Sign in to follow this  
KevinPDZ0916

Halo Multiplayer Map Tournament Match 3 - Turf vs. Backwash

Halo MP Tournament Match 3 - Turf vs. Backwash  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which Halo Multiplayer Level is better?

• Turf
    • Backwash

I'm glad to say that the Halo multiplayer map tournament will be continuing. Thank you to everybody for all your great support in the polls.

This next match might potentially get a little rough. We shall see. I find many aspects of both Turf and Backwash that I like, so I'm going to have to think about my choice for a bit. 

The updated brackets can be seen here: http://challonge.com/Halomulitplayermaptournament

Turf: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP6Fw8eCGy0

Backwash: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxk-T7v8PF0

I voted for turf, although i still consider backwash to have the greatest potential out of any stock map for competitive play. Just too many things holding it back for me.

Backwash gets a worse reputation than it deserves, but Turf is just excellent. If Backwash performed better and had starting nades, it would be one of my favorite H2 maps and would have won this vote. So much unfulfilled potential.

You could probably create many match-ups in one thread; you can have ten or twenty questions per poll--it's been a while since I've made one, but you get the point.  Not that I don't appreciate this project you're undertaking, but as it stands many other threads are getting pushed down.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Turf is a pretty symbolic map for me with respect to Halo 2. Definitely takes it for me. And I agree with what @@Gobias said, having a couple matchups per poll would probably work better. Just my two cents though.

You could probably create many match-ups in one thread; you can have ten or twenty questions per poll--it's been a while since I've made one, but you get the point.  Not that I don't appreciate this project you're undertaking, but as it stands many other threads are getting pushed down.

Hmm... oh I see it now. Thanks for the advice. I think I may go that route next time. Yeah, you're right it would certainly cut down on traffic. Especially, too, since older matches also seem to be pushed up periodically.  :)

Didn't Backwash have to get removed from matchmaking when 360s came out because it would brick them?

Turf hands down. Team Slayer backwash strats were dicks.

Didn't Backwash have to get removed from matchmaking when 360s came out because it would brick them?

Turf hands down. Team Slayer backwash strats were dicks.

Yeah, if I remember correctly, I believe it did have problems on the 360. Funny, cause that's where I played Halo 2 for the first time until I got it for PC later on.

Turf with the Brute plasma rifle and backwash with the beam/monitor. Both good/fun maps, but Turf is in another class compared to Backwash.