Sign in to follow this  
Jacob

Onslaught

I tried for a bit but i don't have a 360 so i kinda forgot how everything is exactly. I'll gladly help someone forge it though.

Bummer, was really hoping someone had remade it.

But with a game this broken and dead, should I really have expected anything else?

Anyone that's familiar with Halo 3 forging is welcome to help.

Rite now i have A and B Towers done. and red and blue base layout done.

i just have to do all the bridges, top mid, put up the walls on A side, finish the bases. and a bunch of little things like dumpsters...etc

I don't have a 360 so I'm doing this all out of my head, and sometimes looking at videos, if i really need too

basically it's just the basic layout because well i just started this yesterday, My Halo 3 forging is really clean btw, here's a screenshot.

The boxes in the middle are just tools for measurement to center the map.

5xibyb.jpg

More progress, should be done in about a month or less if i work on it everyday. (this is just after 2 days)

Edit: I know the flag box on the base is a little high, ill lower it, I'm doing all this out of my head

I'm also gonna try to improve it a bit from the 360 version like cleaner forging, better proportions...etc just little things 

xboxdvr.com/SeaVomit/6be164b4-1da4-4c93-93cc-a51f2b7080da

• Upvote (+1) 1

More progress, should be done in about a month or less if i work on it everyday. (this is just after 2 days)

Edit: I know the flag box on the base is a little high, ill lower it, I'm doing all this out of my head

I'm also gonna try to improve it a bit from the 360 version like cleaner forging, better proportions...etc just little things 

xboxdvr.com/SeaVomit/6be164b4-1da4-4c93-93cc-a51f2b7080da

at 0:07

Lower the flag box to slightly above spartan height (so about half-sunk if i remember correctly) and turn the door object upside down (which if it's anything like Halo 3, it shouldn't be a problem).

at 0:07

Lower the flag box to slightly above spartan height (so about half-sunk if i remember correctly) and turn the door object upside down (which if it's anything like Halo 3, it shouldn't be a problem).

Did you wanna help? I'm doing this all out of my head cus I don't have a 360 anymore, and I forgot how to lower an object more than half way into and object because it stops at half way and that flag box is half way. My gt is SeaVomit, if you know how to forge in h3 I'll really appreciate some help.

Did you wanna help? I'm doing this all out of my head cus I don't have a 360 anymore, and I forgot how to lower an object more than half way into and object because it stops at half way and that flag box is half way. My gt is SeaVomit, if you know how to forge in h3 I'll really appreciate some help.

sorry man, but I haven't been playing any part of MCC lately. Plus, after forging on halo reach and 4 for so long, I honestly do not want to try forging on halo 3 again.

Your forging looks very good so far. For moving that flag box, all you have to do is set the other objects merged with it to not spawn until later in the round, start a new round, and lower it before the other objects spawn. To lower it, simply place flat objects below it and eventually set the box on that surface (in a few seconds, the object will settle). You can use the bridge pieces as a reference to where the box is supposed to be. For any object that needs to be placed above the ground (such as top mid bridge) simply place flat objects below it (a double box might be too tall), then place the necessary object on top of those and let it settle. After it settles, delete the objects below it.

For help with forging, there are plenty of videos on youtube that you can search. You have already nailed the hard part which is merging with the actual map geometry.

As for the door piece I mentioned earlier, I was actually wrong about wanting to turn it upside down. You currently have it right.

Here is a walkthrough of onslaught (callouts as a bonus). You may want to scoot the front-most double boxes back a little bit.

hope this helps. I wouldn't stress too much on making this perfect. You're not gonna ruin its gameplay if the geometry is slightly misshapen.

Keep after man!