ZerueLX11

Zeruel's ULTIMATE Gaming PC Build Guide Thread [2015]

So here's a noob question. How do i find that out?

So the PSU( Power Supply ) gives everything power in the PC. 

Ask your friend what PSU is in the PC. And what wattage.

If the Wattage is too low then it wont be able to power high end GPUs and if the brand is ghetto there is a chance it will explode.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i5 4690k CPU $240

GTX 970 GPU $343

$600 + $240 + $343 = $1183

My PC that I suggested was $1050 and will perform the same in games

• Upvote (+1) 1

i5 4690k CPU $240

GTX 970 GPU $343

$600 + $240 + $343 = $1183

My PC that I suggested was $1050 and will perform the same in games

If the peformance is equal i think i'll go with the 600 for now and upgrade later. I don't have to pay the 600 all at once and i'm able to use it asap. 

Thanks for alll the help tho. Appreciate you taking the time to come up with builds and answering my rookie questions. Greatly appreciate it. 

If it was more than just the graphics card and the processor that needed to be upgraded i would've just went with the 1050 build you made, but if you're saying the performance is equal(it cna play on high/ultra) than i don't mind spending the extra bit of change. Considering it has an SSD too, the price isn't far off and the convenience of being able to use it immediately vs later is really nice. 

If the peformance is equal i think i'll go with the 600 for now and upgrade later. I don't have to pay the 600 all at once and i'm able to use it asap. 

Thanks for alll the help tho. Appreciate you taking the time to come up with builds and answering my rookie questions. Greatly appreciate it. 

If it was more than just the graphics card and the processor that needed to be upgraded i would've just went with the 1050 build you made, but if you're saying the performance is equal(it cna play on high/ultra) than i don't mind spending the extra bit of change. Considering it has an SSD too, the price isn't far off and the convenience of being able to use it immediately vs later is really nice. 

Sounds good, just keep in mind the Pentium and 750Ti arent really the best. Maybe like 720p 60fps gaming at most. If you're lucky you can see them for $200 together, with the extra money you can get a really good GTX 980 and dominate 1080p gaming, you can even upgrade to a 144hz monitor late on if you can get the GTX 980.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sounds good, just keep in mind the Pentium and 750Ti arent really the best. Maybe like 720p 60fps gaming at most. If you're lucky you can see them for $200 together, with the extra money you can get a really good GTX 980 and dominate 1080p gaming, you can even upgrade to a 144hz monitor late on if you can get the GTX 980.

Yeah i'll probably play SF4, CS and some SC2 for the most part anyays. My friends have One's and a couple of them keep asking me when i'm getting one. So i'll be buying a One some time(tho i kinda don't want one) while i pay off this PC. So for the time being i'll just be playing MP games anyways so i wouldn't mind 480p if it means better frame rate. 

I think i'll do that. That's a really good idea. I'll probably be able to do that near the end of the year. 

so i was thinking about upgrading my pc in the future to be able to run fallout 4 at decent settings when it releases. i know system requirement's haven't been released yet, but just thinking about upgrading anyways.

i currently have a gtx 570, i5-2500k, 8gb ram, corsair tx650 power supply.

anything recommendations that won't break the bank?

so i was thinking about upgrading my pc in the future to be able to run fallout 4 at decent settings when it releases. i know system requirement's haven't been released yet, but just thinking about upgrading anyways.

i currently have a gtx 570, i5-2500k, 8gb ram, corsair tx650 power supply.

anything recommendations that won't break the bank?

You can buy a GTX 960 for $200 or a GTX 970 for $320

You have enough RAM and a good processor for gaming its just the GPU that should be upgraded :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

You can buy a GTX 960 for $200 or a GTX 970 for $320

You have enough RAM and a good processor for gaming its just the GPU that should be upgraded :)

alright cool, thanks man.

i was also wondering, how do people use 2 cards in 1 pc? do you need a certain expansion slot to use both, do the cards need to be the same model, etc?

alright cool, thanks man.

i was also wondering, how do people use 2 cards in 1 pc? do you need a certain expansion slot to use both, do the cards need to be the same model, etc?

You motherboard needs to support Crossfire or SLI, check your model and look up if it supports it.

To use SLI/Crossfire you need two PCIe 3.0 Slots that run in x8 + x8. They need to be same "tier" of card but they dont have to be the same brand but its best for them to be the same.  

Its always better to just one stronger card anyways, less technical issues.

1908c1k.png

here's my updated build list, the only thing i bought was the case

i want the i7 so i can stream

@@ZerueLX11 im curious to see what you think, i'm open to suggestions 

did i miss anything? i know i need thermal compound cause i'm not using the stock cpu cooler

• Upvote (+1) 1

1908c1k.png

here's my updated build list, the only thing i bought was the case

i want the i7 so i can stream

@@ZerueLX11 im curious to see what you think, i'm open to suggestions 

did i miss anything? i know i need thermal compound cause i'm not using the stock cpu cooler

Everything looks good but I'll recommend something myself

The only things I see are...

• Better Storage
  • Non-Overclocking CPU with Overclocking motherboard. Unless you want the motherboard for SLI in the future? 
  • Better PSU perhaps?
  • Do you need a DVD/CD Writer? You can install windows with a USB.
  • Do you already have fans that come with the case?
  • Hyper 212 comes with good thermal paste. 
  • Also what resolution will you be playing at? 1080p 60Hz?

Here is a build I came up( White Knight ) slightly pricier but It will get the job done while turning heads ;)

Newegg Standard Shipping Service Important Shipping Information

IN STOCK

• $70.99
  • Save: 29.00%
IN STOCK

IN STOCK
LIMIT 5

• $129.99
  • Save: 7.14%
IN STOCK
  • $105.99
IN STOCK
LIMIT 5
IN STOCK
LIMIT 5
  • $309.99
IN STOCK
LIMIT 5
IN STOCK
LIMIT 3

• $110.99
  • Save: 26.00%

Subtotal: $1,212.92

• Upvote (+1) 1

Forgive my formatting, im on mobile

Better Storage

Yeah I didn't know what to do here, I want an ssd for the os but that's it basically

Non-Overclocking CPU with Overclocking motherboard. Unless you want the motherboard for SLI in the future?

- I chose the most popular one on pcpart picker haha, no specific reason, I don't plan on getting another video card for sli, not in the next 6 months anyways

Better PSU perhaps?

Better how? More efficient? That would be good, another thing I didn't consider

Do you need a DVD/CD Writer? You can install windows with a USB.

Yeah I burn DVDs for my parents

Do you already have fans that come with the case?

Yeah the fan has 2 installed I believe, I figured more couldn't hurt

Hyper 212 comes with good thermal paste.

Alright cool

Also what resolution will you be playing at? 1080p 60Hz?

Yup, im pretty sure my monitor is 60hz I forgot to check, for the time being 1080 with good fps would make me happy

I heard the Msi gaming edition 970 has a better heat sink

Forgive my formatting, im on mobile

Better Storage

Yeah I didn't know what to do here, I want an ssd for the os but that's it basically

Non-Overclocking CPU with Overclocking motherboard. Unless you want the motherboard for SLI in the future?

- I chose the most popular one on pcpart picker haha, no specific reason, I don't plan on getting another video card for sli, not in the next 6 months anyways

Better PSU perhaps?

Better how? More efficient? That would be good, another thing I didn't consider

Do you need a DVD/CD Writer? You can install windows with a USB.

Yeah I burn DVDs for my parents

Do you already have fans that come with the case?

Yeah the fan has 2 installed I believe, I figured more couldn't hurt

Hyper 212 comes with good thermal paste.

Alright cool

Also what resolution will you be playing at? 1080p 60Hz?

Yup, im pretty sure my monitor is 60hz I forgot to check, for the time being 1080 with good fps would make me happy

I heard the Msi gaming edition 970 has a better heat sink

The PSU I picked is new and has a gold power efficiency rating while the other one had a bronze. 

Feel free to get a cheap DVD/CD writer!

Feel free to get more more fans, one more fan blowing on the side into the GPU would be a good idea.

And the gaming edition does have a better heatsink feel free to spend more on that if you want. Sufficient cooling and a fan installed on a side panel will help. Nothing wrong either with other one, most 970s will perform the same +/- 7fps depending on the overclock.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nothing wrong either with other one, most 970s will perform the same +/- 7fps depending on the overclock.

Ohh okay, I'm just gonna go with the one you suggested then, the mkney saved can be put towards case fans

Hey thanks for your help man, I hope this is a good build, it's been a long time since I've had a capable gaming computer

Ohh okay, I'm just gonna go with the one you suggested then, the mkney saved can be put towards case fans

Hey thanks for your help man, I hope this is a good build, it's been a long time since I've had a capable gaming computer

Yeah the 970 will dominate in 1080p 60fps and the i7 will be very good at streaming.

If you need any streaming tips let me know! Btw what are the specs of your old pc?

ditch the SSD you have for a Samsung 850 Evo. Everything else is inferior. 

2010 i5 macbook pro haha

ran tf2 pretty good for a lot of years

If you want you could turn it into a streaming server.

You can do..

Xbox/PC Streaming

or PC/PC Streaming

I was thinking of that, my MacBook is currently my htpc haha

That mobo you recommended was on sale at newegg so I bought it