DDoubleA

Changes We Want to See in HCS Season 2

Well there is already a Beaver Creek in the works and we need a Midship an it will be a good map pool.  We don't need H3 maps in H2A.

I actually like team points. Makes teams that do make a team change pick up players that they actually want to, instead of someone that has a lot of points.

Also, there is a good midship-esque map already called Tesla made by Diesel. Beaver Creek + Tesla on top of the 3 we already have would be cool.

I really want to see the beaver creek remake.

396_imgo.jpg

^ Tesla ^

Me >  giphy.gif

-Creek

-Midship/Tesla/Onslaught

-Tower (why the fuck not at this point)

NEW MAPS PLEASE!

If that Tesla map gets in, that is so disrespectful to the people over at forgehub that have made maps that can blow that out of the park. The only reason that map is even being considered is because of the name behind it, Diesel. Not trying to rip on him or someone like SaLoT, but there are forgers out there that make them look like they're playing with legos.

• Upvote (+1) 8

There definetly needs to be more maps. Having only three maps in the rotation gets incredibly dull pretty fast. And for gods sake no more remakes. The entire damn game is a remake. I mean If people wanted classic Halo 2 then I can totally understand that, but why not just play H2C then?

Why do people think it is a good idea to put forge remade remakes in the rotation? There are countless reasons why this is a terrible idea.

Firstly, the fact they are a remake and its implication for the metagame. Especially for maps like beaver creek or midship which have been played for sometimes even THREE iterations of halo games, ('BC h1/2/R, midship h2/3/ countless inspired 2 towers in 3 and H:R), the meta is not just sort of dead, but completly and utterly because every single strategy has been done a hundred times before.

Secondly, they usually look like shit. Yes they have "recognition value", but more in a "look at this abortion of a midship map" than a "hey this looks exactly like my favorite map from halo 2" way.

Forge (still) being bland is mostly to blame for this, but atleast good original forge maps can try to compensate for this because they are in fact, planned from the ground up as a forge map, while remakes have to stick with being as true to the original as possible, even if aesthetics or (even worse) gameplay suffers.

Third, each "midship remake #44" blocks a spot for a original forge map that is actually good, so even if a remake plays sort of decent, it is still blocking the spot for a superior original map.

TLDR: Needs moar forge maps. Remakes bad, original maps good.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Omg Tesla looks awful, if that gets put in.. Then lol

Over at Forgehub we have selected two maps that we deem the most viable maps currently for competitive play. The maps are 'Complexion' by A Haunted Army and 'Orion' by SecretSchnitzel. Both of these maps focus on vertical styled gameplay which make them great for KotH and Slayer gametypes. Also they have been tested heavily and are ready for play, no framerate issues and spawns are working properly.

Unfortunately I can't post pictures or links of them right now as I'm on my phone, but I'm sure someone else could. @a chunk?

In the meantime you can check them out in the maps section of at Forgehub though.

I remember Ducain23 featured Orion on his channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMzv4VNSUJI

Some one else posted Complexion. Looks cool.

There are some good looking maps on THFE's Youtube page. Aside from Complexion, I have only seen 2 others in H2A, but I think there are more or will be more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbWSDPZr9bY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE97EH4uwJY

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think that would work very well:

1 shrine slayer
2 complexion slayer
3 warlord slayer
4 lockdown slayer
5 shrine ctf
6 warlord ctf
7 complexion ctf
8 lockdown ball
9 orion koth
10 beaver creek koth
11 warlord bomb

Not sure about beaver creek... it worked for koth in Reach v7.

Shrine bomb almost never ended so I choose Warlord 3 times in the rotation. Also the beaver creek is not confirmed to have no frame issues.

But I would go with Orion and Complexion for sure since these two maps are pretty good.

On Lockdown shotty should spawn top mid and a camo should be down in green room with 90 sec timer.

Shrine should have camo instead of rockets for slayer since players use it often to camp in ring which slows down too much.

And it is also time to get static timers for the weapons!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Orion would be an awesome map to add. Haven't seen much of Complexion except for that one video tbh so I'll have to get on and try it out. But please do not implement another Midship clone and/or a Pit remake. We already know exactly how those maps play out. Sure they might freshen up the map pool just by not seeing Warlord/Sanc/Lockdown every game but that feeling won't last at all. They'll become really stale very quickly because we've been playing those two maps for ages. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I stopped following HCS since the new year, can't believe this still isn't in.

buddhacrane has actually found a much easier way to do static weapons with only a handful of timers.

Static spawning for weapons that spawn every 100 seconds or less

Static spawning for weapons that have a spawn time longer than 100 seconds

How to make multiple weapons spawn at different rates (ex. 30 second Speed Boost/60 second Sniper/90 second Camo)

• Upvote (+1) 2

I stopped following HCS since the new year, can't believe this still isn't in.

Yeah, I saw that a while ago and mentioned Bravo in it's thread.  I really hope season 2 adds this.  It is by far my number one complaint with the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

H2A is the noob version of H2C and all the H2A kids want all the H2C maps remade for H2A because they're bad at H2C LOL

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I would think about actually playing h2a if it had original maps. I wish it was all forged bc if I'm gonna play lockout for the 1 billionth time its surely going to be classic.

I would think about actually playing h2a if it had original maps. I wish it was all forged bc if I'm gonna play lockout for the 1 billionth time its surely going to be classic.

exactly, h2a isn't even a new game, its just a bad version of the original for the new kids. there's nothing wrong with being new but don't play h2a and compare it to h2c by remaking maps...etc When you have the option to play the original on the same damn disc.

Well there is already a Beaver Creek in the works and we need a Midship an it will be a good map pool.  We don't need H3 maps in H2A.

I'm late to the party but if we get these two maps the rotation will be perfect. Couldn't agree more. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

1.More ESL events. 

2. More maps but no forge please, I don't even think I could watch Halo tournaments with that Forge, or any Forge anymore. Just not enjoyable to watch IMO. Also less relatable for people. I'd honestly even watch Zenith at this point, we need some more variety. 5 maps at least. 

3. More money? It'll help when competing with other games scenes honestly. I seen some people who play CSGO checking out CoD and getting Xbox Ones lately, but I don't see anyone going near Halo. Less money will always be a factor, be competitive in that regard as well. Slow is fine, the scene is growing, but a bump would be good for the players. 

4. Less downtime. Fix Xbox One account issues, fix the game, fix it all please, this downtime is brutal IMO. FPS games don't seem to have as much to talk about between games like MOBAs and RTS. Aim for around 10-20 mins between series, and no downtime between actual games in a series would be nice. 

5. Put snipers on every map. Put 2 on Warlord for all I care, I wanna see some damn montage clips! Warlord is just a chaotic grind for people to watch, specially if they don't play. Lockdown barely has sniper cuz it gets thrown off the map so fast. Sanc is the only place for sexy sniper action, and if i'm not mistaken they weren't even playing it until Sunday at the last event? Thats no good. I already have to play Lockout/Sanc/Last Resort 24/7 online cuz thats all that ever comes up in matchmaking no matter what game its for, so really annoying to watch 24/7 as well. 

I like the point of the individual face cams like the old MLG days that is a must. Also, more production for the downtime I think is paramount because you lose so many viewers when looking at the same sponsor screen! At the very least they should have player interviews, I attended UGC St. Louis and there is AMPLE time to interview top players because of the downtime between games. Another thing to help with downtime would be some montages?

Another thing I think would solve this problem best is setting up a stream for a side station for god sakes. Soooooo many good matchups were not on the mainstage and we didnt get to see them! I even distinctly remember a UGC rep saying in these forums somewhere that he would have 2 setups that are able to be streamed to fix the downtime...

all these amazing forge maps.

makes me sad to see amazing talent in the community go untapped and disregarded

while 343 pumps out crap maps.

343 basically has people making amazing map designs for free. instead 343 goes and dishes out money for crap maps.

dont know why 343 does not hire some forgers on 3-4 month contracts to make some maps.

• Upvote (+1) 1

All I want is at least 2 maps added. I would prefer 3 maps though. No cheap midships. Especially no cheap watered down versions of simplex or onslaught. Thanks.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Do people not care much about this? I would think people would find it more important than talking about team changes and player drama.

There is nothing else going on for Halo right now since you know....  the game is broke.