Sign in to follow this  
ZipCity117

Halo 5 Weapon Balancing

I actually like the Bolt Shot as a replacement to the mauler.

Before you destroy my life - I mean as a map pickup. The boltshot takes a bit more skill than the mauler and has a more interesting function.

Just my opinion.

+1. Boltshot was best new weapon in H4, but terrible with loadouts. The only promethean weapon that's not a clone... 

• Upvote (+1) 1

+1. Boltshot was best new weapon in H4, but terrible with loadouts. The only promethean weapon that's not a clone... 

Couldn't have said it better myself.

The railgun would have been an amazing weapon but it had too much magnetism. The magnetism was also random - sometimes it would curve into the guy and other times it would miss even though you should have hit him. 

If they made the rail have ZERO magnetism and little aim assist it would be amazing imo.

If they made the rail have ZERO magnetism and little aim assist it would be amazing imo.

Yeah, though they'd need to increase the splash damage or clip size. 

On  the topic of other H4 weapons, SAW should go die in a fire. All the other weapons in the game are balanced, if unoriginal. 

Yeah, though they'd need to increase the splash damage or clip size. 

On  the topic of other H4 weapons, SAW should go die in a fire. All the other weapons in the game are balanced, if unoriginal. 

Rockets in H4 needed a buff IMO

Rockets in H4 needed a buff IMO

Really? Thought they were pretty close to CE levels? 

Regardless, any splash damage weapons will need a buff to deal with Thruster.

Really? Thought they were pretty close to CE levels? 

Regardless, any splash damage weapons will need a buff to deal with Thruster.

I dunno but aren't H2A and H4 rockets the same? H2A's are really weak anyways and it reminds me of H4's. Reach had the best Rockets

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dunno but aren't H2A and H4 rockets the same? H2A's are really weak anyways and it reminds me of H4's. Reach had the best Rockets

Whaaaat? H2:A's rockets are so OP. the splash radius and travel time are insane.

H3 rockets are my favourite since they are the hardest to use, but they wouldn't work in H5's sandbox.

Whaaaat? H2:A's rockets are so OP. the splash radius and travel time are insane.

H3 rockets are my favourite since they are the hardest to use, but they wouldn't work in H5's sandbox.

H2A's rockets got nothing on CE's or Reach's. Calling Rockets OP is stupid; they are meant to be an OP weapon.

Before you destroy my life - I mean as a map pickup. The boltshot takes a bit more skill than the mauler and has a more interesting function.

Just my opinion.

I 100% agree, I've never been a fan of Shotgun in competitive play but the Boltshot as a map pickup is literally the best CQC niche weapon.

As long as the Magnum is a viable starting weapon again, doesn't have a "scope" that looks horrendously clunky, and has that CE Magnum feel to it, I'll be happy.

I mean, I'm all about weapon balancing, but that's the only thing (besides plasma stun) that I'd push for personally.

As long as the Magnum is a viable starting weapon again, doesn't have a "scope" that looks horrendously clunky, and has that CE Magnum feel to it, I'll be happy.

I mean, I'm all about weapon balancing, but that's the only thing (besides plasma stun) that I'd push for personally.

Same. All it needs is an RRR buff and less recoil. 4sk would be nice as well.

H2A's rockets got nothing on CE's or Reach's. Calling Rockets OP is stupid; they are meant to be an OP weapon.

Yeah rockets need to be that strong. I think the Reach rocket in mlg v7 is perfect tbh.

Also I think faster travel time would be the best thing to avoid thruster escapes.

Just my opinion.

Just my opinion.