Sign in to follow this  
menotyou135

Happy Birthday to me. 13 years after I first picked the controller up.

It is February 19th. BE released an article on how MCC is still not fixed. I have not been active on a Halo forum for many months. This marks the 13th year since I started playing Halo (I played it first at a friend's house on my birthday in 2002).

Halo MCC is still screwed up. Halo 5 beta was Meh (but at least more functional than MCC). Halo 2 Anniversary is decent at best and boring at worst. Halo 2's netcode is still garbage. Halo 1 is still 3v3 with anti-aim. It has been 100 days. Getting on my xbox to play is a chore. For a while I thought it was just because of school, but even during breaks I can't force myself to do it. 

I am sorry guys, but I think I am really done. Halo Reach was promised to be a great return to Halo's classic formula. Halo Reach's title update was promised to make the game good. Halo 4 was promised to be a great return to Halo. Halo 4 Title update was promised to fix the issues with Halo 4. Halo MCC was promised to give us the Halo many have been asking for for years. MCC update 1 was promised to fix MCC's problems. MCC update 2 was promised to fix MCC's problems. MCC update 3 was promised to fix MCC's problems.... and 4.... and 5.... and 6....

I can't take the false promises anymore. I just can't.

This series has fallen so far and I can't stand it.

I am sorry guys. I wish I could still be blindly optimistic for the future, but I am no longer capable of forcing myself to think Halo has a future. I have tried for over 5 years. around 40% of the time I have been a Halo fan, I have been hoping for Halo to be good again. Considering I didn't even really like Halo 3, you could argue that it is actually over 60% of the time I have been a Halo fan. 

It just isn't worth the effort anymore. I have spent too much time being disappointed and angry because I was passionate about this franchise. I loved it more than 90% of the people who currently work at 343i. I can say that for certain because anybody who loved it as much as me would not have let it get here. 

That passion is gone. I applaud those of you who have kept your chins up all this time, but I just can't anymore. I will always have fond memories of MLG's, and of playing this game with friends, and of being part of the forge community, and of being one of the Halo Scientists. I will remember fondly the days of talking to all of you and meeting so many amazing people in this community.

People like Cursed Lemon with his great sense of sarcasm and excellent debate skills. People like Chaos Theory with his pure love for this franchise and extended knowlege of the game. People who I played with on Xbox live all the time. There are too many of you to name. People from the forge community who had a passion for map making. People like Kurtiz, Chef, Sitri, and Schnitzel who worked on figuring out the intricacies of these games. People like Ghost and Bravo, who were able to support this game long after their competitive career ended. And even the people I didn't get along with, but still had passion for this game. I honestly hope this community, and the individuals in this community, well. 

I am sorry. 

-menotyou135

Cheers to halo

Snapshot_20150219_zpsiyfg9prx.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

These are always sad to read. Hope to see you back one day, I have a few of your posts about 1v1 settings bookmarked and I go back every once in awhile to reread them. It was always appreciated.

Also the Yuno avatar is awesome, don't know if I ever told you that.

These are always sad to read. Hope to see you back one day, I have a few of your posts about 1v1 settings bookmarked and I go back every once in awhile to reread them. It was always appreciated.

Also the Yuno avatar is awesome, don't know if I ever told you that.

Thanks man. Mind linking me to the threads you are talking about?

Thanks man. Mind linking me to the threads you are talking about?

There was one I was specifically thinking of, here it is. http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/4353-your-opinion-on-1v1s-and-could-they-be-centric-to-competition/

EDIT: Here's another one, this isn't specifically just 1v1 related though. Also this was Waypoint, I'm assuming it's you. https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/importance-of-power-to-the-individual/53731a0b-28f6-4994-8e5e-bd50683b6246/posts?page=1

• Upvote (+1) 1

Your hair looks longer than mine... hmm...

Also, your sig in decimal is 2607784534006676145.  What's it supposed to mean??

Halo sucks

Think... in hex ..and then to ascii :)

It is February 19th. BE released an article on how MCC is still not fixed. I have not been active on a Halo forum for many months. This marks the 13th year since I started playing Halo (I played it first at a friend's house on my birthday in 2002).

Halo MCC is still screwed up. Halo 5 beta was Meh (but at least more functional than MCC). Halo 2 Anniversary is decent at best and boring at worst. Halo 2's netcode is still garbage. Halo 1 is still 3v3 with anti-aim. It has been 100 days. Getting on my xbox to play is a chore. For a while I thought it was just because of school, but even during breaks I can't force myself to do it. 

I am sorry guys, but I think I am really done. Halo Reach was promised to be a great return to Halo's classic formula. Halo Reach's title update was promised to make the game good. Halo 4 was promised to be a great return to Halo. Halo 4 Title update was promised to fix the issues with Halo 4. Halo MCC was promised to give us the Halo many have been asking for for years. MCC update 1 was promised to fix MCC's problems. MCC update 2 was promised to fix MCC's problems. MCC update 3 was promised to fix MCC's problems.... and 4.... and 5.... and 6....

I can't take the false promises anymore. I just can't.

This series has fallen so far and I can't stand it.

I am sorry guys. I wish I could still be blindly optimistic for the future, but I am no longer capable of forcing myself to think Halo has a future. I have tried for over 5 years. around 40% of the time I have been a Halo fan, I have been hoping for Halo to be good again. Considering I didn't even really like Halo 3, you could argue that it is actually over 60% of the time I have been a Halo fan. 

It just isn't worth the effort anymore. I have spent too much time being disappointed and angry because I was passionate about this franchise. I loved it more than 90% of the people who currently work at 343i. I can say that for certain because anybody who loved it as much as me would not have let it get here. 

That passion is gone. I applaud those of you who have kept your chins up all this time, but I just can't anymore. I will always have fond memories of MLG's, and of playing this game with friends, and of being part of the forge community, and of being one of the Halo Scientists. I will remember fondly the days of talking to all of you and meeting so many amazing people in this community.

People like Cursed Lemon with his great sense of sarcasm and excellent debate skills. People like Chaos Theory with his pure love for this franchise and extended knowlege of the game. People who I played with on Xbox live all the time. There are too many of you to name. People from the forge community who had a passion for map making. People like Kurtiz, Chef, Sitri, and Schnitzel who worked on figuring out the intricacies of these games. People like Ghost and Bravo, who were able to support this game long after their competitive career ended. And even the people I didn't get along with, but still had passion for this game. I honestly hope this community, and the individuals in this community, well. 

I am sorry. 

-menotyou135

Cheers to halo

Snapshot_20150219_zpsiyfg9prx.jpg

Im not sure BE needs to have posts like this. Its pretty cool you have played for 13 years, but seriously....this isnt a forum to post this sort of stuff.