ZerueLX11

Zeruel's ULTIMATE Gaming PC Build Guide Thread [2015]

i'm glad @@ZerueLX11 posted his build before i posted mine because i was wayyyyy off lol

i also couldnt get down to budget even though its a decent budget 

@@Batchford have you ever built a pc before? if not i could show you some good tutorials

the only "difficult" part is installing the cpu cooler and thermal paste 

i recently dusted the inside of my pc and now my psu is starting to get a little louder 

might just be a coincidence 

• Upvote (+1) 1

i recently dusted the inside of my pc and now my psu is starting to get a little louder 

might just be a coincidence 

Maybe the dust build up was hampering your fan speed some how? Doesn't seem like anything bad.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just upgraded my PC due to my mobo being so old that it isn't compatible with newer AMD cards. Kind of frustrating because I'm not getting any better performance in gaming from this upgrade, but whatever. It should decrease the chance of this happening again for 3-4 years.

I got

i5 6600

MSI H170

16GB DDR4 2133

TX3 for cooling.

Cost me $420 in total, not a bad price, just didn't want to pay it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Nokt

I thought you had a bigger budget?

typically I do, this just caught me at a bad time. I haven't been really saving to upgrade because no CPU has brought a substantial upgrade to gaming over the i5 2500k.

Yup. I'll have my i5 3570K for probably another 2 generations.

@@ZerueLX11

Been playing H1 again lately, and I can't seem to run the game very well.

On ultra, I'm getting mid 50's to low 20's for FPS

On low, I'm getting a high of 60 to a low of mid 30's

My setup should be able to run the game fine, 3570K and a 7950 neither over clocked, but it's not. Any recommendations?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yup. I'll have my i5 3570K for probably another 2 generations.

@@ZerueLX11

Been playing H1 again lately, and I can't seem to run the game very well.

On ultra, I'm getting mid 50's to low 20's for FPS

On low, I'm getting a high of 60 to a low of mid 30's

My setup should be able to run the game fine, 3570K and a 7950 neither over clocked, but it's not. Any recommendations?

Strange, trying maybe uninstalling and updating any drivers then reinstall. The game is like 15 years old so it shouldn't have an issue being played, unless its a bad driver issue. Try checking CPU and GPU usage first as well.  

Strange, trying maybe uninstalling and updating any drivers then reinstall. The game is like 15 years old so it shouldn't have an issue being played, unless its a bad driver issue. Try checking CPU and GPU usage first as well.  

H1Z1... I should have specified.

H1Z1... I should have specified.

Ohhh lol, yeah the game is in beta . Maybe it got a bad update or something but try updating your video drivers.

pulling the trigger with a cart full of components for a new rig is the hardest part

• Upvote (+1) 1

pulling the trigger with a cart full of components for a new rig is the hardest part

Oh? A new rig? Tell me tell me!

Trying to build a PC for a friend and it is a pain because he wants to buy the pieces over the next couple of months and then put it all together. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Trying to build a PC for a friend and it is a pain because he wants to buy the pieces over the next couple of months and then put it all together. 

I'll tell you this now, its always better to just buy the whole thing at once. 

At the very least, dont buy a GPU and build the PC, then buy the GPU later.

If you need any help, im always available :) 

That would make a beautiful PC <3

Except i7's are a waste of money unless you actually need it

Same with 750W PSU

Other than that, should be a good build.

Except i7's are a waste of money unless you actually need it

Same with 750W PSU

Other than that, should be a good build.

R9 390's are required to have a 750w PSU. Although everyone says you can get away with 600w.

R9 390's are required to have a 750w PSU. Although everyone says you can get away with 600w.

Not really, if you stress a R9 390 it will draw ~350w max and if you stress the i7 6700 maybe ~125w max too.

Along with the entire system thats ~500w. Those conditions are if you are doing synthetic testing which is way more demanding than gaming. 

Not really, if you stress a R9 390 it will draw ~350w max and if you stress the i7 6700 maybe ~125w max too.

Along with the entire system thats ~500w. Those conditions are if you are doing synthetic testing which is way more demanding than gaming. 

I should have been more specific. Its listed as required by the manufacturer.

@@ZerueLX11

@@Synyster

Amd fx 8120 @ 3.1ghz

Radeon hd7850 1gb

Mobo: MSI 760 GM P-23

No name brand 700 watt power supply.

I am not sure about the case it's some Azza one that I have to get back with you when I find the box but being honest nothing is wrong with it except that I have no idea at all how to get the front panel off. I would say it's a mid size tower?

I bought this back in 2013 as a completely entry level gaming pc and have made some slight changes to the GPU I listed above and the heat sink and case fans. I now have a full time pretty decent paying job. I got $900-1000 I can drop easily and I'm wanting to know if should start a completely new build or just swap out mostly everything in my existing pc.

Advice?

Also I'm just wanting to go for something strictly gaming. I know I wouldn't be streaming or care for editing but I'm ready to make the full switch to PC except for the few exclusives Xbox still has. Sorry if the format of this post is weird I'm posting this from mobile because my apartment doesn't get internet until Tuesday.

I also forgot I'm good on peripherals except the monitor. The one I have currently is only good for 60 fps so I'm assuming I'll need something better to output the upgrade or new build.

@@ZerueLX11

@@Synyster

Amd fx 8120 @ 3.1ghz

Radeon hd7850 1gb

Mobo: MSI 760 GM P-23

No name brand 700 watt power supply.

I am not sure about the case it's some Azza one that I have to get back with you when I find the box but being honest nothing is wrong with it except that I have no idea at all how to get the front panel off. I would say it's a mid size tower?

I bought this back in 2013 as a completely entry level gaming pc and have made some slight changes to the GPU I listed above and the heat sink and case fans. I now have a full time pretty decent paying job. I got $900-1000 I can drop easily and I'm wanting to know if should start a completely new build or just swap out mostly everything in my existing pc.

Advice?

Also I'm just wanting to go for something strictly gaming. I know I wouldn't be streaming or care for editing but I'm ready to make the full switch to PC except for the few exclusives Xbox still has. Sorry if the format of this post is weird I'm posting this from mobile because my apartment doesn't get internet until Tuesday.

I also forgot I'm good on peripherals except the monitor. The one I have currently is only good for 60 fps so I'm assuming I'll need something better to output the upgrade or new build.

Lucky for you those exclusive are gonna be Microsoft Platform Exclusives so you can play them on W10.

I say save up more for a completely new build. With taxes it should be around $1900.

Newegg Standard Shipping Service Important Shipping Information

IN STOCK
LIMIT 40
  •  
  • $122.99
  •  

IN STOCK
  •  
  • $479.99
  •  

IN STOCK
  • $129.99

IN STOCK
LIMIT 5
  •  
  • $64.99
  •  

IN STOCK
  • $79.99

IN STOCK
LIMIT 5
  • $39.99

IN STOCK
LIMIT 3
  •  
  • $149.99
  •  

Subtotal: $1,067.93        

IN STOCK
LIMIT 5
  • $49.99
  •  
IN STOCK
  •  
  • $259.99

Newegg Digital Download Delivery Service Important Shipping Information

IN STOCK
  • $0.99
  • $0.00
  • Save: 100.00%
IN STOCK
  • $9.99
  • $0.00
  • Save: 100.00%

Shipping Options Choose a delivery method FREE Online Services Shipping: $0.00

IN STOCK
  •  
  • $343.99
  •  

Subtotal: $343.99

Grand Total: $1,883.77

I'm okay with going totally new but fuck I have never made a purchase on entertainment that big idk if I could convince myself to spend over a $1000 on it lol. I need to get a car in April and gotta start saving up now. I could do it a few months down the line but I'm honestly looking for something sooner but idk if I should just be patient and go with that or just get something started this month.

• Upvote (+1) 1