ZerueLX11

Zeruel's ULTIMATE Gaming PC Build Guide Thread [2015]

Thanks for the replies. I'll have a proper look when I'm not on my phone :).

Just remember i5 or above on the CPU, super important.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just remember i5 or above on the CPU, super important.

Don't go above, it's wasting monies that could go to much more importatnt things, like GPUs, and more periphals than you really need.

Picked up the R9 390 from Club 3D this boxing week. regularly 449.99 + environmental & tax. Got it for 398.97 + environmental & tax.

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=558&item_id=084998

This has given me the ability to live stream Black Ops 3 PC, Fallout 4 (more stably) and a few other higher demanding games as well making other games more stable.

Love everything about it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nice that will do some 1080p 60fps+ on ultra!!

God damn dude. This card is such a beast. Great upgrade from my 760 twin frozr.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I need a new card =[

I know, but Nvidia or AMD will be releasing new ones so soon I want to wait. 

I know, but Nvidia or AMD will be releasing new ones so soon I want to wait.

I was going to wait for the Zen arc from AMD but when I learned the R9 390s boxing day sale was the lowest it'll ever be again, I nabbed it. I'll upgrade to next Arc after this card has had atleast 5 years of life

I need a new card =[

What are you looking for? I've got a r9 290 that I was going to throw up on eBay. Its got a stock cooler so it can be a bit loud, but it runs like a champ.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What are you looking for? I've got a r9 290 that I was going to throw up on eBay. Its got a stock cooler so it can be a bit loud, but it runs like a champ.

Ohhh, I might be interested. Currently running 7950, so, that would be a nice upgrade.

I'm just going to drop this here. This thing is unreal.

Sweet. Baby. Universe.

Watched that yesterday, unreal.

Completely illogical and difficult to pull off, but still cool.

Hit me up also when you want to get a new PC ;)

I will probably be looking at a new PC in the next few months and that'll be when I buy the monitor and I will definitely hit you up about that =].

I kept my word ;).

@@ZerueLX11 Greetings again! My friend has basically chosen, ordered and built my last two pcs for me and it about to do my third. I have had this one over three years now and thought an upgrade would be nice. (I said I wanted to spend around £500, I'd probably go to £650ish max if there was a reason to).

He sent me this list and I wondered if you could look it over and tell me what you thought please? Both of the previous ones have been great but I thought I would ask you considering your wealth of knowledge =p.

I also want to look at a 144hz monitor, you have already recommended some here and I was just wondering are these still the ones to go for? I assume so as it has only been a few months but I thought I would check with you before making a decision.

I also wanted to say thank you on behalf of myself and everyone else that you have taken the time out of your day to help, the answers your give are in so much detail and give a wide variety of options to the person asking, it is very much appreciated.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I kept my word ;).

@@ZerueLX11 Greetings again! My friend has basically chosen, ordered and built my last two pcs for me and it about to do my third. I have had this one over three years now and thought an upgrade would be nice. (I said I wanted to spend around £500, I'd probably go to £650ish max if there was a reason to).

He sent me this list and I wondered if you could look it over and tell me what you thought please? Both of the previous ones have been great but I thought I would ask you considering your wealth of knowledge =p.

I also want to look at a 144hz monitor, you have already recommended some here and I was just wondering are these still the ones to go for? I assume so as it has only been a few months but I thought I would check with you before making a decision.

I also wanted to say thank you on behalf of myself and everyone else that you have taken the time out of your day to help, the answers your give are in so much detail and give a wide variety of options to the person asking, it is very much appreciated.

You've been noticed lol

I'll look up on it now :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Building a new one.

First thing, go Intel if you can.

GPU is okay, depends on what you're trying to get out of your computer.

Again, go Intel if you can.

Computer case is completely personal.

Cooler seems fine, never heard of it though.

ASrock is a good motherboard.

Don't need 600W, but it's cheap so why not? I reccomend SeaSonic, at least 80PLUS gold cert.

8GB of RAM is totally fine.

$35 for a 120GB SSD isn't bad but you'll fill it up quickly. Try to get at least a 256, or 120 and a 1-2TB mechanical.

First thing, go Intel if you can.

GPU is okay, depends on what you're trying to get out of your computer.

Again, go Intel if you can.

Computer case is completely personal.

Cooler seems fine, never heard of it though.

ASrock is a good motherboard.

Don't need 600W, but it's cheap so why not? I reccomend SeaSonic, at least 80PLUS gold cert.

8GB of RAM is totally fine.

$35 for a 120GB SSD isn't bad but you'll fill it up quickly. Try to get at least a 256, or 120 and a 1-2TB mechanical.

Everything I've posted so far has been picked out by a friend, he's bought and built my last two pcs, I tell him a price range and he links me to stuff to buy. This time I thought I'd see what @@ZerueLX11 thought about it because he seems to have helped many people with their pc/monitors and ever since I decided I'd buy in the new year I always planned to get some feedback from this thread =p. Not that I don't trust my friend, I thought multiple opinions would generate the best pc I could get for my price range :).

So I've picked up on a few things regarding hardware but majority of the time when people are saying "get ____ over ____" I don't usually know what they're talking about =p.

About what I want out of the computer, it's just for general home use, I play counterstrike, watch streams, browse the web, just the usuals. Sometimes when I have a few things open it starts to slow down. Also I cannot watch 1440p/4k videos on youtube without it lagging (I have 127 down, 11 up net so it's not that =p) just as an example, or I struggle to watch two streams at the same time without them lagging and some maps/areas on cs I drop to uncomfortable fps. I know this is a bit "rambly" but I'm just trying to give you a couple of examples of things I'd like my new pc to improve on. I don't play any graphically demanding games but I do sometimes have quite a few things going on at once on my pc so I'd like the next one to be able to multi task a little better.

I appreciate the help regardless, it is all very much welcome :).

Is your budget totally set at $650? @@Jay err whatever your currency is?

Not set in stone, I wouldn't mind paying extra for some parts if they're worth the cost, don't have an exact number of my max but maybe something around £600, possibly £650 ($880-950). My currency is pounds, so £100 atm is around $146 if that helps.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not set in stone, I wouldn't mind paying extra for some parts if they're worth the cost, don't have an exact number of my max but maybe something around £600, possibly £650 ($880-950). My currency is pounds, so £100 atm is around $146 if that helps.

$800 is plenty to build a solid machine that won't lag with two streams.

I'll do some digging around. I'm just not sure how well the parts I pick will transfer over to pounds.