ZerueLX11

Zeruel's ULTIMATE Gaming PC Build Guide Thread [2015]

@@Jay

Here you go buddy

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/gHKyGX

Plenty of room to spare as well. Still need a case though; personal choice so I left it blank.

Thank you :).

I should hopefully be ordering in the next few days, I'll post what I will be getting when I have it all ordered.

I really appreciate everyone's help!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Alright guys, I am looking for recommendations for a build that will be mainly focused on streaming to Twitch. I will not be looking to be playing games on this PC, ONLY Streaming my Xbox gameplay to Twitch.

My budget is £500 ($730). @@ZerueLX11 and anyone else who know's their tech, any recommended builds are appreciated! Thank you.

Alright guys, I am looking for recommendations for a build that will be mainly focused on streaming to Twitch. I will not be looking to be playing games on this PC, ONLY Streaming my Xbox gameplay to Twitch.

My budget is £500 ($730). @@ZerueLX11 and anyone else who know's their tech, any recommended builds are appreciated! Thank you.

do you have a capture card or do you need one? (just trying to see if we need to figure in the price or not)

do you have a capture card or do you need one? (just trying to see if we need to figure in the price or not)

already have a solid cap card

You shouldn't need anything too powerful to stream. It's more dependant on Internet.

I'll start working on it, Im telling you now though you're gonna have a good CPU. Add a GPU and you're set. 

You can add a GPU in the future, since you wanna stream Halo for now.

You shouldn't need anything too powerful to stream. It's more dependant on Internet.

Yeah its dependent on Internet but Twitch can only stream at a max bitrate 3500kbps.

HD Youtube videos have a bitrate of 10,000kbps+ so if you want good quality you're gonna need a damn good CPU to perform complex calculations, to reduce video compression artifacts. The more you can optimize with only using 3500kbps the better it looks, but it takes a lot of CPU power to optimize.

Examples 

Here is a Twtich Quality Video

Here is a raw capture

And here my two hour video on content creation lol

@@Batchford

Here you go, how does this look?

Newegg International Shipping Service Important Shipping Information
IN STOCK
LIMIT 5
  • £34.99
IN STOCK
  •  
  • £38.99
  •  
IN STOCK
LIMIT 5
  •  
  • £69.99
  •  
IN STOCK
LIMIT 5
  •  
  • £45.99
  •  
IN STOCK
LIMIT 20
  • £55.99
IN STOCK
  • £213.99
Subtotal: £459.94     Newegg Marketplace Direct Delivery Service Important Shipping Information
IN STOCK
  • £41.08
  • £29.99
  • Save: 27.00%
Subtotal: £29.99       Grand Total:* £489.93

Yeah its dependent on Internet but Twitch can only stream at a max bitrate 3500kbps.

HD Youtube videos have a bitrate of 10,000kbps+ so if you want good quality you're gonna need a damn good CPU to perform complex calculations, to reduce video compression artifacts. The more you can optimize with only using 3500kbps the better it looks, but it takes a lot of CPU power to optimize.

Don't get me wrong. If you have the money for a better CPU definitely do it. It will make other tasks like video editing become a lot faster and more efficient. But if you don't have good internet you aren't even going to hit 3500kbps which is a larger quality hit than how well you can polish it after the fact.

Streaming isn't CPU intensive when using an external capture card, even when its an internal capture card anything above a second gen i5 will be fine.

I don't think the monetary value in polishing 3500kbps is worth it when you are working with a budget, but since he is just doing this for streaming I don't really see a reason not to go all out on the CPU.

Also there are workarounds for recording and streaming at the same time so you don't have to deal with the 3500kbps. Unless you are wanting the reactions/voices/overlay/etc

Don't get me wrong. If you have the money for a better CPU definitely do it. It will make other tasks like video editing become a lot faster and more efficient. But if you don't have good internet you aren't even going to hit 3500kbps which is a larger quality hit than how well you can polish it after the fact.

Streaming isn't CPU intensive when using an external capture card, even when its an internal capture card anything above a second gen i5 will be fine.

I don't think the monetary value in polishing 3500kbps is worth it when you are working with a budget, but since he is just doing this for streaming I don't really see a reason not to go all out on the CPU.

Also there are workarounds for recording and streaming at the same time so you don't have to deal with the 3500kbps. Unless you are wanting the reactions/voices/overlay/etc

Even with an external Capture card you're still using the CPU to encode the video. Some capture cards do have built in H.264 hardware encoders but they are not nearly strong enough for 1080p 60fps. Most capture cards just grab the data and send it to a software program like OBS where it uses a H.264 software encoder , using the CPU, to do the streaming work. 

But overall the Internet speed would be the biggest bottleneck here, if Batchford has some 1337 internet, then might as well go all out.  

Luckily I have godlike internet so this should not be a problem.

@@Batchford

Here you go, how does this look?

Newegg International Shipping Service Important Shipping Information
IN STOCK
LIMIT 5
  • £34.99
IN STOCK
  •  
  • £38.99
  •  
IN STOCK
LIMIT 5
  •  
  • £69.99
  •  
IN STOCK
LIMIT 5
  •  
  • £45.99
  •  
IN STOCK
LIMIT 20
  • £55.99
IN STOCK
  • £213.99
Subtotal: £459.94     Newegg Marketplace Direct Delivery Service Important Shipping Information
IN STOCK
  • £41.08
  • £29.99
  • Save: 27.00%
Subtotal: £29.99       Grand Total:* £489.93

I got told that you need at least a GPU to stream. Is that not true?

GPU is for 3D rendering

CPU is for rendering frames from the GPU aka encoding the video.

Ah, so I won't need one then. Last question, won't I need a card so that I can use WiFi? I might just get another cord to use for the PC, but that involves running it through my house.

Luckily I have godlike internet so this should not be a problem.

I got told that you need at least a GPU to stream. Is that not true?

Well the i7 CPU has integrated graphics, dont worry about a GPU.

Also streaming is CPU based if you choose x264( using CPU ). Also the Integrated graphics support DirectX so it should work regardless. 

EDIT: USE THE CORD FOR STREAMINGGGGG PLEASEEEEEE

Well the i7 CPU has integrated graphics, dont worry about a GPU.

Also streaming is CPU based if you choose x264( using CPU ). Also the Integrated graphics support DirectX so it should work regardless. 

EDIT: USE THE CORD FOR STREAMINGGGGG PLEASEEEEEE

Alright the Cord shall be bought. We shall be balling in 60FPS boys.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ah, so I won't need one then. Last question, won't I need a card so that I can use WiFi? I might just get another cord to use for the PC, but that involves running it through my house.

Hardwire that bitch, always.

And you also don't need an i7 for a streaming machine. You could easily get a high-end i3 or low end i5 and be fine. Don't compare yourself to other streams who make a 100k a year and get gnarly computer components donated to them.

Hardwire that bitch, always.

And you also don't need an i7 for a streaming machine. You could easily get a high-end i3 or low end i5 and be fine. Don't compare yourself to other streams who make a 100k a year and get gnarly computer components donated to them.

I might get a slightly cheaper higher end i5 so I can actually buy a monitor so I can use the PC... 

edit: http://www.newegg.com/global/uk/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117302 would this be a good card for 60FPS? or should I stick with the i7 @@Synyster @@ZerueLX11