and the more I have to think about where I need to be or where I should be going next, the worse it gets, because then I start out-thinking myself. 

I've also always had a terrible habit of wanting to make the "sneaky" play, one that the other team will never see coming and make me look like an evil genius. A prime example of this would be Damnation (OG or Reach version, doesn't matter) - I'm at top green nades and I'm fighting someone trying to push in from clanky. I've successfully gotten them low and denied them entry, they have to fall back to bottom snipe. My stupid ass often thinks it's a swell idea to immediately break for green plat and then drop down into snipe with them. In my head, this is supposed to be an epic ambush. In reality, they're either already looking up there and start shooting me the minute I start falling, or I drop in a really bad spot relative to them and just lose a 1-on-1. If I do kill them, then by now their teammate has already pushed teleporter and will be shooting me while I try to get back to top green.

Right now, absolutely everything, because ever since MCC release I've only gotten online to play a few times per month, if that (partly because the game is still a broken pissdisc, partly because I have the world's worst gaming setup). Honestly I haven't played online multiplayer on a regular (daily) basis since like early 2012 when Reach GoldPro was big. Not that I was good to begin with or anything.

Historically, my map positioning has always been trash, and the more I have to think about where I need to be or where I should be going next, the worse it gets, because then I start out-thinking myself. 

I've also always had a terrible habit of wanting to make the "sneaky" play, one that the other team will never see coming and make me look like an evil genius. A prime example of this would be Damnation (OG or Reach version, doesn't matter) - I'm at top green nades and I'm fighting someone trying to push in from clanky. I've successfully gotten them low and denied them entry, they have to fall back to bottom snipe. My stupid ass often thinks it's a swell idea to immediately break for green plat and then drop down into snipe with them. In my head, this is supposed to be an epic ambush. In reality, they're either already looking up there and start shooting me the minute I start falling, or I drop in a really bad spot relative to them and just lose a 1-on-1. If I do kill them, then by now their teammate has already pushed teleporter and will be shooting me while I try to get back to top green.

I was just about to post something exactly like this. I have literally the exact same problem.

Watching pro gameplay and thinking "damn what a smart play feinting the guy three times over".Thinking I should totally be doing that ingame too.

Then I play against normal guys and try to out-meta them when they aren't thinking at all in the first place, and dying because of it.

I guess sometimes watching too much Ogre 2 gameplay can actually be a bad thing.

Sniping Accuracy.. I was quick and good in H3, but it seems like I have lost all of that.

Lone Wolf/Pushing... I automatically assume the rest of my team is garbage and try to do everything myself and it gets me killed a lot.